Wrestling Forum banner

Backstage reaction to WWE Raw 30th Anniversary Show

818 8
Source:Backstage Reaction To WWE Raw 30th Anniversary Show - WrestleTalk
The WWE Raw 30th Anniversary Show was something of a mixed bag covering thirty years of the show’s history.

With a cage match not featuring as advertised among other issues, the positives arguably vastly outweighed the negatives on a show that also featured the return of Brock Lesnar, a ‘passing of the torch moment‘ between Undertaker and Bray Wyatt, the superbly delivered Trial of Sami Zayn and a praiseworthy segment between DX and Imperium.

With all this going on, it probably doesn’t come as a surprise that this episode of WWE Raw drew the highest viewership in almost three years for a red-brand show.

According to Fightful Select‘s sources (subscription required), “people of influence” in WWE were happy with how the landmark episode of WWE Raw turned out.

On top of all this positive reaction, the show drew the highest domestic gate in the entire 30-year history of WWE Raw.

PW Insider reported the backstage producers for each segment of the show.

The show didn’t feature the planned Acknowledgement Ceremony for Roman Reigns, with Afa, Sika and Rikishi unable to attend, according to reports.

The replacement segment, the Trial of Sami Zayn, did run over, according to reports, which necessitated the axing of the Steel Cage Match between Becky Lynch and Bayley.
Reactions: jpickens
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Waiting for Kawato
5,624 Posts
I thought it was a fine and fun show up until the DX segment, which was great (I really just thought they were going to repeat the shtick they literally just did a couple of months ago, so it was nice they went somewhere different), and then it was all downhill from there.

Teasing Rollins and Walter and barely delivering was sad, and until Brock showed up there was not one other memorable thing on the show after DX got out of the ring.

· Registered
10,411 Posts
What has WWE ever done in their history to make anyone believe this was a "passing of the torch" moment between Taker and Bray. You know what they have always done with Bray, buried him.

Oh wait this came from Fightful.......

Reactions: jpickens

· Registered
677 Posts
The show wasn't good imo, I'm used to being disappointed with this type of stuff so I barely care but it clearly seems to have done well for the most part so good for them I guess
I think it was good for a Raw show, but really disappointing for an anniversary show.
I´m not sure if I remember correctly, but I seem to remember that Raw 25 was worse.
Other than the first hour of this show I don´t see much that was really memorable.
The canceled Steel Cage Match was a let-down and i´m not really buying it that it was scrapped just because the Bloodline segment went long, when they had uninteresting filler towards the end of the show. It also felt very WWE-like to advertise something just to swerve and not deliver on it.

· Devil's Blood
6,004 Posts
I hate The Bloodline but that trial was about the only good thing on it. Easily one of the best promo based segments within the past year I would actually say also.

Imperium vs Rollins and Street Prophets was the best match but I am an Imperium and Gunther fan so maybe I am biased.

The rest, besides only Undertaker entrance, was kinda not good for an anniversary celebration.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts