Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vince doesnt understand Punk's appeal but praises Miz and Truth

WZ has exclusively learned this evening, according to a backstage WWE source, that many of the WWE Superstars feel The Miz and R-Truth are getting the "outsider" push that CM Punk created for himself several months ago. "Even today, Vince [McMahon] doesn't understand the appeal of the Punk character," our source informed us, "but Miz and Truth are classic stereotypical outsiders, and Vince is good at figuring ways to have them cause main event level havoc when the time is right."

McMahon is reportedly very pleased with both The Miz and R-Truth, and is said to be a big fan of their work and their current story line.
Sorry if this has been posted before. If it has can someone give me a link to that thread.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
Re: Backstage News- Superstars feel Miz and Truth have been given Punk's angle and mo

Vince doesnt understand Punk's appeal but praises Miz and Truth

Sorry if this has been posted before. If it has can someone give me a link to that thread.
Vince has lost his touch in his old age if he's truly behind Miz. fpalm

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Re: Backstage News- Superstars feel Miz and Truth have been given Punk's angle and mo

WZ = WrestleZone, right? If that's so then this thread may as well be closed. The amount of bullshit that site publishes is hilarious.

·
Registered
6,728 Posts

I swear to god WrestleZone steals our theories. Someone just said that last week.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts

Vince has lost his touch in his old age if he's truly behind Miz. fpalm
What's so bad about The Miz?

If this is true, why should Vince care if he doesn't get the appeal of CM Punk.

The fans clearly do, the merchandise sales show it.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts

What's so bad about The Miz?

If this is true, why should Vince care if he doesn't get the appeal of CM Punk.

The fans clearly do, the merchandise sales show it.
He's a fucking terrible wrestler, the most unconvincing person in the WWE and not very entertaining to anyone over the age of 15.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts

He's a fucking terrible wrestler, the most unconvincing person in the WWE and not very entertaining to anyone over the age of 15.
I'm sorry. I don't like The Miz but to say he is not entertaining to those over 15 and unconvincing is just stupid. His wrestling might be crap but he's improved a hell of a lot compared to his early days and tag team days with JoMo.

·
Registered
62 Posts

I have a hard time believing Vince would put someone over like he did with Punk if he didn't get his appeal to be honest. The thing is they need to establish Punk as a face and HHH as a face authority figure. They couldn't do that properly if their feud got more personal. The audiance would have turned on one of them -likely CM Punk-. So for the time being CM Punk teams with John Cena to show the casuals they aren't mortal enemies and that you can like both while Miz and Truth play the heels neither Punk nor HHH can be at the moment.

Besides, Truth and Miz maybe "stole" Punk's enemy as HHH -even though it's Laurinaitis his character wants gone- but they didn't steal his cause. Miz and Truth don't want change. They don't want 100 % of the audiance to appreciate WWE's product. They want to be the main event, that's it.

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts

I call BS. Especially since Punk's merchandise is selling like hot cakes. It's more of expanding the angle than replacing anybody.

·
I'm a Paul Heyman Guy.
767 Posts

You're a Ryder fan aren't you?

That's not a dig at Ryder, I'm a big fan of him too, but saying The Miz is not very entertaining to anyone over the age of 15, when you're clearly a fan of Ryder is ridiculous.

Plus Miz seems to always gather a reaction, and he has plenty of older fans as well. So if this article is true, Vince isn't in the wrong to see the appeal in him, when the fans clearly do as well.

I understand you don't like the Miz, but just because you don't like someone doesn't mean their not good, they just don't appeal to your certain tastes.

·
Registered
3,123 Posts

I tend to find the Miz and Truth more entertaining than I find Punk, but this "news" is total crap.
They couldn't have done with Punk what they're doing with Miz/Truth anyway. The angle fits perfectly with Truth's "conspiracy" gimmick which started before Punk's "shoot" promo.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts

I'm sorry. I don't like The Miz but to say he is not entertaining to those over 15 and unconvincing is just stupid. His wrestling might be crap but he's improved a hell of a lot compared to his early days and tag team days with JoMo.
I never saw his days with JoMo, thank God, but from what I have seen of him since late 2009 just doesn't appeal to me in any way and I do not find him to be entertaining or convincing in his role in any way shape or form. He is the most overrated guy on the roster imo.

