Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 79 of 79 Posts

·
I'm Sa-Sa-Sleepy, boff!
3,375 Posts
I enjoy Adam Rose and his character, but the WWE needs to look at the writers who came up with this gimmick. It's not his fault he is bombing, if they thought this gimmick would get over they're nuts.

·
Registered
7 Posts
After hearing about how over Adam Rose was on Raw. (Read Spoilers). He'll make a great transitional person for IC & US Titles. Would love to see him be so good for like a year or two at the Adam Rose gimmick and then like all of a sudden get serious and be a serious wrestler with the Leo Kruger gimmick. Brand Split lol, Adam Rose on Raw. Kruger on Smackdown.

The Usos are amazing. I was surprised that they never won the Tag Titles for so long. I actually would like to see The Usos drop the title for 3 months. Recapture them Keep the titles for 2 months. Drop them for 2 months. Capture the titles for 2 months. Drop the titles for 2 months. Until they are like the 20x Tag Team Champs. That is how they should push them. They don't have to do it like I said but having Usos be the major tag team for a good 7 years or 10 years would be amazing. I'm pretty much guessing the year amount right now lol

·
Premium Member
262 Posts
Not at all surprised about that reaction regarding AR. I found nothing remotely interesting about his promo or gimmick.

Happy for the Usos. They deserve all the attention and recognition they're getting in the tag division.

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
Adam Rose's gimmick is goofy, but somewhat enjoyable. However, he's getting about as much of a positive reaction from the fans as one should expect with a gimmick like his.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
They need to have Rose do more than just come out and dance have him WRESTLE on a shock horror wrestling show
Hey buddy, this isn't wrestling. It's sports entertainment.

:vince2

·
Registered
423 Posts
I just don't see the appeal in the Uso's.
I haven't like them since they were jobbers.
I don't know,they just don't click with me.

·
Registered
361 Posts
I like the Usos. They're actually pretty charismatic. What I don't like is their title run. It's been extremely bland. Not only because they've crushed every single heel tag team since winning the titles, but because no other tag team looks like a threat. Rybaxel just lost to Sheamus. The Brotherhood is done. Real Americans ended some time ago. We haven't even seen NAO wrestle. Los Matadores are a joke. 3MB is a joke. The Shield won't go anywhere near the titles.

So, all you've got left is Luke Harper and Erick Rowan. They've been made to look utterly useless without Bray and I doubt that changes any time soon.

Seriously, at least the Usos cut some promos from time to time.

And Adam Rose is a fine gimmick. The problem isn't the gimmick itself, as no one expects it to be a WHC gimmick. The problem is the build. He hasn't shown us anything yet. Wacky gimmicks are made by the wrestling/action. Goldust, Eugene, Crash Holly, Boogeyman, 2Cool, etc. These guys could get over because they came in and delivered. The gimmick was just sauce on top of the steak.

·
Premium Member
2,486 Posts
It's only been a few months since they launched the Network, NXT talents will get more over initially down the line but many many WWE fans didn't know anything about Paige, Rose etc. until Arrival. Paige will be fine, Rose is a stupid/fun gimmick but it's wack as hell at the same time. I like it, but I know it's terrible - if that makes sense. They can't expect it to be taken seriously.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Adam Rose is a fun character

I see him as a midcard forever type of guy but there's nothing really wrong with that

Razor Ramon wasn't a maineventer and yet people hold him higher than the Miz who won a WWE title

WWE needs midcarders with character badly and Adam Rose is there to kickstart it. Maybe he'll be the Too Cool of the Reality Era

·
F*ck off I'm drinking
5,659 Posts
It's only been a few months since they launched the Network, NXT talents will get more over initially down the line but many many WWE fans didn't know anything about Paige, Rose etc. until Arrival. Paige will be fine, Rose is a stupid/fun gimmick but it's wack as hell at the same time. I like it, but I know it's terrible - if that makes sense. They can't expect it to be taken seriously.
This imo, what were they expecting? Probably thought everybody in the crowd would dance when he makes his entrance, shows you what they think about their audience :lol

Its a stupid/fun gimmick for an acceptable undercard guy, let him do his thing and don't worry about it.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,780 Posts
Happy for the Usos. Looking forward to this new feud to come. Might actually be the Wyatts seeing as they're protecting Cena quite a bit.

As for Adam? Vince had better luck with Fandango before they fucked him right to death. Leo had a lot more promise, and I was actually waiting on that gimmick tbh, but whatever, I haven't given up on Rose just yet, but it seems like the future for this gimmick is strongly questionable atm if these reports are true.

It's the second one too.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Adam Rose will go the way of Fandango.. WWE will try to force him down the crowds throat next week in the typical inorganic way they try and force things to happen (remember Lawler trying to lead the crowd in Fandangoing?), and it will go over like a fart in church.

He'll be doing backstage comedy skits with Santino in a few months and will LOSE the random indie wrestlers he comes to the ring with, because WWE won't want to pay their appearance fees anymore for a jobber entrance.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I think they pulled the trigger on Rose too soon, his character was on NXT for a month or so wasnt it?

61 - 79 of 79 Posts