Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,398 Posts
I really don't know what Batista match I really care to see in 2019. I know he wants the HHH match. And credit to him, when he's back, no matter how long, he's full time.

If he went to AEW, that would be cool just for the novelty of it. But again, I really don't know who I care to see him face in 2019 now.
Batista vs Mill Meurtes

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Even if he goes to WWE thanks to AEW he can negotiate for more, Vince must be pissed xD

·
Registered
88 Posts
Shit I wish theyd just do Batista vs. The Rock at WrestleMania 35 then Batista vs. Triple H at SummerSlam then have Batista do 1 match on Monday Night RAW & 1 live house show in between his Mania and SummerSlam matches and call it a career

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
He isn't going to go to AEW.

He is only in it for a couple more matches so why would he join a start up? He'll go to WWE so his last match or angle can be against a big star with the match being at Wrestlemania.

He isn't going to come back full time anywhere and have a run for a year or whatever.

Reactions: Mugging of Cena

·
Registered
63 Posts
WWE doesn't deserve him anymore, he should go to AEW instead of returning to the current junk house. Also fans who started watching after he first left in 2010 most certainly DOES NOT DESERVE HIM, they arent worthy to be called wrestling fans to begin with, let WWE rot wit their fan base. Personally considering how bad WWE is now I stick to Lucha Underground now, Mexicans will always have passion for wrestling. But if Batista, Y2J and many of my old favs gonna be in AEW I am all in for it too. Hope Rey does some shows in AEW too and returns to Lucha eventually. Let WWE ratings decline, attendance drop and slowly go down the drain. I doubt AEW can ever be a threat as big as WCW was but if that ever happens it would be the best thing ever !

One more thing HHH vs Batista was a blast in 2005, their HIAC match was one of the greatest thing i ever seen, depth of hardcore wrestling a lost art now, but in 2019 with pg content and considering how bad HHH matches have been post 2014, it will be a disgrace even if it happened again. Regardless I retreat Batista shoulnt go back to the junk house again and should really come up to AEW....

·
Registered
335 Posts
I don't think he'll sign anywhere else other than WWE, but I think for him and for everyone else it would be better to sign with AEW. What else can he do in WWE that he's not done. It's too predictable and they might be some bad blood left between him and the company after his last run.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I don't think he'll sign anywhere else other than WWE, but I think for him and for everyone else it would be better to sign with AEW. What else can he do in WWE that he's not done. It's too predictable and they might be some bad blood left between him and the company after his last run.
What else can he do.. well let me see..Probably Triple H wants his win back from several years ago :tripstroll

·
Registered
5,137 Posts
Batista is 50 and he´s more of an actor than a wrestler now. He´s not signing a full-time contract with anyone. I could see him popping up in AEW to help his buddy Jericho - Not by wrestling, but simply to bring some main stream attention to the promotion.
Batista have one of the lead roles in Guardians of the Galaxy, there´s more value in his name than his wrestling skills.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
While I think there is 0% chance my boy signs with AEW, that picture with Jericho legit just got me mad. Fuck off Chris and let me please get Dave back for a small, brief run.

·
F*** This indy flippy shit
2,244 Posts
Haven’t we seen this movie before.

Billionaire starts a wrestling company, signs a bunch of past their prime wwe wrestlers. Company is run by a fan boy who just wants to be friends with the nwo guys, let’s his buddies run creative, runs company into the shitter.

AEW is looking scarily like WCW part 2. Substitute Billionaire Ted with Billionaire Shad. Substitute nwo fan boy Bischoff with The Elite fan boy Tony Khan. Substitute Hogan and the nwo with Cody and the Elite. Looks like WCW to me.

If I were a wrestler, I’d be extremely leery of signing with a company where clearly it’s all about Cody and his buddies. Giving out exec titles to people with no qualifications other than being Cody’s friends or wife is a major, major red flag.

·
it's a tarp!
5,284 Posts
Batista would be a fantastic catch. Not only for his star power and marque value.

But because he is exactly the kind of guy you could hook up for other projects. Movies, appearances, TV cameos, as promoting DAVE increases their product awareness exponentially.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Haven’t we seen this movie before.

Billionaire starts a wrestling company, signs a bunch of past their prime wwe wrestlers. Company is run by a fan boy who just wants to be friends with the nwo guys, let’s his buddies run creative, runs company into the shitter.

AEW is looking scarily like WCW part 2. Substitute Billionaire Ted with Billionaire Shad. Substitute nwo fan boy Bischoff with The Elite fan boy Tony Khan. Substitute Hogan and the nwo with Cody and the Elite. Looks like WCW to me.

If I were a wrestler, I’d be extremely leery of signing with a company where clearly it’s all about Cody and his buddies. Giving out exec titles to people with no qualifications other than being Cody’s friends or wife is a major, major red flag.
WCW went down under because of the Time Warner Merger. It was an unfortunate casualty and went down with Ted, who crashed and burned. He lost 4/5 of his fortune. If that didn't happen, WCW mismanagement wouldn't have been enough to destroy WCW in the short run and they could have rebounded from it. There are a lot of examples of organizations with incompetent management that still makes profit in sports.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
If he does go to AEW, that is a big blow to WWE. If WWE actually secured him he could still have big matches with the likes of Lesnar, HHH, Orton and Rollins.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts