Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,070 Posts
WWE doesn't care about investing too much creative effort into anything other than the main or top two programs on Raw. I still can't believe they didn't even try to make Smackdown hot this RTWM.

·
Registered
5,613 Posts
They are just lazy as usual to come up with credible storylines that do not concern HHH-Cena-Brock, WWE title and WHC.

Also Vince Russo has described the situation very well and that is today the creativity can't flow well when you have far to many people who decide the creative direction of the show.

Far to many restrictions there to make anything good besides few storylines. Also as we all know today they play it far to safe.

If the term that was used "controversy creates cash" back in the day worked pretty well today it's mostly nonexistent because they just won't make any unsafe money.

·
Banned
3,134 Posts
All I gotta say is...we didn't have these kind of problems in the Attitude Era....just saying.

·
tombstone blues
14,293 Posts
card is weak from top to bottom with very few exceptions (sheamus, daniel bryan, punk, jericho are the only reasons i watch WWE anymore)

no compelling storylines for anyone but the top of the card and then half the time those storylines show a serious lack of effort on the part of the creative team as well

lack of coherent storylines inside the ring (a match is much a story as anything else!) except again when guys like punk or bryan are involved.

no reason to care about anyone but a few people (don't wanna just keep repeating sheamus bryan punk jericho but yeah)

personalities are not distinct or deep

it just goes on and on but it comes back to bad character development, bad writing, lack of developing talent's wrestling ability or ability to cut a promo or do anything storyline-related

this isn't a raw in particular problem it's a problem shot through all of WWE

·
Premium Member
15,187 Posts
All I gotta say is...we didn't have these kind of problems in the Attitude Era....just saying.
Reason why is because WWE took the time to focus on more than 2-4 guys on the roster. They actually had something for everybody on the roster.

And a big reason you didn't have those kind of problems in the AE is because of Vince Russo.

Every era had it's problems, you are just one of the few who chose to ignore the, somewhat minor, problems that the AE had.

·
Registered
829 Posts
The mid-card is non existent.
Only guys that matter are Brock, Cena, Punk, Orton (maybe D-Bryan) >> everyone else.
Divas Division is a joke.
Tag teams? L.O.L
Cruiser weight division is dead.
WWE is filled with jobbers.
Creative needs to be fired.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
I think it's unfair to say the rest of the card sucks, it may not be as good as the main event stuff but it by no means sucks.

·
Premium Member
15,187 Posts
Also, another big reason why RAW "sucks" is no competition. People praise the AE so much, but they had to stay on their toes because they were in a battle with Nitro. No competition so creative is slacking and doesn't have the drive to give people what they want. They might look at it as if people want their wrestling fix on Monday nights, they have to watch WWE. That's why so many fans have tuned out. We're given that option and many chose not to watch wrestling, period.

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
i think its good and for everybody saying there isnt a midcard your wrong they got ziggler,clay,swagger,tensai ect. They just don't know how to make the mid card titles seem relevant which is just stupid...swear if i was apart of the creative id make this a 5 star show lol

·
Banned
1,928 Posts
The rest of the programme is wonderful. If anything, Lesnar drags the entire thing down.

His "promos" (if we can call them that) are fucking pathetic and destroy the entire episode of RAW.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
WWE refuses to put their midcard in decent storylines and then wonders why no one tunes in to see them. They never get to cut interesting promos or do interesting things. They just wrestle, wrestle, wrestle, wrestle, cut a short generic promo in the ring, cut a unfunny promo backstage in that same boring backstage area they always use and slap a belt on them and never ever have them defend it but once every other month.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Another reason why the product sucks right now compared to the Attitude Era.

I wish they'd bring back the hardcore title so they could give some of the lower card something interesting to do.

They need to build up the importance of the U.S. championship and give some mid card guys some entertaining storylines/feuds.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts