Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after hearing rumors that Wade Barrett was going to be repackaged with his Bad news Barrett character that he uses on the JBL and Cole Show, I decided to look up this character, seeing as I've never watched the JBL and Cole Show. I was pleasantly surprised.This could be a very good gimmick, but only if he returns as a face.

So do you guys like the gimmick? Will this be Barrett's opportunity to break through into the main event?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Buried by Triple H
3,317 Posts
I just hope they do SOMETHING with Barret.

How this man went from the main event scene with John Cena to not even on television is amusing to me.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts
Bad News Barrett. That would do wonders for his career! We have not witnessed continual walkouts, double countouts and double DQ finishes since the days of Bad News Brown.

Reactions: DualShock

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,062 Posts
Barrett deserves a lot better than he gets. At least give the guy a fair shot. But instead, they'd rather do stuff like this, for no particular reason:

·
Registered
21 Posts
How would the gimmick work on TV though? It's fine to have that humor in the JBL and Cole show, but that doesn't really lend itself to a wrestling character too well imo

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How would the gimmick work on TV though? It's fine to have that humor in the JBL and Cole show, but that doesn't really lend itself to a wrestling character too well imo
I thought the same thing, that's why if he uses this gimmick he would have to be a babyface. I think it would be funny if he walks up to random wrestlers and gives them random bad news, capping it off with the wrestler saying his catch phrase "Badnews Barrett". I think this is something that could really get him over. I can imagine the fans chanting "Badnews Barrett!" It has a nice ring to it.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
A wallaby? Well it's like a kangaroo but smaller.
18,013 Posts
Soon as I read this, I thought of Bad News Brown also, be interesting to see what they do with Barrett though, he's got the talent, but doesn't really get the push, he seems to always be on the edge of a good push then it goes.

Reactions: Voice of Reason

·
#StillRelevant
3,197 Posts

·
Still training, saying my prayers, eating my vitam
4,545 Posts
His character when he came back from injury was perfectly fine. They just decided to bury him.

·
Premium Member
5,911 Posts
I don't really think Barrett needs a gimmick change, his character from last year was fine, they just need to push him correctly.

·
Banned
2,073 Posts
When he was built up as this brawler, he should of returned as a face wearing jeans and without a t-shirt resembling his brawler gimmick. Instead he came back as a weak heel.

·
Banned
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
When he was built up as this brawler, he should of returned as a face wearing jeans and without a t-shirt resembling his brawler gimmick. Instead he came back as a weak heel.
I actually kinda thought that's what they were gonna do. Those promos were awesome and made him look badass. "Anti-hero who maims everyone" is one of the easiest gimmicks to get over. But instead Barrett got the same treatment as always. Yeesh.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts