Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that former NXT head coach Bill DeMott has left WWE, some stories are starting to come out about him. One has to do with the NXT Takeover: R Evolution event that took place back in December. DeMott was the agent for Kevin Owens' debut against CJ Parker.

The match we saw was the one that the three worked out. Between not liking Owens, the big guy, doing a flip dive and not wanting so many moves in the opening match, DeMott did not like the match.

Owens reportedly complained to Triple H about the match and Triple H just said to let Owens do what he wants. This led to a lot of jealousy due to Triple H's talents that he's trying to build NXT around being able to do what they want while everyone else is micro-managed and told not to wrestle the indie style matches that get over.

source: lordsofpain.net
Wow :lol. Well that explains why we don't see a lot of suplexes or innovative cool moves in the main roster matches. No wonder the main roster is so pissed after each NXT Special.

I'm going to take a wild guess and say Kevin Dunn minimizes what people do on RAW/Smackdown/PPVs, since it seems like something that buck-toothed pedo would do.

·
Banned
9,176 Posts
I always assumed they were limiting move palettes on Raw and SD.
There is no way in hell someone like Daniel Bryan would limit himself to this degree voluntarily.

·
Banned
158 Posts
Well this is extremely obvious.

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
We knew that for years.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
I understand banning moves that could cause injuries but for fuck's sake, let these guys go out and wrestle. Not everyone gets gassed within 5 mins and has to have several rest holds to catch their breath like DA LOOK. You'd think these dumbasses would want fans to be alive during matches but I guess getting over is the worst thing you could do.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
First of all, this report is partially bullshit. If anyone is allowed to go past the "micro-managed" (wrong wording btw) movesets of the WWE it's the entire NXT cast. Not just the BIG FIVE (use that. NXT 5 implies they deserve it. The irony behind the BIG FIVE is better.).

You have Brian Kendrick coming back doing a fucking Dragon Suplex on Finn Balor and almost breaking his neck like a sloppy attempt at some Kenta Kobashi style Puro suplexes, and you have Sasha Banks driving knees into Charlotte's back where she could fuck up some vertebrae in her spine.

There are some other things you can use as an example but these two come to mind.

Anyway, is it entirely problematic? Hardly. I don't want WWE matches to "evolve" (used loosely) into some ridiculous Japanese wannabe match with a heap of neck-landed suplexes, stiff kicks and shit that al these indie/puro wrestlers seem to be fucking smitten with.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ok, it seems like its not just the NXT Five that can get away with this. I mean, we all saw that Fatal Four Way Women's match at Takeover with Sasha and Charlotte doing dives through the ropes. So if anything, its all of the NXT roster that gets a chance to do pretty much what they want with their matches (pending approval obviously).

Besides, I'm sure this is hardly a surprise to anyone. Most of us have seen the leaked RAW scripts and how micro-managed it is. Nothing new.

·
Registered
8,361 Posts
Do they really hate our taste that fucking much? They should do an experiment, a Raw where everyone is told, do what you want, go out there and do what you want and we'll see if you really have got what it takes.

It's what we want to see as fans, it excites us to see exciting matches, people will get over but it won't be on huge levels, it could instil a level of respect for some performers that we perhaps don't have any for atm.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A certain amount of this is necessary. You can't have everyone doing powerbombs in every match if it's a *insert star here* signature move.

You can't have guys doing flips over the top rope every match. It wears the crowd out.
:draper2

It happened back in the Ruthless Agression era when the likes of Rey, Jeff Hardy, RVD, Angle, Lesnar, etc. were all doing spot, Spots, and more SPOTS in every segment of every show. People seem to cherish that era as the best era for in-ring wrestling, so I don't see the problem.

1 - 20 of 141 Posts