Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, ive not been able to watch wwe for a long while, can any1 let me knw if batista has retired or just let me know where he is?

·
GOAT
4,523 Posts
He left the WWE citing the company's direction. He wants to venture into MMA and has (I think) had an offer off Strikeforce

·
Registered
333 Posts
Earlier this year he quit WWE, around late June or early July I believe (could be wrong but it was sometime around that timeframe.)

He's training to become a MMA fighter, and there's actually a rumored Batista vs Bobby Lashley fight that may or may not happen some day depending on financial issues and both sides coming to the right agreements.

Also he's scheduled to come in and wrestle a match at some promotion in Japan sometime in the near future, but I think it's just a one match deal as MMA is his top priority right now.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
He quit in May after Over the Limit, and is now trying to do MMA.
He's supposed to be facing Bobby Lashley sometime, I guess. Everyone knows he'll be dominated.
He said he wants to come back to WWE though, but also said most of the guys are weak, and aren't real men anymore.
"Oh I need my baby oil and make sure my make-up is right" :lmao, he said that, that's what most of them worry about.

·
Registered
379 Posts
He decided he didn't like the idea of WWE pushing young talent and wanted to get his ass handed to him in MMA instead.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
He decided he didn't like the idea of WWE pushing young talent and wanted to get his ass handed to him in MMA instead.
No, he didn't. He's one of the superstars who actually encouraged the pushes of younger stars. Hence, his support of Christian when he first went to the main event in 2005, and his subsequent support of many others (even though nothing panned out). Please don't make crap up.

He decided he didn't like the watered down direction of the WWE compared to what he watched growing up, and what he was initially part of when he first rose to stardom, would be a more accurate statement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts