Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
I've mentioned that I loved Rollins' selling in that match.

Upon re-watching it, one of the things that I noticed was that Lawler said that Rollins had tweaked his leg earlier in the day. It was kind of random, and he didn't seem to be kidding, so maybe he really did. I remember some people saying that Rollins seemed slower than usual. I didn't really think that, but if he was, that may be the reason why. Maybe that's why Rollins seemed off to some?
Gonna rewatch it too. Did he tweak it during the match?

·
All out of bubblegum.
5,301 Posts
If they want to push Lesnar as more of a face than him destroying Rollins is, sadly for Rollins, best for business :trips3

·
Banned
1,315 Posts
Fuck outta here with that shit. These fuckers can't be serious? I hope rollins/Lesnar gets a good 20 minutes back and forth, these two can put on a classic.

·
Banned
14,424 Posts
rofl. This reminds me of Punk's podcast story about how they blamed Miz/Truth for the failure of Survivor Series, despite the fact that they had Cena squash them in a handicapped match like a week before the PPV. Like you're blaming people who are booked like a joke for the failure of your main events when you should be looking at yourselves. After 10 years how do you not blame Randy Orton when so many of his matches turn out miss rather than hit?

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
This is beyond stupid even by McMahon standards fpalm

Blame the guy who put on a decent match because of,

YOUR own backwards/Stupid booking decisons? :punkout

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts
Normally I have a pretty calm and optimistic look on everything...

NOT ANYMORE.

Are the officials that fucking stupid? Blame Rollins for it sucking huh? It has nothing to do with the following.

-Stating that the cage was to prevent interference from the Authority, only to have J&J Security AND Kane get in anyway
-Centering the match on KANE, FUCKING KANE a 48 year old man, not Orton or Rollins
-Have Rollins, THE CHAMPION mind you, get pinned on Smackdown in the show before the PPV
-Building the feud by doing repetitive 20 min promos about the same shit.
-Banning the RKO, the only reason ANYFUCKINGBODY cares about Orton anymore
-Taking away the curbstomp, Rollins most devastating move, because of concussion worries? You guys still do DDTs, and German Suplexes, and flying headbutts (which one man did constantly to end up with the brain of an 80 year old Alzheimer's patient), but NOOOO, Curb stomp is too dangerous. And to replace the move, you give him a shitty version of Dirty Deeds.

But by all means, its Rollins' fault right?

NO, NO IT ISN'T

For fuck's sake, can they please take their heads out of their asses and actually think for a single solitary second of their lives that maybe, just maybe, if we booked Rollins and the match better, maybe it wouldn't have been so weak.

Jesus fucking christ.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,128 Posts
Lol real sound logic there Vince. Ban the RKO, ban the curbstomp, revolve the entire angle around gatekeeper Kane and then act surprised.

Rollins will just have to prove him wrong with some great matches now, which he can do.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I wonder how much backstage support Rollins really has... he has HHH on his side for sure, but HHH is always high on indy superstars i don't think it rly means much. but what about vince mcmahon? vince doesn't rly like indy superstars and at the end of the day vince makes the final call

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
rofl. This reminds me of Punk's podcast story about how they blamed Miz/Truth for the failure of Survivor Series, despite the fact that they had Cena squash them in a handicapped match like a week before the PPV. Like you're blaming people who are booked like a joke for the failure of your main events when you should be looking at yourselves. After 10 years how do you not blame Randy Orton when so many of his matches turn out miss rather than hit?
TBF it was :vince2 stupid over booking as to why the match wasn't great at all. If it were a straight up match with no MacMahon BS The match would be pretty good

·
Registered
913 Posts
Probably, because he was shaking his leg at certain points, IIRC.
Ugh.. rly hope he doesn't get injured and end up like DB last year.. then the comapny starts to lose faith in him. It would be horrible timing too since its his 1st title reign and he's about to feud with lesnar

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I wonder how much backstage support Rollins really has... he has HHH on his side for sure, but HHH is always high on indy superstars i don't think it rly means much. but what about vince mcmahon? vince doesn't rly like indy superstars and at the end of the day vince makes the final call
It's funny, because Vince loved Shawn, and Rollins kind of reminds me of Shawn sometimes. So I could see Vince liking Rollins, but also not really believing in him as face of the company. I mean he loved Shawn to death, and still would renege on Shawn too.

Notice Rollins has started strutting recently? That seems like a Vince command, so he at least cares enough about Rollins to put his own little touches on Rollins' presentation.

I think he likes him, probably even a lot, but he's just not what Vince envisions as someone to run the company with.

·
Premium Member
2,915 Posts
Yea, I'm not biting on this one. For all the potential reasons they could take the strap off of Rollins, I don't think his in-ring performances will be the reason that sticks. He did, afterall, get in his current spot by putting on solid bouts. I'll take this rumor with a grain of salt.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Rollins sold Orton's slow and soft offensive in that match as much as he could, its not his fault that ended so boring, he gave Orton the best RKO spot of his career at WM 31.

You can't blame Rollins, blame Orton for being and one dimensional performer and not knowing how to work a match without his finisher.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.