1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Lucy Snorebush
2,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PWInsider:
TNA BEING BROKEN AWAY FROM POST IMPACT SLOT
By Devin Cutting on 2010-11-29 10:25:27
Spike TV finally added TNA Reaction to its schedule for Thursday, December 16th, 2010. However, it's airing at 11:30 PM (ET) after an episode of Phowned. This means that TNA viewers will have a 30-minute break between the end of Impact and the start of Reaction that night. Reaction returns to 11 PM the following Thursday (December 23rd).
I download Impact and Reaction but that's gotta seriously suck if they do the whole "we're out of time, tune into Reaction" then you have to wait 30 mins as a live viewer.

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
They're probably doing this to get TNA to quit overrunning shit. Of course, don't be alarmed if Mike Tenay says that TNA will be back at 11:30 with the rest of the main event on ReAction.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
Stupid move on Spike's part.

Oh well, hope TNA realizes that and tapes the shows accordingly.

I'm convinced that Spike doesn't care one bit about TNA.

·
Registered
245 Posts
what's hilarious is the nonsense that TNA are running over their broadcast - it's pre-taped and edited down to a 2hr slot (or 1:40 if you count advert breaks)

so how the hell do they have a problem with a runover on a pre-taped show?? it's bollocks! oh... we're supposed to forget about it being taped!

well as someone who works in TV this is f'n shocking that they can try and get away with this, it's pointless

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Wow.

Goodbye Reaction ratings (not that they were good in the first place).

Generally speaking, I think that kills a lot of build to Reaction for the viewer. I've watched some Reactions, some I've not but really it was a good burn off hour to go in depth about what just happened. It was a good loophole to have their Main Events run over as well. I guess Spike didn't want them doing that any longer so did this as a punishment.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
what's hilarious is the nonsense that TNA are running over their broadcast - it's pre-taped and edited down to a 2hr slot (or 1:40 if you count advert breaks)

so how the hell do they have a problem with a runover on a pre-taped show?? it's bollocks! oh... we're supposed to forget about it being taped!

well as someone who works in TV this is f'n shocking that they can try and get away with this, it's pointless
You're making it sound like it runs-over due to editing and time problems,that isnt the case. Impact runs over purposefully to bump up Reaction's ratings. I highly doubt there would be any issues condensing it down to 2 hrs if they really had to.

·
EIRE
15,861 Posts
Or, you know, they could just end their fucking show when their time is up like every other show on tv. Just a thought. When your booking is so convoluted that you run over your time limit, it's time to trim the fat. And there is a ton of fat to be trimmed.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Bad move, Spike.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
TNA really should trim the fat of impact. You can blame an over bloated roster, but I don't think that's it. It's that there is TOO much focus on the same guys, that they take up all the time, resulting in the ME always heading into Reaction all the time

·
Registered
433 Posts
People do realize that the exact same booking team managed to end Impact on time for weeks and weeks before Reaction came around, right? It's a ploy to make Impact seem more spontaneous and to help encourage viewers to watch Reaction. Since the goal is to get more viewers to watch Reaction, I have no idea why Spike felt like randomly rescheduling it one week. No big deal.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Thank god! Means UK viewers will see more Impact, not ones that have to been edited to see the main event or that just cut off before it ends. Also it's a nice test to see if Reaction can stand on its own two feet without Impact ending as it starts.

·
Premium Member
19,338 Posts
It's just for one week though... no biggie

This is Spike wanting to get the million or so viewers of TNA to watch this show.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Oh it is just one week. I was scared that it was permanent.

In that case, who cares.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts