Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That character was GOLD!! the promo the week before Mania was priceless and just the way he acted! its a terrible pity he left after just finding his best character!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I agree. I really despised Dave when he was a face but as a heel, he completely won me over. I remember the promo when everybody was expecting an explanation for the attack on Cena and Batista just stood in the ring for about 10 Minutes saying nothing. it was brilliant

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
It was brilliant. He finally found his perfect character and then he left. Damn shame. Ah well, he could be back sooner than we think.

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
His silent promo was awesomeness

·
Registered
267 Posts
Yeah he became the exact character i always thought he should be, i was really enjoying his work. Then just as he gets there he goes...

If he does come back to wwe (pretty much sure he will for another run at least) then it just has to be as this heel, if they plan on bringing him back as the old face 'tista then he should stay well away.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
he was hilarious. intentionally, and also unintentionally. a great time for Batista.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
He left when he found out how he could be the best character how he could be everything about him was improving

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
What exactly was his "character"? If you call generic "Im better than you, I don't care about the fans. Its all about ME" type of heel "character" then ok. Batista was better as a heel but he was in no way worth raving about. Its just the material he got to work with as a heel was better, not Batista himself.

·
Registered
557 Posts
hell, i really enjoyed this character the most over the past couple of years. best lines....security is not here to protect me, they are here to make sure i dont fuck you up cena! (which fuckhead wade barrett used last week.. get some original shit, euro)

and....
Cena is out kissing babies and hugging fat chicks, i am here for the money and titles (and bitches).

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
I loved his initial turn against Rey (I'm gonna take your head off) as well as his last promo screaming in his wheelchair. Wrestlers in wheelchairs are an auto win in my book though.

Sure he was better than he was a face, but not fantastic IMO.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Batista was fantastic throughout his heel run. We were lacking in a badass heel these past several years. Strange how Batista ended up filling the role of badass face and badass heel at different times.

List of awesome things he did as a heel:

- Initial turn against Rey.
- The promo where he threatens Rey.
- His attacks against Undertaker.
- Beatdown of Bret Hart.
- Silent promo on Smackdown.
- Attack promo on Cena.
- Attack promo on fans.
- Promo right after Wrestlemania.
- Promo where he laughs at Orton/Sheamus when they try and play themselves as being equal to him.
- Unintentional moments during matches (like shouting at fans, and aiming a monitor at Michael Cole).
- Overselling Mark Henry.
- Destroying and treating Mark Henry like steps.
- His quitting promo.

It's very weird how Batista was someone who was putting out memorable promos consistently. But he really was awesome. I think it was a case of him finally being let loose a little. As a face past 06, he was basically doing the same thing over and over again.

Whereas since he turned heel, I think you could tell he was genuinely excited and had fun playing his role. He was putting a lot of little touches and mannerisms that worked well.

I think WWE is sorely missing him right now. He has more starpower than the current heels combined and he was really entertaining. It's a shame he left since it was pretty clear his heel run was going to end up truly great.

I despise the surprise return at Royal Rumble (only good when Cena did it as it was a genuine shock and felt fresh while Edge's felt expected and cheap), but I wouldn't mind it this year if it meant Batista was back in the WWE.

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
the last 6 months of Batista's run with WWE were great. I was never the biggest Batista fan when he was a face but when he turned on Rey late last year and began his heel run it was so the good the way they wrote his character to act

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
he was great for sure.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I won't miss him...

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
the last 6 months of Batista's run with WWE were great. I was never the biggest Batista fan when he was a face but when he turned on Rey late last year and began his heel run it was so the good the way they wrote his character to act
Pretty much this. He pretty clearly enjoyed the hell out of playing that heel character and it showed. It's a shame that character came along so late in his career.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts