Wrestling Forum banner

Barrett's Wasteland to Big Show

5857 Views 47 Replies 42 Participants Last post by  CharlieSheen
Pretty impressive. Just like Booker said after it happened, I wasn't sure if Wade was going to get him up for it...especially after the incident where he dropped Mark Henry on his head lol.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

· Registered
861 Posts
Very impressive the way he got him up. Not so impressed about the way he put him down. That said, if he went for the swing, it probably wou;d've turned into a Samoan drop!

· Read Only
11,551 Posts
Yeah, I was surprised he pulled that off. Barrett looks like a legit tough/strong guy, but doesn't really look like a bodybuilder dude (Cena, Lashley, Lesnar). It was awesome though.

Oh, and MAN, that Wasteland to Henry was just sick.

· Registered
7,074 Posts
Getting him up there and being able to hold him was impressive. The drop wasn't so good, but really you can't have Barrett doing the full "pull back then slam" thing on someone like Big Show or he'd have toppled over backwards.

It was impressive enough that he could pull it off in any way at all.

· Anti-Hero
11,509 Posts
The move is impressive that is true. However, I wonder about the wisdom in having Barrett perform it on exceptionally large men like Show and Henry. There are better ways to get Wade over without risking your other athletes. Especially after the Henry incident.
I also dislike how weak Big Show has looked against the Corre. I know, its been done before and Show has always managed to remain popular regardless. I just think that they should have built the whole thing up more. Instead of having Zeke just come out and slam him on SD every other week, make it a big deal on PPV, watching Zeke and the rest of the Corre manhandle a giant like that. Too late now though. C'est La Vie.

· Registered
1,849 Posts
I didn't watch SD! but holy shit, if Henry nearly broke Wade's back I can't imagine how it must have hurt lifting Big Show. I'm pretty shocked their actually letting Barret lift these big guys unlike the much more stockier guys like Cena, Lashley and Lesnar.

· Registered
865 Posts
This to me, proves that Mark Henry was the main cause of that Wasteland looking bad back then.

Anyways whilst I was impressed that he could lift Big Show, I feel this shows why Barrett needs a new finisher and should relegate Wasteland to being a secondary finisher he uses on smaller to medium sized opponents. Something like the pedigree that requires no lifting but looks like an impressive power move. I feel ppl should have more than one finishing move.

· Registered
1,684 Posts
shame it's such a shit looking move.

kudos for the strength to do it though

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.