Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE Hall of Famer Edge was brought to Detroit, Michigan for last night’s WWE RAW Supershow so he and company officials could negotiate his new contract.

As noted before, WWE had previously offered Edge a new contract and were upset that the news leaked about his deal coming to an end. Word going around is that WWE tried to lowball Edge on the new contract they offered him before he came to Detroit this week. No word yet on how negotiations went last night.

To get an idea of how bad WWE tried low-balling Edge, Shawn Michaels makes around $300,000 a year under his contract with WWE and **** Foley makes a “little less.” It’s said that Edge wasn’t even offered close to what Foley makes.

Source: PWInsider

·
Si
915 Posts
Michaels makes $300,000 a year for doing next to nothing and FCW talent barely get $25,000. Seems fair.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Damm, $300,000 a year for doing F all.

Pretty good if you ask me. i guess that is mostly for license rights to continue using his name, selling merch etc.

Not a bad pension scheme...

·
The legend never dies
4,391 Posts
damn hbk makes 300,000 just to show up and do segements sounds pretty good money to me

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
Well if they are willing to pay that much to have Michaels and Foley stay in good terms with the WWE and not go to TNA, then Edge should ask the same. The three of them aren't stupid for requesting that much money, the WWE is stupid for paying it. I'd ask for that too if I were them.

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
It's funny how that thread talking about his contract expiring got closed and locked with the reasoning being he'd signed a legends contract, but it's actually his legends contract that is expiring!

I hope he hangs around as his promo last night showed how far ahead of most on the roster he is in terms of mic work. Could really teach some guys a thing or two.

·
Banned
966 Posts
Really, and how would you know this exactly?

Do you work for WWE and TNA? Because you seem to 'know' all the exact little details that go on in both companies.
As
that
is
how
WWE
contracts
have
always
been
structured

That is what Vince and WWE means when they say they offer opportunities. This isnt privileged knowledge.

Michaels makes that?
He likely makes more than that.

·
Banned
966 Posts
That's pathetic, Michaels doesn't do shit for the majority of the year, and Foley is actually trying to get on tv and make use of himself, but Edge is getting shit and he was actually forced to retire.
Again I don't think you understand WWE contracts.

Anyway Shawn does "do shit" he makes TV & PPV appearances, sells merchandise, appears in Video games and his matches for sale on a multitude of DVDs.

·
Heroes For Hire
15,425 Posts
Again I don't think you understand WWE contracts.

Anyway Shawn does "do shit" he makes TV & PPV appearances, sells merchandise, appears in Video games and his matches for sale on a multitude of DVDs.
He barely makes TV & PPV appearences, Shawn's appearances with WWE would be considered a paid by appearance type of deal if it wasn't for him still having a contract.

·
Banned
966 Posts
He barely makes TV & PPV appearences, Shawn's appearances with WWE would be considered a paid by appearance type of deal if it wasn't for him still having a contract.
I fail to see the point your making here.

Shawn's Mania payoff probably equal or exceed his downside.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
The first offer is always low. It will be interesting to see how much they actually give him/that is, if it even gets reported. I could've sworn that HBK was making more than that in his downside guarantee.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
I'm assuming that they pay Shawn Michaels to prevent him working for the competition in some capacity; they're basically keeping him on contract so that he isn't tempted by a big payday from any competition.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts