Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been after this for a while and i finally tracked a copy off Ebay (only cost me £10). Thought i'd upload it for any other Bats fan that would like it. :)

---------------------------------------------

Batman Knightfall Audio CD - BBC 2007 (3 CDs)

MP3 @320

Batman: Knightfall was a BBC Audio Drama based on the comic series of Batman: Knightfall. It was first broadcasted on BBC Radio 1 in 1994 on April 11th and finished on July 22nd. It was later published on audio cassettes and CDs. As was named in the US as "Batman: The Knighfall Saga".

On CD for the first time, this fantastic full-cast radio adventure comes from esteemed producer Dirk Maggs, director of "Superman: Doomsday and Beyond" and the recent radio episodes of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

Batman has been crippled by his fiercest foe ever, Bane: a villain of superhuman strength, cunning and evil. With Bruce Wayne confined to a wheelchair, who will protect the innocent from the dangerous inmates of Arkham Asylum, whom Bane has released?

This stunning audio production was first aired on BBC Radio 1. The cliffhanging, all-action adventure can now be heard uninterrupted - with dazzling sound effects, specially composed orchestral music and all. You've 'never' heard a comic sound like this!

Comment by Dirk Maggs

"When it was first suggested we should make action dramas in daily three minute episodes I was pretty scared but willing to give it a try. There was a lot of gloomy predictions of failure but once we got into our stride it seemed to work pretty well, and it was a format which could be slotted in between the chart records on BBC Radio 1. Also the first real effort to get to grips with Dolby Surround was `Batman Knightfall" which we made for BBC Radio 1 in 1994.

The idea was to create an atmospheric mood which would be quite scary. Paul Deeley did some amazing sound mixing but some of the effects mixing and panning aren't as focused as we would do it now on Dolby 5.1.

To be honest, everything I have done I would improve if I could go back and do it again ... we are all the same, perfectionists who - but for deadlines - might never finish a job!

A quick word for Bob Sessions who played our Batman. What a great presence he has, what a wonderful voice. And he WAS Batman in a uniquely urbane way. My ambition was to do Frank Miller's `The Dark Knight Returns' with him ... sadly it was not to be - dear Bob died before it could happen. Thank you Bob."

Michael Gough who played Bruce Wayne's loyal butler and guardian in the Burton/Schumacher Batman movies reprised his role as the voice of Alfred Pennyworth.

In 1994, BBC Radio 1 broadcast a radio-play adaptation, later also released on audio-tape (ISBN 0-563-39520-6) and CD by BBC Audiobooks on March 5, 2007. It was adapted, produced and directed by Dirk Maggs, with music composed by Mark Russell, who had recently made Superman: Doomsday & Beyond on BBC Radio 5. This show, however was not commissioned of its own, but rather to be three-minute episodes on the Mark Goodier Show. This meant it was written with a sense of immediacy; having to make an instant effect and each three-minute segment contains a major plot development or sound effect stunt and end on a cliffhanger. DC acknowledged the effort in an issue Shadow of The Bat by having villains jump past a sign that read Dirk Maggs Radio. The radio-play itself contained similar minor allusions to Batman - the host of a TV show called Chuck Dixon and Dennis O'Neil an author of a book.

"Knightfall" was a sequel to Batman: The Lazarus Syndrome also produced for BBC radio by Dirk Maggs.

Its performers are:

Bob Sessions as Batman
Michael Gough as Alfred Pennyworth
Daniel Marinker as Robin
Peter Marinker as Bane, Jack Drake
Kerry Shale as Jean Paul Valley, The Joker, The Cavalier, Thomas Wayne
William Roberts as Commissioner James Gordon, Amygdala, Carlton LeHa, Tough Tony
Lorelei King as Renee Montoya, Leslie Thompkins, Lady Shiva, Young Bruce, Martha Wayne, Sarah Essen
Eric Meyers as Harvey Bullock, Colonel Vega, Batcave Computer, Joe Chill, Bird, Jeremiah Arkham, Firefly, Nomoz
Michael Roberts as The Ventriloquist, Film Freak, Simpson Flanders, Benedict Asp, Hood
Alibe Parsons as Shondra Kinsolving
James Goode as Nightwing, The Scarecrow
Stuart Milligan as Riddler, Maxie Zeus
Chris Emmett as Mad Hatter
Vincent Marzello as Armand Krol, Abattoir, Mr. Zsasz
Review here: http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/23/5238078/classics-batman-knightfall-bbc-radio-drama

01 Death Of An Angel
02 The Order Of St Dumas
03 Azrael Reborn
04 Jean / Paul's Vow
05 Scar Tissue
06 Bane Learns
07 Only One Batman
08 A Lousy Riddle
09 Loose Nuts
10 Mad Hatters Tea Party

01 Bane Versus Killer Croc
02 Way Too Much
03 Hot Foot to the Funfair
04 Maniacs, Minor and Major
05 The Last Straw
06 Broken Bat
07 The Joker-Scarecrow Divorce
08 City Of Venom
09 The End Justifies the Means
10 A British Connection

01 PSI Amplification
02 Angel Of Death
03 Alfred's Resignation
04 The Joker's Movie
05 Abattior
06 Mantle of the Bat
07 Lady Shiva's Challenge
08 Two Robins
09 Two Bats
10 Leaving The Dark
11 Gotham City Shephard's Bush - The Outtakes
12 Pre-Resoration Opening Sequence

DOWNLOAD this HERE:

CD1 - http://filecloud.io/vstp2lkq8
CD2 - http://filecloud.io/lvuw50kn3
CD3 - http://filecloud.io/ki57b1a03

·
33,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I posted this in the File Exchange section as it's essentially an upload, but obviously it'll get buried in there because of all the daily TV threads and so i have moved it to the entertainment section so more people are aware of not the fact that i uploaded it lol, just for the actual source material.

