Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
****Please refrain from making this thread about Batista. Instead, just post whether you agree or not with his statement and why.****

3:00-3:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dMVmLseUM

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I agree with him. Coming from a fan that was a kid in the 80's and a tweener in the 90's, the lack of size, look, and attitude of a lot of these wrestlers now a days really takes away from the product.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
****Please refrain from making this thread about Batista. Instead, just post whether you agree or not with his statement and why.****

3:00-3:50
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7dMVmLseUM

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I agree with him. Coming from a fan that was a kid in the 80's and a tweener in the 90's, the lack of size, look, and attitude of a lot of these wrestlers now a days really takes away from the product.
Jericho took down GOLDBERG. Joey Styles socked JBL in the face and knocked him down. If that tells you anything its that looks and size at most, dont mean crap.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
Jericho took down GOLDBERG. Joey Styles socked JBL in the face and knocked him down. If that tells you anything its that looks and size at most, dont mean crap.
And not to mention Booker banging Batista himself up.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
He's right in that a lot of guys are coming in as lifelong fans rather than ex-NFL players or amateur wrestlers that were moreso seen years back.

I love MMA but Zuffa did a brilliant job on selling the guy who brought it up that 15 minutes in the Octagon is the same thing as a street fight.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It does in theatrics....and wrestling is theatrical fighting, not shoot fighting.

·
Registered
573 Posts
THIS. Even Roger Huerta beat down that guy for socking that chick in the face, who was about 10 inches taller and 200+ pounds heavier than him. MMA fighter or not, that takes balls.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
He's right in that a lot of guys are coming in as lifelong fans rather than ex-NFL players or amateur wrestlers that were moreso seen years back.
I love MMA but Zuffa did a brilliant job on selling the guy who brought it up that 15 minutes in the Octagon is the same thing as a street fight.
Good point...my thoughts exactly.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
It does in theatrics....and wrestling is theatrical fighting, not shoot fighting.
No it only matters to Vince who gets a hard off of big oiled up bodies, and crybabies like Batista whose just pissed because his steroids didn't help him in his fight with Booker.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Batista questioning guys toughness is like Ultimate Warrior questioning somebody's selling ability.

And don't forget about Yoshi Tatsu dropping Sheamus' lobster head.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
The guys nowerdays don't look tough at all and that's half the illusion gone.

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Batista questioning guys toughness is like Ultimate Warrior questioning somebody's selling ability.

And don't forget about Yoshi Tatsu dropping Sheamus' lobster head.
Is that legit?

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I want to know what's the fascination with tough guys? That's stupid. It's 2010, not the ice age. No one needs to prove that they are tough and the best fighter. That's beyond ridiculous.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
you're mixing up tough guys with big guys.

trust me, there's a difference. having a lot of muscle does not make you tough. it makes you strong. too many people continually put them together and just assume the bigger you are, the tougher.

anybody that knows shit about fighting knows that size can play an advantage, but it isn't EVERYTHING. and to say differently is stupid, because its fact. it's been shown, and it's been proven, it's not like every small guy who has ever stepped to someone bigger has lost. tough guys are still around, because they have nothing to do with size and look.

Reactions: 21 - 1
1 - 20 of 29 Posts