Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...Who are the best wrestlers on the WWE roster? Explain your choice. Here are a few of mine:

Obviously Daniel Bryan has been all he was hyped to be. I'd never heard of him until I joined this forum, and upon looking him up on youtube I was impressed. His in ring work in WWE has been very nice. He's technically flawless and I can't remember seeing him botch.

Same goes for CM Punk. Like Bryan/Danielson, his in ring work is very clean. He's comfortable on the ropes and has a good mat game too. There are really no flaws in his ability that I have seen.

John Morrison. He's so much better than people give him credit for on here. If WWE wasn't so centered on mic work, this dude would be a multi time champion by now. Just look up a JoMo on you tube, and let yourself be amazed.

Undertaker. What can be said that hasn't already been said? Even past his prime he's better than most big men, though of course one has to question if he shouldn't retire in the wake of his recent rash with injuries. Even still, his matches draw you in, he's very good at working a crowd during a match. He also has one of the most complete movesets I've ever seen.

Discuss....

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
based on the last 2 years the top 10 active Wrestlers in the WWE are...

Rey Mysterio
Cm Punk
Daniel Bryan
Cena
Morrison
Swagger
Kaval
Kofi
Christian
Taker

This Is just My Opinion

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Daniel Bryan is the best.

Cena, Taker when he's healthy, ADR, Swagger, Kaval and Ziggler are all good too. Rey is good too but I can't stand his style of wrestling and don't enjoy his matches, but nevertheless. Other than that, I can't really think of anybody that sticks out. Guys like Triple H and Edge have regressed heaps. I may have to give the entire roster another look, but other than what I listed, everybody else seems kinda average. And as big of a fan of his as I am, Punk sucks.

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Ha its just an opinion buddy, youa re not the only to mentino cena, wasn't just at you, when Orton is in the mood he is good, ss 2004 abcks that up, his character doesn't allow him to wrestle much most of the time and bit harsh on Sheamus ha

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Orton can be very good in the ring. Rey is too, back WCW he was one of the best I'd ever seen.

Dolph Ziggler is a top worker. He and Bryan put on some very nice matches with each other. I'd love to see a main event match between those two.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How could I forget Christian? Yes, a great worker. Very clean in the ring.

Also, I know he's not there right now, but Jericho is one of the best.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Pyro™;9122010 said:
Coming from a fan of a pale circus clown...

Cena is a top worker. Orton and Punk are terrible but I didn't call you out for listing them, so don't do it to me.
What is it that makes Punk awful? I haven't watched much WWE in the past few months but I'm genuinely interested in what you think is awful, I really enjoy him in the ring.

·
Asuka
96,358 Posts
Son of a fuck, I forgot Christian. His in ring work is fantastic, one of the absolute best. fpalm That's what an injury does to you I guess.

What is it that makes Punk awful? I haven't watched much WWE in the past few months but I'm generally interested in what you think is awful, I really enjoy him in the ring.
I don't know how to explain it exactly, he just doesn't have a clue how to work WWE's style. I didn't watch much of his ROH work except Punk vs Joe II which was INSANELY boring, so I'll give him a pass as far as the Indies go, but in WWE, I could probably count the amount of good matches he's had on one hand. His execution is fine, he knows how to PERFORM the moves well, he just doesn't know how to structure the match. I'm terrible at trying to explain this shit, but I'm sure somebody's got to know what I mean.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Pyro™;9122155 said:
His execution is fine, he knows how to PERFORM the moves well, he just doesn't know how to structure the match. I'm terrible at trying to explain this shit, but I'm sure somebody's got to know what I mean.
Actually, I do know what you mean, but I can't explain it very well either. Wrestling is about giving a crowd a big payoff, like when heel misses a big elbow drop. The great in ring workers know when to hit the elbow drop, or miss and give the crowd a big moment. That's what I meant about Taker knowing how to work a crowd. It's not all motioning to the crowd and getting them into it. It's about working with your opponents to keep a large crowd of people interested in a fake fight and building up to a big finish.

I haven't really noticed Punk's structure. I thought he had some great matches with Jeff Hardy.

·
Kerser is the sickest.
1,506 Posts
Son of a fuck, I forgot Christian. His in ring work is fantastic, one of the absolute best. fpalm That's what an injury does to you I guess.