You're a Ryder fan aren't you?

That's not a dig at Ryder, I'm a big fan of him too, but saying The Miz is not very entertaining to anyone over the age of 15, when you're clearly a fan of Ryder is ridiculous.

Plus Miz seems to always gather a reaction, and he has plenty of older fans as well. So if this article is true, Vince isn't in the wrong to see the appeal in him, when the fans clearly do as well.

I understand you don't like the Miz, but just because you don't like someone doesn't mean their not good, they just don't appeal to your certain tastes.
Ryder has more wrestling industry talent in his left ass cheek than Miz could ever dream of having. As far as tools for making it to the top of the business go, Ryder has more of them than Mizanin does. If Ryder lost his broski gimmick tomorrow and was made to serious up he'd be even more entertaining than he is now. Ryder has the ring skills, the size, a unique look, excellent facial expressions, the passion, the work ethic and the charisma to legitimately be a top guy in the industry. Where as Mizanin makes you feel like he just does his job because it's the only way he can be famous and make loads of money, trying to rip off Rock screaming a tag line at the end of every promo he cuts. He is an extremely poor man's Jericho and even saying that disrespects Chirs Jericho as Mizanin couldn't even stack up to a Chris Jericho wrestling boot imo.

·
Registered
1,164 Posts

I understand truths place in this being a conspiracy, i still don't rate miz that highly though he still comes across as forced and fake to me in some of his segments despite all the improvements promo wise and those acting lessons miz still comes across as fake to me just something that annoys me about him he's not very convincing.

·
Registered
2,643 Posts

I've heard this "report" before, from a different source I believe. It very well may be true. All throughout that Miz/Truth recap on Raw, I was thinking, "How epic would it have been had they had the foresight and patience to incorporate this stuff into Punk's character?"

·
Providing For My Family
6,868 Posts

The Miz and R-Truth have been given CM Punks gimmick that is blatantly obvious. CM Punk seems to be making a hell of a lot less of an impact than he did when he originally did his worked shoot. CM Punk was feuding with Triple HHH and ticking him off. Now Awesome Truth are doing the same thing and are very good as part of this storyline. Not that Punk wasn't but he was getting fairly boring and repetitive with these worked shoots.

·
Banned
336 Posts

Miz and Truth actually looks like stars, but Punk.. looks like an grown up drunk monday night football fan.

·
Registered
5,247 Posts

I never saw his days with JoMo, thank God, but from what I have seen of him since late 2009 just doesn't appeal to me in any way and I do not find him to be entertaining or convincing in his role in any way shape or form. He is the most overrated guy on the roster imo.

Ryder has more wrestling industry talent in his left ass cheek than Miz could ever dream of having. As far as tools for making it to the top of the business go, Ryder has more of them than Mizanin does. If Ryder lost his broski gimmick tomorrow and was made to serious up he'd be even more entertaining than he is now. Ryder has the ring skills, the size, a unique look, excellent facial expressions, the passion, the work ethic and the charisma to legitimately be a top guy in the industry. Where as Mizanin makes you feel like he just does his job because it's the only way he can be famous and make loads of money, trying to rip off Rock screaming a tag line at the end of every promo he cuts. He is an extremely poor man's Jericho and even saying that disrespects Chirs Jericho as Mizanin couldn't even stack up to a Chris Jericho wrestling boot imo.
Thankfully whether he appeals to you or not is pretty much irrelevant, because that is possibly the worst post i've ever read in my life and that's saying a whole lot. If Mcmahon is behind him then fair enough, because there is no reason why he shouldn't be as the audience has reacted extremely well to him and that's the only thing that really matters in this business. If there is one thing you couldn't question about The Miz it's his dedication and love for for the business, it's The Miz, if you really think he's "Only in it to be on TV" then i don't know what to say to you.

Oh and just so you know, The Rock wasn't the first person to end his promo's with a tagline

·
Registered
1,022 Posts

That's why the storyline is a failure. Punk was a credible outsider, not Miz.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts