Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is about who you preferred cena or batista, both got their mega push around the same time, only batista actually lost and had great storylines that i loved to watch, i personally preferred batista over cena and the fans seemed to as well, i believe if it wasn't for batista being so injury prone he would have been bigger than cena, they both aren't the best wrestlers in the world but could have a good match, batista was also charasmatic and better on the mic than given credit for

with that said, im curious to see who people actually liked more at the time

·
Registered
299 Posts
I always preferred Cena over Batista. I liked them both since that was the era i grew up in. But i watched SD way more then Raw so i mostly saw Cena. But also Batista is not a better wrestler than Cena. and he is not more charasmatic either

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Neither are given the credit they deserve IMO. Batists is not exactly a great wrestler but with the right opponents, he could easily put on excellent matches. John Cena has proved to be a better and more versatile worker so I think he's better. Cena is also more charismatic and better on the mic. I still think Batista is bashed too much for his alleged lack of charisma. Sure, he has plenty of funny memes going from words he's uttered and lines botched but as proved in his final heel run, he can be pretty good on the mic and show plenty of personality. Another issue Batista had is that he was very injury prone and missed out on TWO Wrestlemanias because of injuries. (WM22 and WM25)

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Batista by far. He might have been bad in the ring but he cut good promos, entertaining, and had cool theme music

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I always preferred Cena over Batista. I liked them both since that was the era i grew up in. But i watched SD way more then Raw so i mostly saw Cena. But also Batista is not a better wrestler than Cena. and he is not more charasmatic either
never said he was, i said he is more charismatic than given credit for, and is also better on the mic than given credit for

·
Registered
246 Posts
Cenas a better wrestler, but I prefer Batista.

People don't give Batista the credit that he deserves. Just look back at some of his PPV matches, he really did make some great matches and I never got bored of him.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Ugh. Thats like asking if I like going to the proctologist or the denist better. I guess I'd pick Batista because he is less boring. I totally went to take a piss last night during Cena's promo about how he never gives up and blah blah. I watched it on youtube today and couldnt wait to get back to work.

·
Banned
2,236 Posts
Batista. I preferred his character, his entrance and his general power moves. Plus his slow burn face turn is one of the best storylines WWE have done this century.

He sure could stink it up and botch a lot with the wrong opponent though.

·
Asuka
96,571 Posts
John Cena is better in absolutely every single aspect of the wrestling business, by a landslide. Everything on screen, at least. He's clearly not better at having a backbone and saying "The fuck? I'm not saying this, this is fucking retarded". That might be the only area of wrestling Batista has him beat on.

·
Registered
2,942 Posts
Batista, his last run as heel was of the best in years. Really entertaining. There is nothing worthwhile about cena.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.