Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 80 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
Re: Bayley

I love how "heel turn" is the answer for everything in here...except that it wasn't for Ambrose.

Bayley is one of those girls who's just a little too much on the side of dorky for the WWE not to mess up an attempt for a heel turn. SHe needed a better gimmick though, because her current one was DOA once the WWE got going with it (as they usually would for everyone, but Bayley was much more susceptible to it)

That being said, Bayley is already better off simply being away from Alexa. Sucks for Sasha if she's still on RAW though.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts

I agree it might not work. I even said on the first page it's probably too late, but she needs to try something.

Sticking to this character is bad for her and everyone else.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts

You know what she should do? Try and play that Kurt Angle character when he first debuted. He thought he was a good guy but everyone else hated him. The same kind of deal happened with Jason Jordan before his injury.

Bayley is dorky enough to make it work. It would channel her natural personality.

SD's women's division is really good but it lacks credible top heels besides Charlotte.
I think that only works if the performer doesn't mind getting booed though. Bayley always looks like she is on the verge of tears if the crowd aren't behind her

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #64

I love how "heel turn" is the answer for everything in here...except that it wasn't for Ambrose.

Bayley is one of those girls who's just a little too much on the side of dorky for the WWE not to mess up an attempt for a heel turn. SHe needed a better gimmick though, because her current one was DOA once the WWE got going with it (as they usually would for everyone, but Bayley was much more susceptible to it)

That being said, Bayley is already better off simply being away from Alexa. Sucks for Sasha if she's still on RAW though.
But How?

What gimmick would fit good for her?

A heel turn for Becky on Charlotte did wonders for Becky now

Can it do the same for Bayley if she feuds with Charlotte?

·
Registered
7,658 Posts

Bayley started in NXT as a energetic superfan still in disbelief that she was apart of the WWE. We watched her rise up the ranks finally winning the title. WWE fans didn't see her evolution from starstruck newbie to women's champion, all they saw was a woman who likes inflatable tube men and hugging.

There should've been some growth from her instead we got the questionable title win against Charlotte, the Alexa feud and the friendship with Banks that wouldn't end.

Plus during her time in NXT she didn't get much promo time, her talking was via backstage interviews and video packages.
She comes across as not only being terrible on the mic but corny as well. They should go the way of Bo Dallas in NXT, someone whose oblivious of fans hatred towards them.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts

Bayley moving to Smackdown could be a great move for her. New challenges, new opportunities, possibly a new gimmick?

Given the roster we have there can be some great matches and feuds for Bayley. For one against Becky Lynch. They haven't wrestled each other since 2015? If im correct. Bayley vs Ember Moon, Sonya, Micki James, Asuka, kairi, these can all be great matches

Sucks for Sasha but I'd say if she does come back keep her on Raw. Would suck for her cause Bayley is no longer there and she's have to keep seeing Alexa but Raw needs more talent in the female pool right now

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,413 Posts

She definitely needs a heel turn but honestly, I think it's already too late. It was too late a long time ago.
It is a bad thing, if you got turn heel, because the crowd got tired of you. :(

She got booed pretty bad tonight
Bayley didn't even get a reaction from the kids. Man, she has fallen. And she was semi booed during her promo and she looked bother by it. Kinda looked like she didnt wanna be out there.
Its funny how Bayley started getting booed as soon as Sasha left. LOL it may have just been Canada though. We'll see how the people react next week.
I was shocked at the boos. Where did those come from? Did she heel on the Habs before the show?
I was weird and made her debut in SD a lame start. I was "shocked" as well.

Canada's irrational hatred of Bayley is hilarious. Even the IIconics got cheered.
Billie even got a pop for kicking/punching Bayley.

I can only think of the online backlash since Sasha was booed as well. Bayley hasn't been the star WWE thought she would be but tonight was harsh. Hopefully, it's a one-off and she can be rebooted. I'm not a fan but she is a good worker.

It's weird she got booed tonight when she got cheered last night in the same city. Are they taking anger at Sasha out on her? If so, why would they even be mad at Sasha in the first place? All the fans hate WWE and want to see their favorites leave.
It is kinda sad, if fans really start boooing people, because of some online gossip.

Sasha would get a huge pop if they brought whatever's going on backstage to her character. Bayley got booed because she got jobbed out to Bliss in a match where Bliss' did nothing but slaps and hair pulls and a DDT. Bayley getting booed after being jobbed out to Bliss happened before
Could be. But still she debuted as face and was booed this week. And she was kinda protected by being surround with 9 other women.

Bayley moving to Smackdown could be a great move for her. New challenges, new opportunities, possibly a new gimmick?
I don`t say that won`t happen, but I am not sure that was the idea. It makes not much sense to let someone debut as face, getting booed, and then she is NOT turning heel in this very moment.
Let`s hope for Bayley, that got a plan already.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts

Just out of curiosity, what does Montreal have against Bayley? They gave her a pretty brutal welcome, but I know they have their own taste.

Assuming she gets a better reception elsewhere, she seems like a natural ally for Becky 2 Belts, if they're not looking to turn her.
Or if they are, I guess she could pair up and drink tea with Charlotte.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts

You know what she should do? Try and play that Kurt Angle character when he first debuted. He thought he was a good guy but everyone else hated him. The same kind of deal happened with Jason Jordan before his injury.

Bayley is dorky enough to make it work. It would channel her natural personality.

SD's women's division is really good but it lacks credible top heels besides Charlotte.
Isn't that what the New Day were like as well when they turned Heel?

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
3,413 Posts

Just out of curiosity, what does Montreal have against Bayley? They gave her a pretty brutal welcome, but I know they have their own taste.
The last time she was booed was because people there thought her injury was fake.

Assuming she gets a better reception elsewhere, she seems like a natural ally for Becky 2 Belts, if they're not looking to turn her.
Or if they are, I guess she could pair up and drink tea with Charlotte.
I am not so sure about this ally thing is a good idea for Becky.

·
Registered
4,354 Posts

Its ALL in the booking and storywriting.

Bayley could have gotten over big as a babyface. She was given some terrible angles to work and got rather buried.

A heel turn COULD help if they booked her right and made a story with it. But know them, what they will do is turn her heel and then randomly bring her out with no story and just beat up on or job to faces. It will fail.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts

I think they should turn her heel by making her just a hyper version of what she already is. Imagine her hugging EVERYONE, always talking about how she is doing what she is to make her young fan proud just be as obnoxious as possible about it. She would start getting mega heat.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts

remember when she got cheered for smacking the shit out of sasha and screaming 'you ain't shit!' in her face?

then they were best mates again the week after lol

·
Registered
3,045 Posts

It's sad how much WWE fucked up such a simple character like Bayley. You somehow got one of the most over women on the roster to be either booed or coming out to complete silence.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts

I'd like to see her turn heel so we can see more of this

Heh. In an environment that could actually take the concept of a cute entertaining "bad guy" and actually make it work like NXT, that would be amazing.

This is main roster WWE we're talking about. This is Vince McMahon. Vince probably had absolutely nothing to do with this commercial and actively fought against it.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Bayley becoming a heel on Smackdown could prove to be a good thing, considering the amount of story that could be pushed out by it.

But, this is Vince we're talking about. We both know he would make her job out to someone within 2 months.

61 - 80 of 289 Posts