Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding his time with WWE when he first started, Batista noted how he worried every day that he was going to get fired.

“I couldn’t get comfortable, people didn’t like me, I was doing something wrong, the company wasn’t going to do anything with me, they didn’t know what to do with me, they didn’t know where I fit in,” said Batista, who still loved wrestling, despite the mental cost. He added, “It was just a very toxic atmosphere. Wrestling is very competitive. It’s very cutthroat. You’re put in a position where you have to posture up all the time, and it’s exhausting. It’s just exhausting.”
Article

·
Registered
#FreeTheAussies
10,349 Posts
Batista didn´t have the mind for Wrestling. He never pitched any ideas, never did anything but what they told him to do.. He lucked in to HHH taking interest in him.
And I say that as a guy who liked Batista.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Backstage politics was probably crazy after the influx of WCW and ECW guys in 2001. Especially with Bradshaw, Buh Buh Ray, Chris Benoit, Hardcore Holly etc protecting their spots. Plus Raw was getting criticised, turnover of writers ratings were dropping, business was down, office staff were let go. Damn lucky he got paired with HHH and Flair.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
14,261 Posts
Batista didn´t have the mind for Wrestling. He never pitched any ideas, never did anything but what they told him to do.. He lucked in to HHH taking interest in him.
And I say that as a guy who liked Batista.
He came in fresh off the invasion and brand split. It was probably a lot to take in with the ecw, wcw, Heyman, Eric, Vince, and other ovw call ups all at once around him. Plus you still had the aol time Warner guys in Hogan, Flair, Steiner, Goldberg, Nash, Hall, Rey, Ultimo Dragoall coming in the company.

Orton getting hurt took him off tv to be picked for evolution. D-Von slopping solo and Triple H not buying into Jindrak for Batista noticed. Cena rapping on a bus and admittedly having Stephanie come up to him and say do it again, you want to do it on tv this week and pushing the gimmick got him noticed.

Brock was a tank who just got it and got Heyman to help him. Shelton lucked out getting Angle early on.

it was probably like walking on eggshells back then for a rookie … Still to this day you got to remember he had Bubba going out his way to stuff him and randy, like Brock had Holly trying to bully him

·
Registered
6,519 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts