Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
I know I'm dope, but don't wet that.
11,801 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a lot of praise backstage for the worked shoot promo that Kevin Owens did on Shane McMahon to kick off this week’s WWE SmackDown Live.

Believe it or not, the company realizes that there is too much Shane McMahon on television and they are paying more attention to what people are saying on social media about the product. The declining ratings have forced Vince McMahon to ask for more input on the product and he’s listening to the criticism more than ever. They have also done surveys to figure out what people do and don’t like about the shows.

The idea behind the latest face turn is that Owens is speaking for the fans, who have had it with McMahon being shoved in their face every week. Some of the names he mentioned in his promo (Liv Morgan, Ali, Buddy Murphy, etc) are expected to appear on TV soon.
Source: https://wrestlingnews.co/wwe-news/backstage-wwe-reaction-to-kevin-owens-smackdown-live-promo-whats-next-for-shane-mcmahon/

About Time

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
If people understood this easy formula, change is forced once power hungry people no longer feel in control. Even a delusional Vince is understanding due to the rating and low attendance that the criticism is serious because people act on their words and abandon the product, it's not just empty mumbo jumbo anymore. Vince wouldn't understand it if no physical change had happened, that's why your words are empty and will always be when your actions tells the story he wants to hear.

It goes for anything. If people collectively boycott something to the point where it hurts whatever is boycott, they will have to either change their practice or go bankrupt/lose power. The consumer/costumer/civilian has so much more power as a unit than 99% of people realize. Change can be forced, but luckily for these power hungry mental patients, people can't even agree on what to have for dinner or find a healthy compromise, so the chance of people getting their collective head out of their own shitty asshole is slim to none-existent which is why nothing ever really changes

·
NBA
3,381 Posts
I call bull.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah I said the same earlier. He needs to brutalize him at Summerslam and write him off TV until like Mania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, that's the only payoff that gives the Owens character teeth. He identified the problem and the solution is to destroy Shane.

I'm 50-50 if WWE will do the right thing or not because this company is stupid. They ran out of fan good will along time ago. Given the state of the company as a hole, Shane has to put Owens over otherwise... what? lol

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Yeah, that's the only payoff that gives the Owens character teeth. He identified the problem and the solution is to destroy Shane.

I'm 50-50 if WWE will do the right thing or not because this company is stupid. They ran out of fan good will along time ago. Given the state of the company as a hole, Shane has to put Owens over otherwise... what? lol

I dunno man Miz lost his feud after Shane beat up his dad lol. I don’t trust them at all anymore.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,274 Posts
Lip service.

I'll believe this when I see it. WWE no longer gets any benefit of the doubt.
No benny and no sympy for WWE from me anymore, either. I'll believe it when I see it. I bet he's on air for over 2 hours this July, easy.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,245 Posts
I mean that's great and all, but it only mean as much as it should if Owens actually removes Shane from TV somehow.
How nonsensical would it be for him to survive Undertaker and Roman but be taken out by KO?

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
How nonsensical would it be for him to survive Undertaker and Roman but be taken out by KO?

So what are we gonna need to sic Bork on Shane or something? After that promo they clearly have big things in store for Owens and this Shane shit is coming to an end soon by his hands. Owens and Shane have like a two year long beef anyways. Plus Roman and Taker will be protected in Sunday in some way. I doubt the Shane payoff is at a B PPV. This is a McMahon we’re talking about.

·
Registered
12,000 Posts
Once again,

Shane is not the problem.

These fucks see people shitting on the Shane stuff, and think all their problems will be fixed when they have KO do a whiny promo.

·
Registered
24,584 Posts
OK I know you’re not the biggest KO fan but something like this would be huge for him. And also, all it needs to be is a stipulation saying if Shane loses, he’s gone.

Also, if it gets Shane off TV, do you really care?

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,245 Posts
OK I know you’re not the biggest KO fan but something like this would be huge for him. And also, all it needs to be is a stipulation saying if Shane loses, he’s gone.

Also, if it gets Shane off TV, do you really care?
I don't care how big of a KO fan you are, no wrestling fan should find Taker and Reigns putting over Shane acceptable, even if KO is getting the rub in the end.

I'm fine with KO being the anti-Authority, but if that's what they've decided on they need to cancel the ER tag match. Have Drew take out Roman backstage before the match, make it seem like Undertaker is going to fight a handicap match and as Taker gets in the ring, debut the new Bray coming for payback for his burial, let them brawl out of the arena, then have Shane and Drew declared the winners by forfeit.

Something, anything to keep Shane from getting a fucking Taker and Reigns rub. This is some WCW Arquette level nonsense, a 50 year old non wrestler should not be the top heel period.

·
Registered
24,584 Posts
I don't care how big of a KO fan you are, no wrestling fan should find Taker and Reigns putting over Shane acceptable, even if KO is getting the rub in the end.

I'm fine with KO being the anti-Authority, but if that's what they've decided on they need to cancel the ER tag match. Have Drew take out Roman backstage before the match, make it seem like Undertaker is going to fight a handicap match and as Taker gets in the ring, debut the new Bray coming for payback for his burial, let them brawl out of the arena, then have Shane and Drew declared the winners by forfeit.

Something, anything to keep Shane from getting a fucking Taker and Reigns rub. This is some WCW Arquette level nonsense, a 50 year old non wrestler should not be the top heel period.
OK, who says both can’t happen.

Why couldn’t Shane lose at ER and then lose at SummerSlam. It doesn’t have to be just one way. Not saying that will happen, but it’s an easy option.

And either way, personally I could give 2 shits less. Taker is a shell of a shell of himself and Roman can take a loss out of this. If I had to have them lose to get Shane off TV, I’d do it in a heart beat.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts