Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I feel like the tv from Russo era WCW has actually gotten better with age (probably because of how boring Raw has been for years)

But man...the PPVs back then were the shits. I think Fall Brawl and maybe Slamboree were the only semi good ones WCW had in all of 2000.

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
How can anyone stand listening to Russo in a podcast?

He spews more BS in 30 seconds than Trump and Hilary did in a lifetime.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I just watched this PPV for the first time.

Wow.

The crowd. The swerves. I almost forgot how exciting wrestling used to be.

It's genuinely confusing how modern WWE storylines and TV show philosophies can differ so much from what worked in the past. I understand the corporate shackles involved, but I believe it would be relatively easy to write a better Raw than the current writers.

I assume Vince McMahon, in his old age, has become subconsciously preoccupied with fine-tuning a framework for his successors to work within after he dies, preserving his legacy with a rigidity and formulaic empty template for the current product. Vince probably knows his kids aren't on his level hence he's making the WWE idiot-proof; it'll run itself after he dies.

Hopefully Shane gains full control of SDL and hires Russo, Lane, and whoever else to make a point of difference. The wrestling industry has so much potential to captivate the masses. Bash at the Beach 2000 is a reminder of its potential.

·
Registered
14,605 Posts
I remember the event. The Hogan situation at the event really dealt another nail in the WCW coffin.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Loved having the options to go between WCW & WWE. Now only watch the PPVs as the regular programing is sub par, drab & mind numbingly predictable

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
He spews more BS in 30 seconds than Trump and Hilary did in a lifetime.
Ironically, he tends to his stories unlike Hogan & Bischoff especially on this subject.

- Vic

1 - 8 of 8 Posts