I don't know how to explain it exactly, he just doesn't have a clue how to work WWE's style. I didn't watch much of his ROH work except Punk vs Joe II which was INSANELY boring, so I'll give him a pass as far as the Indies go, but in WWE, I could probably count the amount of good matches he's had on one hand. His execution is fine, he knows how to PERFORM the moves well, he just doesn't know how to structure the match. I'm terrible at trying to explain this shit, but I'm sure somebody's got to know what I mean.
Yeah, I do understand what you mean and you explaining it does make me realise that. I really enjoy his moveset and he can perform all the moves fine, but stringing the match together, or structuring it, he probably isn't the best at. The matches can come off almost messy.

·
2,775 Posts
Daniel Bryan. He can work with a fucking cardboard box and make it MOTN. He's just that good. Other notable mentions have to go out to Christian, Rey, CM Punk, Kaval, Swagger, Jericho, Taker, Ziggler and Morrison, as they're all talented in the ring also.

·
Premium Member
23,217 Posts
Don't think that applies to Punk at all.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Awesome, see this is he type of discussion I really enjoy. I don't care about promos, I often change the channel when a bunch of talking is going on. That's not to say I don't like promos, I'm just not big on them. I like wrestling, and that's what I judge the roster by.

HHH is limited somewhat talent wise, but he makes up for it with great ring psychology. He usually works a really good match. Orton too.

That's why I still cannot imagine why guys like Christian and Shelton Benjamin were not pushed to the top. Can you imagine them in a main event setting? I know Christian still has time, but I think it's been a waste even if he get a title run now. From a fan's standpoint at least, he should a DVD full of main event matches by now.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Honestly, it's too many to list...but i think these are the ones who stand out the most to me.

1. Rey Mysterio - He's an amazing talent, granted i don't like how he's booked like a Superman but i can't remember the last time he's had a bad match with anyone, his series with Chris Jericho in IC title program last year were a classic in my opinion.

2. Shawn Michaels - Shawn Michaels is one of the greatest performers in WWE i think. He can make anyone look good and he can put two classic matches in two WMs in a row, that says a lot about how great he is. He's just that great.

3. Daniel Bryan - I honestly didn't get all the hype around him when he was on NXT, i think his NXT matches sucked. But he turned my opinion around when he returned at SummerSlam as surprise team WWE member this year, his back and forth action with Heath Slater was very entertaining and since then he's had great matches with anyone (including Miz whom i find mediocre in the ring).

4. John Morrison - One of the most exciting wrestler to watch in the ring, he can have a great match with anyone with different styles, which is something you don't find often in a wrestler. I don't get how some people call him a spot monkey, he's a high-flyer, he's supposed to pull of high-flying moves and he's very good at that. And he actually can go technical, heck, i found his submission moves in triple threat US title match at HiAC this year were more innovative than Bryan's.

5. Jeff Hardy - Hardy was fantastic in his last two years run in WWE, he's had countless good matches with anyone, he might not be the most technical wrestler but his daredevil style is what makes him an unique in the first place as a wrestler, so i don't get all the hate directed towards his in-ring work because not everyone shares the same taste. I love his matches with Edge and also his match with John Morrison for the world title in that one Smackdown episode was great. He also had one memorable TLC match with CM Punk which was truly helping Punk to get over big time.

6. John Cena - I think he's a very good performer, Cena is always motivated, he is also very fluid in the ring and always has a great match with a great crowd reaction. Say what you will about his "5 Moves of Doom", i personally still think he has one the most exciting movesets in the roster :p. His Last Man Standing match with Edge last year at Backlash was freaking awesome imo. Cena is kinda underrated over here in my opinion.

7. Chris Jericho - I always enjoy Chris Jericho match, his ladder match with Shawn Michaels last year was fantastic, and i also enjoy his series with Evan Bourne and John Morrison this year, they're all very good.

8. Dolph Ziggler - He's always been good in-ring worker but this year he's shown his full potential, he's brought the best out of nearly every wrestler he's faced including Edge who has sucked for the most part this year.

9. Christian - He might never be a world champion but i think he's a very good wrestler, he can have a good match with anyone, i enjoy his ECW run, he truly helped a lot of young wrestlers there to bring their A game in their matches. His matches with Zack Ryder and Jack Swagger deserve more appreciation imo, a truly great stuff from Christian.

1 - 20 of 134 Posts