Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Illegitimate child of Robert 'Glorious' Roode
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently watched a year old interview with BNB where he aspires to be WWE champ (who in the industry wouldn't) but the guy in my opinion is good on the mic and the gimmick is quite funny. Can you see him going further than mid card?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Re: Bad News Barret - How far do you think he can go?

Wish they would bring his podium back, I loved that.. He could have been cutting promos while he was injured, but they just kept him off TV and I don't know why

·
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Wish they would bring his podium back, I loved that.. He could have been cutting promos while he was injured, but they just kept him off TV and I don't know why
yup the podium was cool! hes still on the JBL show which is funny though but most people dont know it exists :( :nerd:

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts

He can be about as big as they're willing to allow him to be, which with Vince means midcard, given his abhorrence for the country of England. He had top level, main event, #1 heel written all over him, and he still does, although maybe at this point, with so much damage being done to him and just being where he's been for so long, he wouldn't be as over as he would've been if I had booked him, but that's the shit we have to deal with. I think he's good enough that with a year of being booked like a bareknuckle fighter version of Brock Lesnar, he could repair most of that damage but it's impossible to say.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts

More threads about Barrett's future? Seriously?

He's finished and will never go above his current position. I'd go as far as saying he'll be going even lower after Mania.

·
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

He can be about as big as they're willing to allow him to be, which with Vince means midcard, given his abhorrence for the country of England. He had top level, main event, #1 heel written all over him, and he still does, although maybe at this point, with so much damage being done to him and just being where he's been for so long, he wouldn't be as over as he would've been if I had booked him, but that's the shit we have to deal with.
Yeah i agree! Hes great on the mic and British which the yanks hate. What i would also say is that seeing a few interviews from him.....hes a real worker. He works his ass off in the gym and generally picks up the interviews thats most wont. Im also British and very biased haha >:)

·
Registered
556 Posts

He can be about as big as they're willing to allow him to be, which with Vince means midcard, given his abhorrence for the country of England. He had top level, main event, #1 heel written all over him, and he still does, although maybe at this point, with so much damage being done to him and just being where he's been for so long, he wouldn't be as over as he would've been if I had booked him, but that's the shit we have to deal with. I think he's good enough that with a year of being booked like a bareknuckle fighter version of Brock Lesnar, he could repair most of that damage but it's impossible to say.
he needs to stay healthy. every time he has gotten a push he got hurt.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts

I have to say, recently the guy has been in insane shape. He's always been good on the stick and serviceable in the ring. I'd like to see him get a decent push and a run at the world title

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts

He and Miz should be the perennial midcard heels but that is where he belongs unless he improves considerably in the ring.

Reactions: Maelstrom21

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

Too many injuries that I don't think he can ever bounce back from. He is mid card for life IMO

·
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Agreed with a few here apart from the people who say he has a low move set. To me he seems like the perfect competitor for Ambrose, Ziggler and Cesaro for the IC title

·
Registered
2,218 Posts

As far as booking lets him go. Barrett has come back in shape, he's been solid in the ring, he's always been solid on the mic. He's a legit tough guy. If properly used, he could have a main event run.

All that said, I have no faith it will happen and he'll be mid-card until he leaves WWE. He's been injured but there's been times where they've given him the shaft in booking when he really could have started climbing the ranks.

I can even remember a ready-made program between him and Chris Jericho being teased for Wrestlemania 29. NXT rookie versus his pro. 9 time IC champ against the current IC. What happened? Barrett jobbed to a supposedly babyface Miz and Jericho lost to Fandango. How dumb does that look in hindsight?

·
Registered
892 Posts

He ranks pretty high among my list of favorites from the Millennial Era (guys who did not debut in either WWE/WCW/ECW until after 2000):

01. Brock Lesnar
02. Dolph Ziggler
03. Dean Ambrose
04. Daniel Bryan
05. CM Punk
06. Seth Rollins
07. Bray Wyatt
08. Cody Rhodes
09. Luke Harper
10. Cesaro
11. Bad News Barrett
12. Randy Orton
13. Ryback
14. John Cena
15. Roman Reigns

For more discussion on "The Millennial Era", you can visit this thread right here: http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/1624906-millennial-era-wrestling.html

Here is what I said about Barrett in the thread I just referenced:

Barrett was derailed early on by Cena dismantling Nexus along with Punk stealing his thumder as the leader of Nexus. The Corre didn't help him either, and his "bare knuckle brawler" gimmick bore too much of a resemblance to Sheamus. What has REALLY saved Barrett is his Bad News gimmick. Up until then, Barrett had little to no personality.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

I don't know honestly.

He should been WWE Champion in 2010 and World Heavyweight Champion in 2012-2013. The main event ship looks to have sailed on Barrett.

But I'll add that he's done a great job remaining relevant with his personality despite the suspect booking over the years.

·
Oh My Goddess
3,580 Posts

If Wade were booked properly and stayed healthy, he had main event potential. But Vince was not going to let that happen. Anything more than standard midcarder has probably passed him by now given his atrocious booking since returning.

Reactions: CD Player

·
Banned
2,322 Posts

If the booking team/writers/Vince/Dunn had a clue then he could be a very entertaining upper midcard heel/face with the Bad News gimmick

·
Registered
2,077 Posts

The 'Bad News' gimmick has run out of steam and they have given up on it. Wade Barrett, though, could be a main-event level heel.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts