Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
:austin3 This feels less like partners and more like superstar Will Smith and his idiot sidekick.
So literally the same vibe as the other two movies.

Martin Lawrence has always been the sidekick to Will Smith in the franchise. Even in the first film which was before Independence Day when they may have been close to being the same level of star Martin was presented the less cool, less suave, less sophisticated, less physically gifted of the two. He was there to play the comic relief and somewhat of the moral centre that's his job in the franchise. There will no doubt be the classic partner type dynamic in the film but let's not act as if they were ever presented as equals from the get.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
LOVED the first two movies but I find myself caring very little about this third installment
Everything eventually loses its appeal. Whether it be because of time, style, content, or any other factor that may affect the preference of the viewer. It just doesn't work forever.

That being said I am sure that there are people who will be more than happy to part with their money to see the film. I myself am down for it simply because it is a cheeseball actioner anything beyond that is a win for me.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
So literally the same vibe as the other two movies.

Martin Lawrence has always been the sidekick to Will Smith in the franchise. Even in the first film which was before Independence Day when they may have been close to being the same level of star Martin was presented the less cool, less suave, less sophisticated, less physically gifted of the two. He was there to play the comic relief and somewhat of the moral centre that's his job in the franchise. There will no doubt be the classic partner type dynamic in the film but let's not act as if they were ever presented as equals from the get.
You are mostly right but the difference is in the 1st film they felt more like equals. In the first film Martin had times where he was off doing his own ass-kicking. Same with Will. In the 2nd film it changed up a bit. Will was doing the majority of the action and Martin was just following behind him and complaining the entire time. They damn near made the lovable Marcus Burnett unlikeable. At least with this film it would be more understandable since Martin looks like a walking blueberry.

I’m not saying your opinion of their dynamic is wrong. I just feel like it’s being ratcheted up so much now that not only does it make Marcus annoying but it also makes the viewer wonder why the hell Mike even wants him around. The whole Bad Boys 4 Life shit doesn’t cut it.

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
The franchise is comprised of good pop corn flicks. From what I heard Bad Boys 2 flopped, I hope this one does well and brings further interest into the franchise.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
It was pretty good if your a huge Will Smith fan. But it was about as much of a buddy cop film as Die Hard. Mike Lowry was all that mattered. Marcus Burnett didn't even need to be there. He did nothing worth while in the action and nothing at all as far as actual investigating. Mike kept talking about how much he needed Marcus with him but when Marcus was with him he served NO purpose at all. Now I see why when Will made the excuse that it took so long for BB3 to come together because they were looking for the right story. Well the story they came up with revolved everything around Mike Lowery and Marcus was treated more like a damn plot device. Granted I saw it going this direction with the 2nd film but they've completely jumped the shark with this one. Remove the "S" and just call it "Bad Boy & his idiot sidekick" because it no longer feels like 2 partners, who are equals, going after the bad guys.

other thoughts:
  • the bad guys were the best of the series
  • nice surprise of some certain returning characters
  • some genuinely shocking moments
  • some cringe worthy story developments
  • sadly the humor was more miss than hit
  • very weak action sequences
  • cgi shots were very noticeable and bad
Overall imo this franchise is no longer worthy of being mentioned along side classic buddy cop duos of the past because it no longer feels like a duo. It's the Will Smith show.

Bad Boys - 10/10
Bad Boys 2 - 7/10
BB4Life - 5/10

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Martin Lawrence & Will Smith are back! They brought the funny & kicked ass in this long-awaited sequel.

Bad Boys For Life made over $100M WW in its opening weekend.

Bad Boys 4 has already been green-lit. Hopefully it doesn’t take them another 17 years to make the movie.

·
Registered
957 Posts
It was pretty good if your a huge Will Smith fan. But it was about as much of a buddy cop film as Die Hard. Mike Lowry was all that mattered. Marcus Burnett didn't even need to be there. He did nothing worth while in the action and nothing at all as far as actual investigating. Mike kept talking about how much he needed Marcus with him but when Marcus was with him he served NO purpose at all. Now I see why when Will made the excuse that it took so long for BB3 to come together because they were looking for the right story. Well the story they came up with revolved everything around Mike Lowery and Marcus was treated more like a damn plot device. Granted I saw it going this direction with the 2nd film but they've completely jumped the shark with this one. Remove the "S" and just call it "Bad Boy & his idiot sidekick" because it no longer feels like 2 partners, who are equals, going after the bad guys.

other thoughts:
  • the bad guys were the best of the series
  • nice surprise of some certain returning characters
  • some genuinely shocking moments
  • some cringe worthy story developments
  • sadly the humor was more miss than hit
  • very weak action sequences
  • cgi shots were very noticeable and bad
Overall imo this franchise is no longer worthy of being mentioned along side classic buddy cop duos of the past because it no longer feels like a duo. It's the Will Smith show.

Bad Boys - 10/10
Bad Boys 2 - 7/10
BB4Life - 5/10
Disagree completely. Martin made that movie bro..Dude was absolutely hilarious

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Disagree completely. Martin made that movie bro..Dude was absolutely hilarious
Yeah he provided some laughs. But that shouldn’t be all he’s used for. Not to mention that this was the least funniest flick compared to the first 2 films.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Never saw the first two but I enjoyed this one. The buddy dynamic was great. Would recommend.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
At first i didn't want watch this movie after watched the trailer,I almost thought "This sh*t would end like the old movie that try to alive in modern day" or like Fast and Furious crap who try to still relevant after the 7th,but I change my mind after I watch the movie today

"Will and Martin play their role according their age"

Yes,the movie plot not same like the prequel and I said for everyone who try to watch this movie and expect the same old sh*t like the predecessor,then I have bad news, it's like Lethal Weapon 4 by the drama mean.

It's too bad or I'm just too curious they didn't bring in Sid character (only mentioned her once), I'm okay with Julie Mott more like Mike's one night stand love character but Sid Burnett is Mike's little sister, it's like they try to disconnect her from Burnett family.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
Fuck that noise. This movie was awesome.

Martin Lawrence made me laugh more than Will did this time around. I also don't see this big ass discrepancy between the two. Will's the serious cop and Martin brings more of the laughs. They have a perfect balance and it worked great here.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Seems I need edit out that this franchise doesn't forget about Sid Burnett presence,in fact her character have her own series , LA'S Finest,if the series can hold up more than one season, there's a rumour that Sid might be back with her current partner along with tall bald hacker, Fletcher.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts