Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
2,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Firefly Fun House match from Night Two of WrestleMania 36 will go down as one of the most bizarre WWE matches in history. The match served as the co-main event of Night Two and saw "The Fiend" Bray Wyatt defeat John Cena.

The match was reportedly put together by three main people - Bruce Prichard, Wyatt and Cena, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.

The match was put together by Prichard and Wyatt for the most part. It was noted that a lot of changes were then made to what they came up with, by Cena.

There's no word yet on what sort of changes Cena made to the match Prichard and Wyatt came up with, but it was said that Cena's changes were supposedly for the better.

I bet it was Cena's idea to put "such a good shit" line on the match.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Most of Cenas changes probably had to do with incorporating actual things he feared. Probably also his idea to say his promos in a way that they could be used against him.

·
Registered
54 Posts
If you try put logic and reason into it then it’s not going to sit right

if you can just switch off and be entertained it was fantastic

·
Registered
3,780 Posts
It was laziness. I can see how Cena tried to make it better, but you could tell it was a sloppy draft.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
That was just plain outright awful and total garbage.. I suppose it served the purpose of having Cena on the show and him probably not being in a position to take many bumps due to Hollywood... But then again, most of Bray's matches are bad so maybe this is the best they could come up with!

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
So.. Wyatt came up with the idea, and Cena tried to salvage it just a little. Makes sense, only Wyatt could come up with something that stupid.

·
Registered
506 Posts
And they did an outstanding job, that was a 5 star segment from start to finish. Just awesome to watch.
Exactly. Segment.

For what it was, it was unique, that's for sure. It wasn't a "match" though, it was an extended promo.

It entertained me, it was creative, it was different. BUT, it seemed like a (very) good promo to set up a match, not a match itself.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's astounding that a modern day Dungeon of Doom segment is being so positively received.

·
Registered
4,729 Posts
Bray is a damn genius. And good for Cena for going all in with it. Just a brilliant segment. Can’t call it a match but one of the best things we’ve seen on WWE tv in a long time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts