Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
I DIDN"T ASK FOR THIS
13,357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Backstage_News_on_Who_Is_Against_WWE_Signing_Davey_Richards_Eddie_Edwards_and_Why.html

- There has been no deal offered to Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards but signing them is an ongoing discussion within WWE. People within the company are pushing for them to be signed or at least be given a more in-depth look in NXT.

Other people, mainly Triple H, is against signing them because he and others feel that WWE has signed enough indy style guys. The feeling is that they have met their quota when it comes to that kind of wrestler to they need to start looking for more larger than life characters so WWE doesn't end up with such a one-dimensional roster.

Source: PWInsider

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Re: Backstage News on Who Is Against WWE Signing Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards and W

Not surprised that HHH is against it, but I can also see his point.

·
Registered
16,455 Posts
Re: Backstage News on Who Is Against WWE Signing Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards and W

I see where Trips is coming from, its good to have some indy stars in the WWE but we need some really capable big guys now, just to balance the odds.

·
Registered
439 Posts

If WWE seriously runs on quotas then they are idiotic, just try pushing people who are talented and can get themselves over dumbarses

Reactions: Stanford

·
Registered
560 Posts

I find myself actually agreeing with Triple H. They need to try and find another Lesnar type guy, however impossible that may be.

·
THE ONE.
5,323 Posts

Yeah I can't say I disagree with HHH, They need the next Rock/Cena rather than the next Punk/Bryan.

·
Banned
859 Posts

^@younggun uk agreed

·
NO PAIN!
5,277 Posts

Agreed they have Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk. They don't need any more of those type guys, they already have the best there is to offer on the indie scene with those 4. Richards and Edwards can't compare with any of those guys, they need larger than life guys who can also work there asses off. Easier said than done, but they have to keep trying.

·
Come sweet death, one last caress.
9,649 Posts

I actually agree with Triple H. They already have great indie talents. Right now, it would be much better to elaborate on them and make them stars than hiring others.

·
Banned
93 Posts

WWE should sign both of them and send them to NXT so Bill DeMott and Billy Gunn can bully and humiliate them on a daily basis. In NXT Davey Richards will be given the nickname Vivian. He will be made to wear a skirt, eye liner and badly applied lipstick. In promo class he will have to stand in front of his peers everyday and tell them how much of a dirty, skanky little tramp he is. After 18 months of this he will be future endeavored.

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts

If this is true you've gotta understand where HHH is coming from. You want a diverse roster.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,147 Posts

It's not like either guy actually has a chance of doing anything in WWE so I really don't care that they aren't going there.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

Why waste the time and money, they are just going to be mid-card filler anyway. We already have enough of those.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts

I totally understand Triple H's point but Davey... :(

·
Banned
356 Posts

HHH has to be the worst judge of talent in WWE history next to John L. Having your career in the hands of an insecure egomaniac who never even had a "larger than life" character himself must be brutal.

·
Registered
11,721 Posts

Agreed they have Cesaro, Sami Zayn, Daniel Bryan, and CM Punk. They don't need any more of those type guys
why did you lump cesaro in with zayn and punk just because he worked the indies?? cesaro is tall, great build and strongest pound for pound guy on the roster.

how many wrestlers currently do wwe have on their roster that are 6'3-6'5, 230-260lb ripped and decent workers...probably a dozen or more and i bet that won't stop them signing another dozen of the same type within the next 5 years

·
Christmas (Baby Please Come Home)
6,866 Posts

And this is why I trust Triple H when he takes over completely. He seems to have a great eye for the business.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts