Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So FCW are pushing Mason Ryan and his Welshian accent pretty hard just now.

I know it doesn't relate to anything currently going on in WWE just now, but do you guys reckon we'll get Wade Barrett vs. Drew MacIntyre vs. Mason vs. (logic/geography says Finlay, but more likely) Sheamus any time?

This seems epic to me being Scottish, but I don't know if it would draw anything in the States/elsewhere in the world. Would we just get a bunch of 'U-S-A' chants?

Reactions: The_Jiz

·
Banned
386 Posts

I know it doesn't relate to anything currently going on in WWE just now, but do you guys reckon we'll get Wade Barrett vs. Drew MacIntyre vs. Mason vs. (logic/geography says Finlay, but more likely) Sheamus any time?

This seems epic to me being Scottish, but I don't know if it would draw anything in the States/elsewhere in the world. Would we just get a bunch of 'U-S-A' chants?
Welshian?

I believe it is Welsh

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
Barrett vs Ryan vs McIntrye in a triple threat only to have Seamus interfere, brogue kick them all and wave a nice big tri-colour in their faces because the Irish are better :D :p

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
I don't think we'll see 3+ guys in an "international battle" but maybe as a stable it could work(though Barrett is already known for Nexus so even a year after Nexus, would people want to see Barrett in a stable again? Though HHH and HBK proved that being in more than one stable in their career could work)

I see more of a one on one battle if they do bring up something like this.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mason Ryan is Welshian, the same way Drew MacIntyre is Scotch :rolleyes:

Yeah I know its Welsh, I kind of forget I use made up words half the time...

On that note Starbuck, Drew is a Rangers FC fan right? Drew vs Sheamus would draw off the hook when they do their Glasgow tour date, but hardly seems worth it for one house show alone...

Reactions: 21 - 1

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
On that note Starbuck, Drew is a Rangers FC fan right? Drew vs Sheamus would draw off the hook when they do their Glasgow tour date, but hardly seems worth it for one house show alone...
Alternatively, set up a ring on the Shankhill and put Sheamus in it. He wouldnt even need an opponent.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alternatively, set up a ring on the Shankhill and put Sheamus in it. He wouldnt even need an opponent.
We want a wrestling match, not a stabbing incident for SPD to be complacent over.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Forgive me, I meant the D District Command Unit, the Shank is in Antrim, correct?

Maybe the Garda could get involved as well..

This post is distinctly un-wrestling oriented so I'll conclude by saying

Mark Henry = ratings or something....

·
Registered
8,430 Posts
The Yanks wouldn't give a shit if it happened 8*D.
I'm just pleased one whole page has gone by and no-one has reffered to Sheamus as being British..........yet :D.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'd like to see this, maybe like, a WM match or Summerslam as it could be big.
If, a few years down the line, all 3/4 of them are sitting with no prevailing storylines on the go and they all remain relevant, it could be booked to be epic. Lord knows I've encountered enough erstwhile 'Scottish', 'Irish' and 'British' people while I've been living in California to indicate this could be made relevant to a keen WWE audience...

·
Registered
5,918 Posts

I'd love for them all to big and to make a power stable. Again, you'd have to wait for Nexus to be a distant memory so Barett isn't labelled as a "stable guy" but if they were all really established then they'd make a great anti-American group.

Usually I hate the anti-USA gimmick because it's so overdone but this I'd enjoy. Maybe link it in with Britain's relationship with the US somehow, I dunno'. The fact that they're all big guys as well would make it unique because usually stables are a mix of body types. Seeing so many dominant guys in one place would be kinda' like Survivor Series a few years back when Lesnar's team was him, Big Show, Matt Morgan, A-Train & Nathan Jones. They just screamed of awesomeness.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
We want a wrestling match, not a stabbing incident for SPD to be complacent over.
How about if we put up some CZW ring aprons?

Forgive me, I meant the D District Command Unit, the Shank is in Antrim, correct?
Belfast. Im not actually from the area so I would ask a Northern Irish person to add something but im not sure if they even have running water let alone an internet connetion.

I'd love for them all to big and to make a power stable. Again, you'd have to wait for Nexus to be a distant memory so Barett isn't labelled as a "stable guy" but if they were all really established then they'd make a great anti-American group.

Usually I hate the anti-USA gimmick because it's so overdone but this I'd enjoy. Maybe link it in with Britain's relationship with the US somehow, I dunno'. The fact that they're all big guys as well would make it unique because usually stables are a mix of body types. Seeing so many dominant guys in one place would be kinda' like Survivor Series a few years back when Lesnar's team was him, Big Show, Matt Morgan, A-Train & Nathan Jones. They just screamed of awesomeness.
No

·
Registered
887 Posts
I'm English and I couldnt give a fuck about any of them apart from Barrett, and then its only cos his haircut screams 'I am a bad motherfucker'. Mason Ryan needs to go and bum Rob Terry, maybe they could have a massive child together.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
How about if we put up some CZW ring aprons?

Belfast. Im not actually from the area so I would ask a Northern Irish person to add something but im not sure if they even have running water let alone an internet connetion.
What an ignorant remark that was. And yes, for your information people in NI do have running fucking water.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
What an ignorant remark that was. And yes, for your information people in NI do have running fucking water.
Oh dear, you took that seriously. How embarrassing for you.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Okay, what started as a thread with potential is steadily going downhill.

Anyway, the Un-Americans have been done before. I think personally something like face Celts (Mac & Sheamus) vs heel English (Barrett and Regal) could be interesting. Or the heels and faces could be the other way round.

I don't care for Mason Ryan or Rob Terry much, personally (yes, I'm Welsh).

1 - 20 of 25 Posts