Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some kind soul has upped the entire BBB RF shoot onto youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l1BnYa0EGw

These things tend to get taken down quickly so who knows how long it'll be there, the whole thing is 3 hours, im currently half-way through and its good stuff, some funny stories about shitting in Japan and mad Luna Vachon, have seen clips of him burying the Kliq and Russo too, Bam comes across as a real nice down to earth guy happy to tell a few stories.
Maybe not as good as the Bad News Brown rf shoot (a personal fave, recommended if you haven't seen it) but good stuff anyway.

RIP Bam.

*ps -should mention the audio is a little annoying, you can hear Bam fine but the interviewer doesnt seem to be mic'd up, bit annoying as you cant hear all his questions.

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
Not a RF Video shoot but I recall seeing a clip with him speaking on The Kliq.

He gave the impression that Kevin Nash wasn't a bad guy when he was away from Shawn. I even remember him talking about Shawn going on a crusade to drive Candido out of WWE and ruin his career. If I'm not mistaken, Bam Bam even spoke about what appeared to be a suicide not left behind by Chris. HBK really tried to ruin the mans career and life as well.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,099 Posts

He gave the impression that Kevin Nash wasn't a bad guy when he was away from Shawn. I even remember him talking about Shawn going on a crusade to drive Candido out of WWE and ruin his career. If I'm not mistaken, Bam Bam even spoke about what appeared to be a suicide not left behind by Chris. HBK really tried to ruin the mans career and life as well.
Was this before or after Shawn "saw the light"?

·
Registered
9,861 Posts

Shane Douglas said the same thing.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

He talks about that suicide note in this one too, says the kliq were all assholes at the time but he doesnt hold bad feelings, he just hated seeing them gleefully fuck with guys careers, Bam was real tight with Candido and Shane Douglas so he knew he was next on their shitlist which is why he left soon after wrestling LT at mania.
Said it was the kilqs idea in turning him face after that match when he felt he wouldve got a lot more mileage out of staying heel after the big loss, this is why he left soon as his contract was up.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
He talks about that suicide note in this one too, says the kliq were all assholes at the time but he doesnt hold bad feelings, he just hated seeing them gleefully fuck with guys careers, Bam was real tight with Candido and Shane Douglas so he knew he was next on their shitlist which is why he left soon after wrestling LT at mania.
Said it was the kilqs idea in turning him face after that match when he felt he wouldve got a lot more mileage out of staying heel after the big loss, this is why he left soon as his contract was up.
Fucking shame that they messed with Bam Bam - if he'd stayed heel in 1995, he could've been a great main event heel, competing with Bret Hart (who he had great matches with 1993), Shawn Michaels and Razor Ramon. Bigelow could've even had a decent match with Diesel, I think, as he was big enough to convincingly compete with him.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Fucking derp!
I just realized this isnt an RF shoot as stated in op but the very one Trouble Trouble is referring to, I must have assumed it was Feinstein since i couldn't hear him,similar style anyway, my bad, really good interview anyway.

also, thanks TT, i was curious what year it was from, 02 makes a lot of sense given how he talks about the business.

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
Yeah, the entire Triple Threat got a raw deal in WWE, especially Bam Bam, who started back in the 80s.

Also, all 3 were pretty whacked out on drugs. Bam Bam went missing for quite some time, wrecked his motorcycle that killed his lady friend and he eventually passed away. Candido managed to get clean and fell victim to an infection when he broke his leg, which was totally sad. And Shane is just so butthurt about how he was supposedly treated in WWE but seems to forget how he later treated people in ECW.

IMO, ECW was the only company that knew how to properly use Bam Bam. They made him a monster from the jump and kept him in some rather big angles. WCW had the right idea with the Goldberg feud but after that, they dropped the ball. Bam Bam should go down easily as 1 of the top 5 big men of all time.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,099 Posts
Yeah, the entire Triple Threat got a raw deal in WWE, especially Bam Bam, who started back in the 80s.

Also, all 3 were pretty whacked out on drugs. Bam Bam went missing for quite some time, wrecked his motorcycle that killed his lady friend and he eventually passed away. Candido managed to get clean and fell victim to an infection when he broke his leg, which was totally sad. And Shane is just so butthurt about how he was supposedly treated in WWE but seems to forget how he later treated people in ECW.

IMO, ECW was the only company that knew how to properly use Bam Bam. They made him a monster from the jump and kept him in some rather big angles. WCW had the right idea with the Goldberg feud but after that, they dropped the ball. Bam Bam should go down easily as 1 of the top 5 big men of all time.
I would argue that Memphis got Bam Bam right as well using him as a monster who squashed everyone including Lawler until the King found a weakness. Just more proof that Memphis was the best territory in the world, aside from lousey payouts. Aside from that I agree with everything you posted, top five for sure!

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
In his 1995 timeline shoot Nash praises Bam Bam, says he's one of the best big guys ever in the ring, i.e. very athletic and quick. He doesn't say much about Candido (acts like he doesn't remember him well) and says Douglas was a very smart guy and he could get along with him, but was a bit of a diva at times and rude. A lot of guys say Nash is a really nice, chill, dude but when he was with the Kliq he became a cocky prick. He claims Bam Bam should have been used better but I bet the Kliq had something to do with how he was used.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I would argue that Memphis got Bam Bam right as well using him as a monster who squashed everyone including Lawler until the King found a weakness. Just more proof that Memphis was the best territory in the world, aside from lousey payouts. Aside from that I agree with everything you posted, top five for sure!
Yep, Bam heavily praises Lawler in the interview and his booking, you could also argue he was booked well in Japan too, speaks loads about that, gives lots of props to Tenyru.
Definitely agree with top 5 big men, also didnt know he was the one who pretty much groomed Vader and taught him to work (although here he frequently refers to him as a pain in the ass).

