Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Word coming out of WrestleMania 31 Week is that WWE officials are planning major changes for the Divas division going forward. There's a lot of talk that WWE is about to change how the Divas are portrayed.

The "#GiveDivasAChance" movement reportedly opened a lot of eyes within WWE in regards to how the Divas are booked. In addition, the success of Total Divas has made some WWE officials feel that they need to do more with their female competitors.

There's a feeling that they present the Diva personalities so strong on E! but when new fans that are made through Total Divas tune into regular WWE programming, they're not seeing the same portrayal that they see on Total Divas. WWE officials are looking to fix this so they don't lose potential viewers in the coming months.
http://www.pwpix.net/inside/headlines/429593820.php

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
"Opened their eyes"?

Am I supposed to believe that the people who book this shit had no fucking clue what was going on or will I continue to believe that they are doing it on purpose? Don't know which option is worse.

Also, @ LOL. Going to get negged by the usual TD marks but really, "strong personalities"? The show is such a joke sometimes with it's storylines and the ones who are really personal and feel like they have actual connection to the Divas, are deal with in the shittiest way.

Waiting to see so I can believe.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Good for them, I guess. Pretty crazy to think this might happen when just a few years ago they gave us NXT Season 3.

·
Fearless University Graduate
17,461 Posts
For me this translates to Total Divas will continued to be pushed, every other diva will be fodder.
Most of the Divas are on TD anyway. Only Emma whose a jobber, Naomi who still gets featured heavily for a Diva and AJ Lee who gets megapushed aren't on the show. TD gives the girls some more exposure and led to people like the Usos and Tyson Kidd getting pushes. Even Titus O'Neal gets to show a lot of personality on the show.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
"Opened their eyes"?

Am I supposed to believe that the people who book this shit had no fucking clue what was going on or will I continue to believe that they are doing it on purpose? Don't know which option is worse.

Waiting to see so I can believe.
My thoughts exactly

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Most of the Divas are on TD anyway. Only Emma whose a jobber, Naomi who still gets featured heavily for a Diva and AJ Lee who gets megapushed aren't on the show. TD gives the girls some more exposure and led to people like the Usos and Tyson Kidd getting pushes. Even Titus O'Neal gets to show a lot of personality on the show.
What about when Charlotte, Sasha & Bayley get brought up(probably this year)?
Sasha & Bayley to me seem quite private people so I can't imagine them wanting to be on TD and they can't have Charlotte on because her husband is in TNA and don't think WWE will want him highlighted.

·
Registered
378 Posts
,I thought Naoni wasnt on TD anymore. Neither Summer.

·
Banned
8,175 Posts
I hope now WWE use the divas properly

·
17,461 Posts
What about when Charlotte, Sasha & Bayley get brought up(probably this year)?
Sasha & Bayley to me seem quite private people so I can't imagine them wanting to be on TD and they can't have Charlotte on because her husband is in TNA and don't think WWE will want him highlighted.
They very well might be put on the show, Paige was supposedly this super private anti-Diva, yet she's happily on it and as big a Diva as any of them.

,I thought Naoni wasnt on TD anymore. Neither Summer.
I mentioned Naomi and forgot about Summer.

·
Banned
10,735 Posts
They very well might be put on the show, Paige was supposedly this super private anti-Diva, yet she's happily on it and as big a Diva as any of them.
I don't watch Total Divas (and I say that with pride) but from what I heard on a certain wrestling podcast, Paige is basically on the show to troll and make fun of the other divas

·
17,461 Posts
So much for major changes. We've just returned to the status quo of Super AJ Wins LOL. Depressing. She's not the only Diva on the roster.

I don't watch Total Divas (and I say that with pride) but from what I heard on a certain wrestling podcast, Paige is basically on the show to troll and make fun of the other divas
She's still on the show though, acting like a teenage girl, but she's there.

No reason the next crop cant be.

·
Registered
16 Posts
"There's a lot of talk that WWE is about to change how the Divas are portrayed."

Isn't it easier to change some of the "divas", i.e. replace them

1 - 20 of 39 Posts