Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to post this in a thread about Baron Corbin's recent troubles, but I didn't see recent threads about it and wanted to get my opinion out there. We are all familiar with Corbin's perception. Pushed too hard based on his height, lacking in mic skills and in ring work. Believe what you want, this isn't about bashing Corbin. This is another example of WWE getting a new toy, and playing with it for a while, until falling out of love and discarding it.

WWE gave him the Andre the Giant Battle Royal win. They gave him plenty of air time on Smackdown, and was well protected. They put him with guys like AJ Styles. They give him the Money in the Bank contract. They even gave him a match with Cena at Summer Slam, which in hindsight probably wasn't good for anybody. After playing with one of their favorite toys, they find a reason not to like him, and now the plug has been pulled. Baron Corbin's stock tanked almost overnight, leading to an underwhelming showing at Summer Slam.

This does not surprise me. This is what WWE does. Look at Rusev. They came in hot, super Russian monster heel, the flag, the theatrics. And it was great. But then they found a reason not to like him, and that was the beginning of the end. At least Rusev had the talent to back up his push at the time. Compared to Baron Corbin, Rusev is Kenny Omega. A humorous comparison.

So what happens after they protected Corbin for so long? The honeymoon ends. Between his negatively received actions online, and likely the disapproval of living legend John Cena, (and I mean that with sincerity and respect) Corbin went from near the top, to falling off his perch, and now we don't know how far he will fall.

Where does Corbin go from here? I really don't know. I wasn't a fan of the way they were pushing him, although I am somewhat a fan of the character. I hold no ill will to Baron Corbin the person, and I wish him success in wrestling. We've seen it happen to Rusev, others have suffered as well, although it doesn't play out the same way every time. All I ask is that WWE rethinks this style of booking. It damages the wrestlers by making it harder for the audience to connect to the characters, because they are perceived as "being crammed down our throats." Is there anyone else on the roster right now that you can think of who will be another victim of this mentality? Is Shinsuke Nakamura still in the early stages? Will Big Cass be next?

I do want to highlight that this is speculation from my point of view. I'm not backstage at WWE, I don't know what these guys are like day to day. That's something we all should remember when questioning WWE's idiocy. Maybe there's a reason some guys just don't make it. Looking back at Ryback, maybe it was his fault he didn't go further. Just being subjective.

·
Banned
761 Posts
Vince is a Zionist collaboration and Corbin offended a ZOG troop. That's why Corbin was de-pushed.

Interestingly enough, DHS classifies all vets as "terrorists". Which means everyone who our Zionist occupied government sends to go fight wars for Israel, get's classified as a "terrorist" when they come back by that same government.

·
Stomping Scrawny Vanilla Midgetesses
4,302 Posts
To me, Corbin is an example of Cena at his worst derailing someone's push in the same way we've known for years.

Reactions: Eva MaRIHyse

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
You Baron Corbin marks need to calm down. He never deserved being in such a position in the first place. He Won the Andre the giant battle royal in his first match on the main roster and was given MitB and given a match against the top face of the decade at the second biggest ppv of the year. He dropped the ball all on his own. He got far more than he deserved to begin with. Cena was right about him. Sorry smarks.

·
Premium Member
5,302 Posts
Maybe he was never good enough to be put in this position in the first place? WWE are going to have its favourite toys, you can't have all toys be your favourites and sometimes one toy is going to be out of favour. Its a problem when its a really good toy, but its Baron fucking Corbin a toy WWE only thought was great because it was all big and shiny. Well, they finally realized that that big and shiny toy ain't fun so they rightly discarded it.

·
Premium Member
394 Posts
It was fine for him to lose the money in the bank contract. It makes the cash-ins more unpredictable. He wasn't ready to run the show like a world champion should be able to. Plus not enough people are invested in him. I just thought it was completely unnecessary for Cena to roast Corbin on the mic like that. Make him look like a fool and then whoop his ass badly in Corbin's "revenge" match.

And as a Bray Wyatt fan I am all too familar with talent getting pushed up and then shoved back down.

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
Vince is a Zionist collaboration and Corbin offended a ZOG troop. That's why Corbin was de-pushed.

Interestingly enough, DHS classifies all vets as "terrorists". Which means everyone who our Zionist occupied government sends to go fight wars for Israel, get's classified as a "terrorist" when they come back by that same government.

Reactions: Lil Mark

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
It was fine for him to lose the money in the bank contract. It makes the cash-ins more unpredictable. He wasn't ready to run the show like a world champion should be able to. Plus not enough people are invested in him. I just thought it was completely unnecessary for Cena to roast Corbin on the mic like that. Make him look like a fool and then whoop his ass badly in Corbin's "revenge" match.

And as a Bray Wyatt fan I am all too familar with talent getting pushed up and then shoved back down.
There's nothing wrong with what cena did. wrestling fans these days are so soft. Triple H and Punk went in on each other too, it made for great tv. Cena and Miz battled on the Mic. It's not Cena fault that Corbin was too witless to defend himself.

·
Registered
8,720 Posts
Nah he just self destruct being all cocky, maybe if he had shut his mouth he would still have that briefcase.

·
Registered
252 Posts
They do this elevation so later they can put the guy on side for a few years and then give another little elevation and then bury them, it's the future jobber routine.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts