Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...r_WWE_Working_with_MLB_TV_Network_Budget.html

- WWE is working with MLB.TV on the WWE Network to prevent problems with their online streams going down as viewership increases.

- Regarding the Network, the new annual budget for the project is reportedly $50 million or just under $50 million.

- While CM Punk vs. Brock Lesnar isn't nominated for the Match of the Year Slammy Award, a lot of people within WWE believe it was the company's best match of the year. The match wasn't nominated because Punk can't have a better match with Lesnar than Triple H did and Punk vs. The Undertaker had to be listed.

Source: F4Wonline.com

·
Zombo
8,768 Posts
Re: Backstage News On WWE's Match Of The Year + WWE Working With MLB.TV + Network Bud

"The match wasn't nominated because Punk can't have a better match with Lesnar than Triple H did"

:lmao :lmao :lmao

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Re: Backstage News On WWE's Match Of The Year + WWE Working With MLB.TV + Network Bud

I'm not a Punk fan but that's some bullshit. That Lesnar/Punk match was fucking OUTSTANDING. HHH/Lesnar at WrestleMania was trash and their rematch was SLIGHTLY better, so it was trash with a hint of febreeze.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts

Eh, not really buying it. We all know Triple H had to be on the list. I just think they didn't want to have two matches with Lesnar on it, since Lesnar was the only guy he foought this year they went with HHH/Lesnar.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts

In what universe were any of the HHH/Lesnar matches even close to Punk/Lesnar in terms of quality? HHH and Lesnar had zero ring chemistry together. If they had left it at SummerSlam 2012 with Brock going over, that would have been fine. Dragging it out and wasting 2 more of Lesnar's limited matches was disgraceful. HHH feeding his ego, trying to remain relevant as a competitor.

·
"Night's Watch! With Me!"
8,030 Posts

That slammy part sounds like bullshit. I think it's more of not wanting to have the same guy in more than one match. Trips only matches worth noting this year were with Brock, While Punk's had big ppv matches with Rock/Taker/Brock. Of course Punk/Brock is better than Trips/Brock (either one), but Punk's match with Taker was everyone's MOTY candidate before summerslam, so it's let's not act like he's putting a random Punk/Ryback match from Raw as a choice.

Please, let the OH MAI GAWD DIS GUIZE EGO!!1!1!!! nonsense continue...

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts

I don't believe the story personally, but even if it was true - that Punk/Taker match was MotY quality as well. The only matches this year you could truly argue are better then the Punk/Taker match are Cena/Bryan, Cena/Punk from Raw & Lesnar/Punk from Summerslam.

·
Premium Member
4,216 Posts

I don't know if the dirtsheets are trolling at this point or if HHH really is this much of a pathetic man child that can't do "what's best for business" and step away from his fake tough guy "DA GAME" persona.

·
Premium Member
5,839 Posts

Only thing memorable about HHH/Lesnar was the burn marks that showed on HHH under his green lighting in his entrance :lmao

:HHH

·
Banned
13,572 Posts

What a crock of shit report lol. Not True at all

·
Banned
460 Posts

Who gives a fuck? The slammy's don't mean shit, they're merely there to advance storylines and try and pop a rating once a year with something different to the regular crap

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts

I don't believe this story, Its like this report is trying too hard to capitalize on the hate HHH gets online. IMO the real reason Punk/Lesnar isn't up here is because of the fact that they didn't want Punk to have two nomination with Punk/Taker as well. Which is probably the same reason Cena/Bryan isn't up here either, because they don't want Cena to have two nominations along with Cena/Rock.

Triple H can't be that dumb to think his match with Lesnar at ER was any thing extraordinary. Their match at SummerSlam last year was 10 times better.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.