Not because i want people to just download it and for it to seem a way to promote my own thread, but mainly because i'm unsure how many people remember this and may find it useful or would maybe comment on it. Just seems a shame to let it die in that section TBH.

But hey, hope people enjoy the upload too, but thought it'd be nice if anyone has already listened to this and could comment. :)

·
Registered
5,811 Posts
rs and had a hell of a run that often gets forgotten since Frank Miller's Batman/Daredevil resparked the whole industry.
Been after this for a while and i finally tracked a copy off Ebay (only cost me £10). Thought i'd upload it for any other Bats fan that would like it. :)

MP3 @320

Review here: http://www.theverge.com/2013/12/23/5238078/classics-batman-knightfall-bbc-radio-drama

01 Death Of An Angel
02 The Order Of St Dumas
03 Azrael Reborn
04 Jean / Paul's Vow
05 Scar Tissue
06 Bane Learns
07 Only One Batman
08 A Lousy Riddle
09 Loose Nuts
10 Mad Hatters Tea Party

02 Way Too Much
05 The Last Straw
06 Broken Bat
08 City Of Venom
10 A British Connection

01 PSI Amplification
02 Angel Of Death
03 Alfred's Resignation
04 The Joker's Movie
05 Abattior
06 Mantle of the Bat
08 Two Robins
09 Two Bats
10 Leaving The Dark

DOWNLOAD this HERE:

CD1: http://filecloud.io/h3daryciu
CD2: http://filecloud.io/e9o564gnk
CD3: http://filecloud.io/q18oiyzgs

I thank you considerably for this. While I didn't care for the side quests/Jean Paul Valley stuff (for that matter btw neither did Denny O'neil who while "editor" in actuality he wrote the vast majority of Knightfall and the tie-ins were forced upon him by DC), I hold the main story of Knightfall in quite high regard and consider the main story one of Batman's finest which is a very hefty statement for a character with the all time comic catologue in many's opinion.

Wish DC would show some more respect to Dennis by the way guy is one of my two favorite Batman writers and had a hell of a run that often gets forgotten since Frank Miller's Batman/Daredevil shortly after resparked the whole industry. Really good stories like Joker's Five Way Revenge and Tales of the Demon go under the radar. Guy is Incredible at setting a scene and his stuff was written with a cocaine habit and I seem to recall hearing alcohol problems. Funny too that Miller's Daredevil runs really overshadow Denny Oneil's in quick succession albeit in the case of Daredevil: Frank Miller really did write some damn high quality there well beyond Denny's DD.

Reactions: Arya Dark and Brock

·
33,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
No problem fellas, appreciate the feedback. (Y)

I never knew about this in the 1990's TBH, let alone that it was released on these CD's nearly ten years ago, plus it seems that these CD's are already out of print. Luckily i found one on Ebay, although there are some on Amazon too, although for a lot more, esp on the US site i think.

Haven't listened to it myself yet, but i will soon as i have been fascinated by the story for a while now. Interesting to find out Michael Gough was involved in this.

Edit: + @AryaDark for noticing this first lol. :)

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I DLed this a couple years ago, and while I really enjoyed it, it took me a while to get into it since I am used to the Graphic Audio style of plays, with a narrator and such.
If you haven't checked out Graphic Audio, I highly highly recommend them. They have numerous DC and Marvel stories complete with voice actors, narrators, sound effects and more. Well worth a listen.

·
33,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Is anyone else having trouble with the third link? I'll try again and see if I get lucky. This looks like it'll be a fun listen.
Is it timing out for you before the download starts? Because I'm having that problem with the third file.
Just checked and i'm having the same issue, could just be the site server TBH as the link is still active. Ill create a new link later just in case this one keeps failing.

·
33,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Not a gratuitous bump ( :side: ) but i randomly checked CD3 on my computer and noticed that some of the tracks didn't playback properly, probably an error in when i ripped the cd's. I'll re-rip the cd's and re-upload as soon as i can. Sorry for those that downloaded these :eek:

Could just have been CD3, but i'll re-upload the other CD's too in case.

·
33,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@AryaDark
@WrestlingOracle
@Arkham258
@EL SHIV
@2 Ton 21
@Reaper
@BORT
@lolomanolo

New DL links added as per this post:

Not a gratuitous bump ( :side: ) but i randomly checked CD3 on my computer and noticed that some of the tracks didn't playback properly, probably an error in when i ripped the cd's. I'll re-rip the cd's and re-upload as soon as i can. Sorry for those that downloaded these :eek:

Could just have been CD3, but i'll re-upload the other CD's too in case.
Thought i'd drop you guys a mention in case you did DL this originally. ;)

·
Registered
2 Posts
All 3 CD Links Do not Work . Can you Fix it?

MP3 @320

01 Death Of An Angel
02 The Order Of St Dumas
03 Azrael Reborn
04 Jean / Paul's Vow
05 Scar Tissue
06 Bane Learns
07 Only One Batman
08 A Lousy Riddle
09 Loose Nuts
10 Mad Hatters Tea Party

02 Way Too Much
05 The Last Straw
06 Broken Bat
08 City Of Venom
10 A British Connection

01 PSI Amplification
02 Angel Of Death
03 Alfred's Resignation
04 The Joker's Movie
05 Abattior
06 Mantle of the Bat
08 Two Robins
09 Two Bats
10 Leaving The Dark

DOWNLOAD this HERE:

CD1: http://filecloud.io/ck7msruyf
CD2: http://filecloud.io/xjpw1a7dn
CD3: http://filecloud.io/rwn6ac0qb

All 3 CD Links Do not Work . Can you Fix it?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts