Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe..._WWE_Wanted_Lesnar_on_ESPN_Rock_vs_Brock.html

- It's no secret that WWE's plan all along has been for Roman Reigns to capture the WWE World Heavyweight Title from Brock Lesnar at Sunday's WrestleMania 31. Whether Reigns is ready for the role and whether it will turn fans against him has become a major question.

Lesnar re-signing with the company this week will likely get him a big babyface reaction from the live crowd at WrestleMania.

There could also be a big angle at the end of the show to set up a future match for Lesnar. We've noted how there are several potential WrestleMania 32 opponents for Lesnar but one source close to the situation noted to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that as of now, with Lesnar re-signed, Rock vs. Brock for next year is the planned main event. As always, it was noted that plans could change, especially with The Rock's busy schedule.

Regarding Lesnar's announcement on ESPN earlier this week, WWE wanted him to announce the deal to put the WrestleMania main event finish into question.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
Wait for it wait for it....

·
Banned
13,572 Posts
"Plans could change espically with Rocks busy schedule"

Meaning this is just speculation and when we're wrong we could say Rocks busy schedule was the reason.

IMO I highly doubt Rock is going to commit to anything long term right now because like they said his Hollywood schedule is so busy

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
55,106 Posts
Reigns beats Brock. Brock pummels the hell out of Reigns after the match. Rock comes out and attacks Lesnar. WM 32 Main Event set up: Brock vs. Rock.

Simple.

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
So, if the plan is Rock vs Lesnar for WM 32 and something is going to happen at WM this year to set-up Brock's WM 32 match does that mean that....

The WWE is going to try and use Rock as a heat shield for Reigns AGAIN? :wow
They're going to get the Rock booed at every appearance the rate they are going.....

And as for this "not sure about Reigns and the crowd" refrain..... why in the fuck is the guy in this position if NO ONE KNOWS if he can get the fans?! Jesus fuck, I'm so tired of hearing from pricks like Jericho that "you never know whena guy is ready so shut the fuck up fans"....... yeah no. If the fans are turning on the guy and booing and saying "he isn't ready!" then he isn't fucking ready. End of, no arguing otherwise.

The title is for those that already have a connection with the fans and they buy him as a champion. Reigns isn't selling to the fans that he is a champion, putting the belt on him won't change that. The fans dictate who is champion.. period. It might not be a "hey put the belt on this guy!" dictation, but you can tell when the fans will accept a guy as champion. Ziggler, Bryan, Ambrose, Rollins... the fans would accept any of those as champion right now without question.

TLDR version... if you are questioning whether the fans will buy into a guy as champion, he isn't your next champion. End of discussion.

·
Banned
4,757 Posts
If they're going to keep using the Rock to try and take heat off Reigns, then they might as well sign him to a full time deal, give him more money than he makes in Hollywood every year. Sure, it would bankrupt the company, but i doubt Vince cares at this stage, it's all about trying to get his pet project over.

In a sensible world, if the fans legit hate a guy, you turn him heel. You don't try and force something that isn't there, because it just makes everything worse.

Reactions: Lothario

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
Brock vs Rock is the main event next year, not Reigns (I have my doubts about that), yet Brock is going to lose to Reigns despite the fact that he's not over and nobody thinks he's credible in the slightest. That'll set him up great against Rock...the guy who couldn't beat Roman Reigns against The Rock.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
The heel that defeated the Undertaker last year walks into Mania as one of the biggest babyfaces of the company.

Incredible.

Reactions: Fringe

·
Banned
2,346 Posts
"Plans could change espically with Rocks busy schedule"

Meaning this is just speculation and when we're wrong we could say Rocks busy schedule was the reason.

IMO I highly doubt Rock is going to commit to anything long term right now because like they said his Hollywood schedule is so busy
Rock vs Brock will main event and not Sting/Taker HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

Man, Sting vs Taker is a huge match but Rock vs Brock in terms of mainstream exposure, this is the MAIN EVENT.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts