Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are the details from F4WOnline (via WrestlingInc .com) on how the WWE will structure its flagship show moving forward when it moves to the new three-hour format next month.

The current plan once RAW moves to three-hours in July is to spend the first 50 minutes or so hyping up a top-of-the-hour match on both TV and Twitter, then kick it off at 8:55pm to run through the top of the hour. WWE will go with another big match or segment right around 10pm and the final angle will close out the show during the overrun as usual. RAW will apparently have a more structured feel to it.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Structure? They can't structure the show with two hours to fill; three is going to be a disaster.

·
Registered
3,013 Posts
With three hours maybe the mid card will get some needed air time. Wait, nevermind, kids want more Santino and John Cena!!!! :no:

·
Registered
867 Posts
This is a Fail.

By doing this you're telling casual fans not to tune in the first hour and just tune in at regular 9pm time.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I just took a crap in my toilet. I should have thrown the first hour's ratings in the toilet as well before I flushed.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,215 Posts
I'm not seeing how this will help them with the first hour. If they want people to tune in earlier they need to make the first hour worth watching.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Seems like a decent format yet i feel like in between will be used for all filler, (like santino vs ricardo)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Wait, so your telling me it was USA's dumbass idea to let WWE get an extra hour to their programming so WWE could advertise their own Programing? WTF is this shit.

·
Registered
747 Posts
It's not a bad idea, in my opinion. Fans always complain that a lot of WWE matches and shows lack hype. Maybe this will change that? And perhaps a structure like this will provide a chance for the mid-card, tag team and Divas divisions to get a bit more exposure and importance? For example, the first hour could build up to a big Intercontinental Championship match that will take place at the top of the hour. It would raise the importance of that title and give the talents more exposure. Granted, they may not do it that way, but I'm just trying to see a positive side to this. It could be a good way to draw in new viewers. The only thing is, if they're going to build up to special events and matches, they have to make sure that they mean something and deliver.

·
Premium Member
6,278 Posts
Sounds good to me. More structure is needed. Hopefully this also means they will not write the show the same day.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I think they're going to find out quickly that hyping a John Cena match while having 2 minute turd matches isn't going to be the way to pump up ratings during the first hour. There should be one main angle per hour, like focusing on the mid-card champ or the big mid-card angle during one, the biggest non-title feud in another, and the WWE title feud in another. Gotta give people something worth watching or this move to 3 hours will be over faster than TNA's move to Monday nights.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
lol. RAW is going to be so insanely bad its not even funny. :(

1 - 20 of 77 Posts