Wrestling Forum banner

Bad News for Randy Orton(Big update)

5593 53
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· THE COLOR RED
6,852 Posts
The Fiend needs someone to feud with that has a good story line past with him. Give Orton a non-wrestling role where he leads a heel stable(and no Riddle should not be in it, a SERIOUS stable).

If Randy is eventually cleared to wrestle have him turn and RKO the entire stable.

· Registered
1,868 Posts
Yea this is really bad. Lower back injury makes me think it was a long time buildup due to his RKO finisher specifically putting pressure on his lower back.

This reminds me on Hogans words years ago where he said that the one thing he would change if he had the chance was his finisher as doing the leg drop fucked his back.

Ortons RKO is the same impact so even if Orton ever comes back it will most likely be a run similar to Edge where he wrestles very rare and very safe .

The good thing is that he is still relatively young so he can take a couple years off and come back around the same
Age that Edge was when he came back and have similar part timer run.

Still it really sucks as such injury will have a nasty effect on his quality of life going forward

· Sassy Southern
Bless Your Heart
8,761 Posts
Hopefully at the very least Randy Orton is able to have a comfortable life without much pain.

Would like to see him return to maybe finish out the RK-Bro (mistakenly said Rated RKO lol) thing that he and Matt Riddle were doing. Clearly it was a fan favorite and clearly Orton was having a lot of fun during it.

Reactions: Trivette

· Registered
15,496 Posts
That sucks, I've always really loved Randy Orton.

Reactions: GarpTheFist

· Registered
1,868 Posts
There's nothing left for him to do. He should probably go into the sunset. One of the GOATS.
I honestly hate such posts.

By your logic all main eventers have nothing left to do and should just retire .

There are plenty of things left for Randy to do.

For one, have a real final main event run.

A 14 times world champion who have won RR twice and main evented multiple manias shouldn’t retire after an average tag team match on a random Smackdown.

He should at the very least have a final singles match on a big PPV, should have at least one final attempt to win the world title and at least be able to retire on his own terms by putting over someone in a meaningful way.

He didn’t even had some satellite segment announcing his injury , it was Riddle who explained that the following week.

If he just retires like this than this would have been the lost anti climatic and sad way to end a career by losing a random tag team match on SD with no segments or any real fan emotion

· None. More. Hated.
Out The Curtain, Lights Go Up, I'm Home..
17,745 Posts
I honestly hate such posts.

By your logic all main eventers have nothing left to do and should just retire .

There are plenty of things left for Randy to do.

For one, have a real final main event run.

A 14 times world champion who have won RR twice and main evented multiple manias shouldn’t retire after an average tag team match on a random Smackdown.

He should at the very least have a final singles match on a big PPV, should have at least one final attempt to win the world title and at least be able to retire on his own terms by putting over someone in a meaningful way.

He didn’t even had some satellite segment announcing his injury , it was Riddle who explained that the following week.

If he just retires like this than this would have been the lost anti climatic and sad way to end a career by losing a random tag team match on SD with no segments or any real fan emotion

A back fusion is serious shit. There's no need for him to have some one last run at the risk of his health. I'm no one to tell an athlete to retire but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if he did.

· Registered
1,307 Posts
This sounds bad, like a back fusion is no joke, his in ring might be over with, Hogan is done for because of his back, Steanboat didnt wrestle from 1994 until 2009, and was considered retired because of his back, one more run may not be in the cards, maybe a Authority , and if doctors can pull somthing miraculous off, a match or small program with a up and comer once in a blue moon, but I think Orton in ring career is finished.

· Registered
RIP NapperX
6,986 Posts
This is just terrible news! We've all seen his career begin from the jobber in the blue trunks, to the Legend Killer, to the Viper and his latest form.

I wasn't a great fan of his for many years and thought he was squandering his opportunities, but maturity has been very kind to Randall, who took a great turn around 2009/10. The rest is history.

I really do appreciate Orton now and find it sad that it might be over now, however I wouldn't put it past him to recover to wrestle in time. At least I hope he does anyway.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts