Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe...ow_More_on_Daniel_Bryan_and_the_Mid-card.html

- Big Show is main eventing WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view with Randy Orton because there's a renewed effort within WWE to put larger or bigger wrestlers in the spotlight. This is the reason for Show being pushed and why we've seen more of Luke Harper and The Great Khali lately.

There's a feeling that Daniel Bryan was on top for a few months and WWE's pay-per-view buyrates have been down during that period. The feeling among upper management is that Bryan isn't a larger than life wrestler and that's what fans want. They feel a guy like Bryan should be on the mid-card having great matches.

Source: PWInsider
not sure about that because I remember reading Big Show vs Orton was always the plan for SS & TLC back in September

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
Reason Why The Big Show Is Being Pushed Now Instead of Daniel Bryan

Big Show is main eventing WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view with Randy Orton because there's a renewed effort within WWE to put larger or bigger wrestlers in the spotlight. This is the reason for Show being pushed and why we've seen more of Luke Harper and The Great Khali lately.

There's a feeling that Daniel Bryan was on top for a few months and WWE's pay-per-view buyrates have been down during that period. The feeling among upper management is that Bryan isn't a larger than life wrestler and that's what fans want. They feel a guy like Bryan should be on the mid-card having great matches.
http://www.ringsidenews.com/article...-is-being-pushed-now-instead-of-daniel-bryan/
http://www.pwmania.com/backstage-ne...w-latest-on-daniel-bryans-status#.Unzzuvm-2So

·
my socks are wet
2,971 Posts
Re: Reason Why The Big Show Is Being Pushed Now Instead of Daniel Bryan

Such horseshit. Well when they get the buyrates back from Survivor Series, they'll know that big guys aren't changing shit.

I'm about to start a fucking petition that says "no more horse shit. Give people what they really want, not what you think we fucking want"

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

I don't believe this article. Any idiot in the back can see that Bryan is the most over guy in the company

·
Premium Member
1,774 Posts

Big Show was always going to get some match time with the authority since he started reluctantly obeying them. His current "push" is months in the making.

·
Premium Member
8,294 Posts
"not what the fans want", easily the most over wrestler for six months straight.

I'm all for more Harper though. WWE better get it right on this one. I'm so sick of seeing guys bounce around the card. For the love of god, just pick a new guy and stick with him until he's cemented. Harper is already good enough.

·
Registered
854 Posts
So basically, WWE is in a defcon-1 panic state, in which they've decided to go back to what worked for them in the 80's/90's?

It doesn't take a keen eye to see that Big Show vs. Randy Orton will be really, really bad..
The only reason Big Show got some interesting matches out of Sheamus last year, is because Sheamus is beastly brawler, Randy's way too slow and methodical to get a good match out of an even slower athlete.

I foresee a lot of fuckery coming our way, and the worst WM revenue they will have ever had.

1 - 20 of 213 Posts