Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
According to Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE still has no plans to push Cesaro, despite the audience’s support of him. Vince McMahon does not see Cesaro as a major star for the company, even if Cesaro enjoys a certain level of popularity. The situation is said to be similar to that of Dolph Ziggler, who has seemed ready to be pushed hard several times, only to have the decision stopped for various reasons. WWE seems to have just gotten tired of considering pushing Cesaro and is not likely to try again in the near future.

Cesaro has been performing on the main WWE roster since 2012 and has held a variety of titles in his career, including the United States Title and six Tag Team Titles. He has primarily been known as a tag team wrestler though, including partnerships with Kane, Jack Swagger and Sheamus among others. Over the years Cesaro has seemed primed for a major push multiple times, including winning the inaugural Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania 30, but his singles run never completely took off.
Source: https://wrestlingrumors.net/tommyhall/not-now-maybe-never-cesaro-not-likely-get-push-anytime-soon-simple-reason/

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
This is nothing new. Cesaro should go back to his old attire or change something about himself. His new look isn't helping and he would be better in NXT at this point.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Cesaro hasn't been over or popular in years.

That being said, "gotten tired of considering pushing him", lolwut? Why not stop considering and actually do it ffs?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I am sorry but even though he is pretty good in the ring..the guy barely gets a pop when he comes out. We all know that is something WWE looks at so this is not surprising

·
Registered
394 Posts
Well to be fair they had multiple attempts to make him a star. They paired him
With hayman right after he won the Andre battle royal, even gave him the IC title right after .

They later tried with the Swiss Superman thing and the James Bond entrance tried to make him like Jason satham.

The thing is the guy is bland and no matter what they give him, he never sounds convincing and doesn’t have the ability to convincingly carry himself or a feud or a gimmick.

You can only do so much As far as booking and the guy just doesn’t seem to be able to carry himself like a star unless he is part of a tag team

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Although whenever a story like this comes out, usually the opposite happens. So watch Cesaro get a push.

·
Angry at refs
2,837 Posts
"WWE seems to have just gotten tired of considering pushing Cesaro"

I'm sorry, what? You're tired about THINKING of pushing a guy you're yet to give a proper push? Meanwhile, they'll push someone who doesn't connect at all 50x. Holy shit, WWE still seems to amaze me with their stupidity.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,769 Posts
This is absolutly not a "NEWS". This is just another example of the typical crap WOR is doing: spreading things as news, which people already know.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,959 Posts
This has been brought up before, We know Cesaro isn't receiving a major push anytime soon, Anyone been paying attention lately? The guy is a solid hand in the Midcard and though I could say there are other heavily pushed talents that are lacking in certain areas, Charisma being the biggest accusation, Cesaro is simply short of what a star should be.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
No one is really surprised by this, and it doesn't seem that Cesaro cares either way. I know some people hate this but he is the type of talent "that's happy to do whatever" and if that's losing to a guy who in Saudi Arabia, working tapings of Main Event, wrestling in NXT UK etc.. He happily does it. Doesn't seem like a overly ambitious guy (maybe i'm wrong on that) and just wants to wrestle. If he's not happy don't sign another contract as plenty of places to go now, I personally said that he's a lifer for WWE and probably end up a coach in the performance center.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts