Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I had no idea why he had to leave when he was at the best he had been throughout his whole career with the WWE. He'd really found his niche in the WWE as a mega-heel, i'd even go as far as saying that when he had his last heel run with the WWE he was the most entertaining guy on the roster.

I assume he will come back after failing miserably in MMA, late 2011 i'd say.

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
He should return soon if he ever plans to. The heel scene in the WWE is a bit of a joke when it comes to starpower. All of them combined don't have his starpower. It's no point returning in a year or two when he's even more old and broken down. Now was the time because his character was fresh again and he was a hot heel. He played his role perfectly.

Plus, I hope in a year or two, that there should be less of a need for old stars and that the WWE will have fully established some newer faces and maybe made some big draws. But who knows?

I hope he decides to return soon. Ideally before WM27. That show doesn't look like it has much going for it.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
He might make an appearance in the future but I think his wrestling career is pretty much over, he has nothign else to accomplish and is getting older.

I enjoyed Batista in late 2004, throughtout 2005 and his short feud with The Undertaker, the rest not really.

·
Banned
1,630 Posts
I hope not. He's a worthless piece of garbage. He's useless in the ring, let me add dangerous to that aswell. The only thing he had going for him was his dress sense which added a lot of credibility to the heel run he had.

As above, if he comes back I ONLY want him back as the badass motherfucker.
Talking out of your ass.

Batista is actually pretty good for a guy who is over 300 pounds.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
He got into a fight with Booker T because he was bragging how he got into the main event picture so fast.
His promos consist of the heel actually saying something intelligent, then him beating the shit out of the heel.
His heel promos consist of the face saying something stupid, and him beating the shit out of the face.
He can't act.
He screws up his lines.
He's abused the welness program.
He is awful in the ring.
He shaved his head bald to look cool.
He isin't cool.

After he loses in the first 10 seconds of his MMA match, I hope he jumps off a cliff.

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
What's with people saying Batista is awful in the ring? He's no techical prodigy for sure but he's not awful by any means, most powerhouse wrestlers aren't like Brock Lesnar you know.

I guess the IWC wants everyone to be a Chris Benoit clone. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
What's wrong with JDF doing MMA? It's not like he hasn't been doing martial arts his entire life.

As for whether or not Batista will return, I doubt it. He's done everything now and there's no reason for him to come back. He's fast approaching his expiry date and I'd kind of like him to stay away from WWE and free up a ME spot for one of the young guns.
The Green/*********** ranger was my favorite power ranger.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
What's with people saying Batista is awful in the ring? He's no techical prodigy for sure but he's not awful by any means, most powerhouse wrestlers aren't like Brock Lesnar you know.

I guess the IWC wants everyone to be a Chris Benoit clone. :rolleyes:
I think when he botched the BATISTA bomb for the 10th time people started to catch on he was no Dynamo Kid.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Batista is pretty damn good tbh. For the first half of 2010 he was untouchable in terms of workrate and promos. The guy was trained by the best.

He wasnt the next Dean Malenko, but he didnt have to be. He was solid enough in the ring for a guy that big, and he played his character perfectly.

·
"The Sex Tornado"
2,260 Posts
Batista is pretty damn good tbh. For the first half of 2010 he was untouchable in terms of workrate and promos. The guy was trained by the best.

He wasnt the next Dean Malenko, but he didnt have to be. He was solid enough in the ring for a guy that big, and he played his character perfectly.
It's funny how people forget how good he was in 2005, 2007-2009 and how nearly 75%-80% of the people on here became a Batista fan when he turned heel. I agree with everything you said. He was no technical masterpiece in the ring but he put on a damn good match when he needed to (in 2007 he won Feud of the Year with the Undertaker in tons of polls on the internet and in magazines and I could tell you now it was not because of the "storyline" around it).

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
Batista is pretty damn good tbh. For the first half of 2010 he was untouchable in terms of workrate and promos.
Come on man, CM Punk, Jericho, HBK even the Miz say hello.

I love Big Dave too but that statement is madness.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
What's wrong with JDF doing MMA? It's not like he hasn't been doing martial arts his entire life.

As for whether or not Batista will return, I doubt it. He's done everything now and there's no reason for him to come back. He's fast approaching his expiry date and I'd kind of like him to stay away from WWE and free up a ME spot for one of the young guns.
JDF is really on the MMA field, the last time I saw a video on Yahoo News about him entering the MMA and made his debut match too. Batista will not going to be good in Strike Force, MMA is not for him. Better come back in WWE and feud with the Nexus!

·
Banned
2,673 Posts
Come on man, CM Punk, Jericho, HBK even the Miz say hello.

I love Big Dave too but that statement is madness.
I'd say he outdid all of them on promos and general outside of the ring antics. Workrate (which I assume means in-ring)? I'd say Shawn Michaels and Jericho outdid him there. But Batista this year was classic outside of the ring. His segments were something to look forward to every week. Overall, he's definitely a highlight for the first half of 2010.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.