Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 117 Posts

·
The Man
15,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I did enjoy the match at TLC, even with that pretty stupid ending (how were those chairs falling on Barrett supposed to hurt? He was safe under that trolley thing!) I can't help but see how far Nexus has fallen. What went into SummerSlam as a red hot feud has slowly fizzled out into an utter joke, and Barrett getting more or less destroyed in the dreaded Chairs match pretty much sums the whole thing up.

So basically, where does he go from here? I honestly think they should take Nexus out back and put it out of it's misery. We're down to Barrett and Gabriel here really; McGuillicutty and Wendy are jokes and Husky isn't very intimidating. It doesn't help that they've gone from a dominant stable to getting crushed week in and week out. I assume they'll keep Nexus around for the Royal Rumble and maybe even face Undertaker at Wrestlemania, but how are we supposed to buy into that? Cena has beaten up every Nexus member multiple times; are we supposed to really believe that Undertaker can't with even greater ease?

Or maybe Otunga will come back leading the anti-Nexus in Young, Skip, and Tarver. I think this is also a likely scenario, as none of those guys are doing anything, and although I didn't expect guys like Young or Tarver to have any direction after this storyline, Otunga was at least built up like they wanted him to go somewhere.

So basically my question is, after Barrett's momentum was crushed once and for all at TLC, what do they have next for Nexus? Are they really going to drag this out Cena feud some more until Royal Rumble, or do they have something else in mind?

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I could care less just keep Wade Barrett as far from the WWE Title as they can.

But yeah I usually don't use this word, but the Nexus was buried tonight.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
The best thing to do would be to just call time of death on Nexus. I mean, they're done. Cena destroyed all of them. The group officially has no heat whatsoever.

It's time for them to go their separate ways. Maybe Barrett takes a few weeks off and resurfaces at the Rumble. Personally I think a move to SmackDown would be wise; they need another major star and the roster is less top heavy. Plus, he seems to be Taker's likely opponent at WrestleMania.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Have to admit for a feud that lasted that long, it was hella epic. Cenas toughest opponent to date but he prevailed.

·
STOCKING STUFFER
3,497 Posts
Relax. It went on long enough no?

The will probably split and do a nexus vs nexus angle for a while, perhaps all the way into WM. They have lots of options for them, all they have done so far is feud with Cena.

·
So good they named it thrice
6,336 Posts
Just a heads up, spoiler in the title for viewers from Europe who haven't watched yet.

I haven't watched yet, but will watch soon. Haven't read the TC's post yet, will comment later :D

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
this was very shit booking. Here you have the best newcomer heel in a long time and you build him up well then have him quite literally buried. Good job vince

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,846 Posts
There are a few different ways this could still go.

Namely, they could bring Otunga back and have him either lead an anti-Nexus Nexus or have him usurp Barrett's position and lead the remnants of Nexus. Doesn't sound terribly enticing, but it would at least make some sense based on the subplot of the past few months.

Or, Nexus is D-E-A-D and shall be scattered to the four winds. They all take a few weeks off and are reintroduced as their own selves on WWE television, with the higher-profile figures claiming that they will win The Royal Rumble.

Also, just because it looks like Cena/Nexus is completely, wholly finished off, well... Not saying this is where they're going and honestly after what they've had Cena do to Nexus I don't think it's the right strategy, but they could continue Cena/Barrett just as they continued Austin/Triple H even after Austin dropped Triple H down in a car at Survivor Series 2000. Just saying.

What I don't like about the storyline is this: it undercuts the entire summertime plot. Cena claimed that he needed a team with which he could combat Nexus. They had to stand together. Well, in the past month Cena has hunted down Nexus members like he's The Predator in Central America, going after them one-by-one until he finally got Barrett and destroyed him, too. Oh, and he "buried" him, of course. Makes that whole summertime build-up seem kind of pointless now. As well as all of the unanswered questions like, The Bigger Picture and all that jazz, as if they ever had the slightest clue themselves (hint: they didn't).

Then there's the gaping holes left. Nexus buries The Undertaker, Otunga wants to spill the beans on why they did it, Barrett tells him to shut up, and... two months later the group's destroyed? Not the best planning there, if that's where we're headed with this.

The biggest problem with continuing Cena/Nexus or Cena/Barrett now is they gave away the dessert, so what's the point with going any further with more build-up?

Why did they go in this direction immediately following Survivor Series? How could they so easily take something that was legitimately compelling as an angle only 28 days ago and systematically take a wrecking ball to it?

Oh well.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Nexus isn't over yet, but it's the beginning of the end.

In my opinion, TLC was the end of Nexus as a single unit and a force to be reckoned with. After months of talking about it, John Cena finally did what he said he would do - take every single member of Nexus down, one by one, all on his own. And he did just that last night.

Everything going forward from now untill April will be about their break-up. I can see all 6 members competing against each other in the Royal Rumble, and costing Wade Barrett a title shot @ Elimination Chamber, before ending once and for all @ WrestleMania XXVII. The whole thing will be similar to Legacy's split this past year.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Nexus/Cena storyline has slowly run its course anyway so it's a good call to 'bury' Nexus in order to ending their rivalry, and let's not forget that we know how good Barrett is on the mic, it will be no problem for him to gain his heat back, all he needs is just a mic time. I personally would have loved to see them extend this storyline and keep it fresh until Mania because i know WWE can do it, but they seemingly had decided to ending it at TLC so yeah, nothing else can be done. I'm sure Cena will win Royal Rumble and Nexus will inevitably face Taker now (and i still believe it's the bigger picture, to break Taker's WM streak, there's nothing more important than the streak), as usual Nexus will play strength in numbers game to make themselves look strong and with the help from Barret's mic work they can look powerful and look like a threat again all of sudden to make sure that Taker's streak in danger (we know Taker is gonna win anyway), then we can expect Barrett vs. Taker or Nexus vs BoD at WM. I'm not sure about the anti-Nexus thingy because Tarver, Sheffield, and Young are about as irrelevant as they are, without Cena backing them up i don't see any of them returning anytime soon, if at all.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Cena did pretty much destroy Nexus at the PPV...but I still figure they might stick around until Mania or something. I really hope they don't continue this feud with Cena though because it's incredibly boring at this point and he's managed to take them all out single handedly.

1 - 20 of 117 Posts