But yeah, his ECW run is probably my favourite, Paul E was probably the best booker in the world at the time and knew exactly how to present an awesome big man worker like Bam.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts

The thing is everyone else who has spoken from that era has said Bam Bam Bigelow was promised a babyface run if he lost to Lawrence Taylor. Why would The Clique want to turn Bam Bam Bigelow babyface when all of them outside of Triple H were babyfaces from WrestleMania 11 onwards. I liked Bam Bam Bigelow and thought he was a great big man wrestler but he simply didn't get over as a babyface as he had gone down the smiley, happy babyface who high fived the fans on his way down to the ring after being a monster, loner heel and his WWE career nose dived soon after.

I couldn't have put that middle part any better if i tried and i have said many times that a lot of people seem to blame The Clique for their own failings with some people even talking about times of incidents that didn't match up with the dates they were saying. Shane Douglas was always keeping himself at the top in ECW throughout his run there and treated people terribly whilst Chris Candido always made out that he stood up to The Clique is ever needed so that doesn't match up with the story about him being driven to the brink of suicide by the group..

Bam Bam Bigelow, Shane Douglas and Chris Candido are all known to have had drug problems which would have curtailed the pushes they believe they were entitled to whilst in WWE and the only people with drug problems who were ever pushed were Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall who had the fortune to be two of the greatest all round in ring performers of all time. In between 1994 and 1996 when The Clique were at their said worst the top stars and best all round in ring performers in the company were Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall so with three of The Clique being in the top five in WWE it was no surprise they were pushed and at the top of the card.

·
Ceramic Wizard Bong
3,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I couldn't have put that middle part any better if i tried and i have said many times that a lot of people seem to blame The Clique for their own failings with some people even talking about times of incidents that didn't match up with the dates they were saying. Shane Douglas was always keeping himself at the top in ECW throughout his run there and treated people terribly whilst Chris Candido always made out that he stood up to The Clique is ever needed so that doesn't match up with the story about him being driven to the brink of suicide by the group..

Bam Bam Bigelow, Shane Douglas and Chris Candido are all known to have had drug problems which would have curtailed the pushes they believe they were entitled to whilst in WWE and the only people with drug problems who were ever pushed were Shawn Michaels and Scott Hall who had the fortune to be two of the greatest all round in ring performers of all time. In between 1994 and 1996 when The Clique were at their said worst the top stars and best all round in ring performers in the company were Shawn Michaels, Bret Hart, The Undertaker, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall so with three of The Clique being in the top five in WWE it was no surprise they were pushed and at the top of the card.
Good post.
I find watching a lot of these shoots of simliar events from different wrestlers perspective that the truth probably lies somewhere in the middle, its like the movie Rashomon.
To be fair Bam does answer a lot of those acusations in the interview though naturally he waves them off and denies any wrongdoing, he denies the idea that Triple Threat were the Kliq of ECW by virtue of the fact that they were always happy to put guys over, although he doesnt deny they were partying heavily together but says the angle was killed beacause Paul E didnt want powerful tight group of topguys in the lockeroom.
Only person he says he had problems with is Tazz beacause of his 'what are you gonna do for me?' attitude which is why they never put eachother over, just put each other through the ring or the ramp. He claims he loved putting over little guys like Mikey and Spike, as well as RVD for the tv title as Bam says he never wanted any titles anywhere ("too much extra weight in my bag"), though he does claim to have somehow groomed almost every second guy mentioned in the whole interview.

Anyway I finally just finished watching all of this, really good interview if youre into this type of thing, went and watched a few old Bam matches as a result.
Also, Id always though his match with Kimo Leopoldo was a genuine shoot, not so, says that whole card was a work, dont know if that was common knowledge but it looked real.

·
Premium Member
14,965 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, there were 3 little "cliques" in ECW: The Triple Threat, Heyman's crew and Tod Gordon's crew. Never heard about anybody refusing to do jobs but a few instances stand out with Shane Douglas being totally unprofessional.

Remember Kareem, the fat black guy who broke his leg in his ECW debut (and never wrestled again)? It was Shane's idea for him to do a high risk move, despite not having practiced it before hand. Also, if you watch the clip, Shane actually rolls the opponent further across the ring, making it virtually impossible for a guy like Kareem, big with no aerial ability, to reach him.

Also, I heard that Shane & Sandman didn't really get along in ECW. Something about Sandman being pissed at Shane because he disrespected his gimmick by picking up his cane and throwing it down. But yeah, they even had a backstage fight, that Sandman likely won.

Candido just got the short end of the straw. He got in the business very young (14) and was easily manipulated by his girlfriend, who basically ruined his professional life. If he could have let her go, his career would have lasted a lot longer in the big leagues, seeing as how she was a big part of him quitting WWE and leaving WCW years later.

So in all, I really felt bad for Candido and Bam Bam to an extent. Sure, they were on drugs but the people they were associated with did a lot in fucking up their careers. Shane, not so much, as I blame him for most, if not, all the shit that happened to him. Shane was a total asshole in ECW, to the point that Francine hated his guts.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts