Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mean things are pretty horrible
Can you imagine how bad it would be if it was 14 or Mature rating?
The writing and booking would be frustrating and cringeworthy week after week like it is now but even worse
I listen to alot of comedians, clean and dirty, do you notice how more respectable a comedian is that actually has funny jokes and humor as opposed to the ones that basically use profanity and vulgarity as their punchlines?
It's weak, it's not funny and really the more it's used the less powerful it is

The bottom line is: Good Writing > Any kind of rating you can come up with.

I know guys like Austin might say they couldn't do their act in PG, but he's too talented, he would find a way.

· 私を貴方の目&#
1,023 Posts
You do have a point when it comes to comedians. Clean comedians are a lot funnier than profanity and vulgar laced comedians. I actually don't mind the PG rating. I just want to be entertained and last raw had like 10 minutes of wrestling and the rest promo's or announcements. Not exactly what I call entertaining.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
Tim Reid once said,
"Comedians rely too much on cursing; we have a lot more comics than we ever had and a lot less humor."

I agree. A simple rating wouldn't make a show better. And doesn't make a show worse.
Look at all the shows that are rated PG yet still written very well.
Terrible writing is terrible writing.

Reactions: RawIsWiz28

· Registered
820 Posts
I don't have a problem with the rating itself, I mean sure, I wish they had more freedom to curse and get extreme, but the real problem is the content itself. You can tone down your product a little without having it revolve around stupid, bland characters and toilet jokes. Wrestling needs to be badass and unpredictable in my opinion, or it falls flat and as is it right now, comes off as a childrens show.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
I mean things are pretty horrible
Can you imagine how bad it would be if it was 14 or Mature rating?
The writing and booking would be frustrating and cringeworthy week after week like it is now but even worse
I listen to alot of comedians, clean and dirty, do you notice how more respectable a comedian is that actually has funny jokes and humor as opposed to the ones that basically use profanity and vulgarity as their punchlines?
It's weak, it's not funny and really the more it's used the less powerful it is

The bottom line is: Good Writing > Any kind of rating you can come up with.

I know guys like Austin might say they couldn't do their act in PG, but he's too talented, he would find a way.
I think this might answer your question
Raw hits a 3.9 rating on Rock expectations

Raw did a 3.9 rating last Monday, higher than even internal company expectations. The show did a 3.85 first hour with 5.892 million viewers and a 3.85 second hour with 5.820 million. It did a 2.53 in persons 18-to-49, a 3.57 in males 18-to-49 and 5.9 million viewers on average. That's up nearly a million viewers from the average of many of the recent shows. The rating, obviously, was drawn off expectations that Rock was going to be there, based on his speech the week before where he promised he'd never leave again

· Registered
868 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.