Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are from an article from last year so I'm sure a lot have you have already seen it and heard most of the stories, but here are a few interesting ones for those who haven't.

Great Khali & Big Show

'Khali and Big Show were verbally arguing for several minutes before Big Show decided to throw the first punch, however he tripped over someone's bag and fell to the ground. Khali jumped on Show and the two began fighting on the ground, with Khali apparently in clear control before the fight was broken up".
Booker T & Batista

"Booker T's victory in the fight with Batista has earn him extra lockerroom respect. One source stated that Booker T dominated Batista due to having more street fighting experience.

Booker T did take a very personal verbal shot at Batista, however, one source said that it did not come until the situation became very heated. No one blames Booker T for what he did, as the general feeling backstage is that Batista has become very arrogant since wining the World Title.

The latest on the Booker T-Batista fight at the commercial shoot for Summerslam 2006 is that it was real. Batista's face was apparently cut up after the incident with Booker T having a black eye that was visible on SmackDown! last week. A close friend of Batista informed everyone it was a work, but many speculate it is just so Batista can save face since Booker T was the clear winner of the fight.

Batista was supposedly rubbing people the wrong way while talking about how SmackDown!'s ratings has dropped since he's been gone and basically making it like he was the only attraction on SmackDown! The SmackDown! locker room has always had heat on Batista since Batista did interviews where he would be praising the RAW show and putting down SmackDown! to great lengths. Many have gone so far as to say that JBL sand-bagged his three matches with Batista as a way of paying him back for the insults. Batista did hang out with Eddie Guerrero backstage shortly before his death and that won him over some friends, but the fact that Batista thinks he's a star as big as The Rock or Steve Austin doesn't help matters. Batista does not carry himself backstage like Triple H or The Undertaker, but he does act superior to midcard veterans who have yet to receive a main-event opportunity as he did".
Rick Rude & Ultimate Warrior

During the Ultimate Warrior/Rick Rude program, Rude came back after the match and asked Warrior to "lighten up" a bit. Warrior got right in Rude's face and said, "I don't have to, because I'm the Warrior." Rude knocked him silly with one punch and walked away.

Chris Jericho & Bill Goldberg
"Goldberg mouthed off to Nash about Jericho, stemming from their real-life feud in WCW years back. Word got to Jericho what Goldberg said, and he confronted him about it. Seconds later, they were rolling around on the ground (violently, not lovingly, you jokesters). Jericho reportedly had him in a front face lock. It was broken up before any punches really landed. Jericho was quite the hero for this, with Hurricane reportedly being his biggest mark. Don't these guys know their fights will be broken up right away? Knowing that, even I'd pick a fight with Goldberg just to look brave for 2 seconds. Both guys ended up shaking hands when it was over".

Undertaker & HBK
Austin, McMahon, Undertaker and Michaels were in a meeting with other officials planning the WWE's strategy going forward. Apparently, leading up to WMXIV, the idea was for HBK to drop the strap to Austin, which HBK initially rejected. At this point Undertaker began to tape his fists methodically. The Deadman told HBK that it was advisable that he, HBK, change his mind about doing the job by the time that he, Undertaker, finished taping his fists or he will MAKE HBK change his mind the hard way. WINNER: WWE and WWE fans because Austin went on to become one of the biggest stars in wrestling history during the Attitude era.

Undertaker & Paul White

When the Big Show first started off with the WWE he would go around the backstage and disrespect his fellow wrestlers story goes that The Undertaker went up to the Big show and told him to shut his mouth or he will shut it for him ever since then Show has stood clear from The Deadman.

Kurt Angle & Vince Mcmahon

Not really a fight, but yet another Angle skirmish. On an airplane, Vince jokingly reminded Angle that he was the only person to take him down. Angle decided to have a little fun, and promptly took Vince down in the aisle. For the rest of the flight, Vince would try to take Angle down at any opportunity he had. During one altercation, the noise woke up a sleeping Undertaker, who either not knowing who was wrestling with Vince, or not realizing that they were just messing around, grabbed Angle from behind, and choked him out.

Kane Deadlifts the Most

There are stories circulating the web that between 2000-2003 right before Kane tore his bicep he was considered the strongest wrestler in a lock room which consisted of Mark Henry, Big Show, HHH and a lot of other able participants.

The story goes that all the wrestlers were competing with one another to determine who could dead lift the most amount of weight. It has been said that Kane lifted close to 900lbs that’s close to Mark Henry’s 1 ton dead lift in 2003 at the Arnold Classic, if the story is true then Kane is a king amongst men in the lockeroom.

Anybody know any other similar stories?

·
Hot Dreams!
4,098 Posts
I don't have a source readily available, but i do recall an incident Shawn Michaels described during his RF shoot interview. He spoke about how he and Bret reached a boiling point backstage due to all the " Sunny days" and familly cheap shots, they ended up fighting in the dressing room which resulted in Bret ripping a chunk of HBK's hair out. The entire story has to be heard, it's a weird one.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I've heard HHH roughed up Sid vicious backstage pretty bad during a RAW show in 1998. There was a big list of all these stories on a website but i cant find it right now.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
I don't have a source readily available, but i do recall an incident Shawn Michaels described during his RF shoot interview. He spoke about how he and Bret reached a boiling point backstage due to all the " Sunny days" and familly cheap shots, they ended up fighting in the dressing room which resulted in Bret ripping a chunk of HBK's hair out. The entire story has to be heard, it's a weird one.
That was their real life backstage fight in Hartford in June or July of 1997 which came about because Shawn Michaels felt Bret Hart had deliberately made him look bad when Bret Hart was cutting a promo on Shawn Michaels in a wheelchair but went on for so long they went off air for it. Shawn Michaels went backstage and Bruce Pritchard told Shawn Michaels it didn't make it on air so Shawn Michaels did the famous "Sunny Days" promo the following week to get his own back but Bret Hart was furious and didn't speak to Shawn Michaels for three weeks.

After not speaking for three weeks Bret Hart went backstage whilst Shawn Michaels was changing and went to talk to Shawn Michaels but Shawn Michaels cut him off and said something like "you haven't spoke to me for three weeks and now you want to so no" so Bret Hart went. Later on Bret Hart had become furious about being cut off earlier and pushed Shawn Michaels in the locker room and said "what's your fucking problem" to which Shawn Michaels replied "you" and they began brawling and went through part of the backstage set before being broken up and as they broke up Bret Hart grabbed Shawn Michaels hair and pulled a large chunk of it out, Jim Cornette claims to have had the hair and it was left with his ex wife.

The story with Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker gets blown up more and more every year as all that happened was Shawn Michaels saying he might not show up in Boston because of an argument he had been involved in with Vince McMahon. The Undertaker then told him to do whats best for business and stop thinking of himself and as for taping his hands he was still using mitts at the time as can be seen in the Undertaker/Kane match. Vince McMahon himself has said even if Shawn Michaels didn't like having to do something if Vince McMahon asked him to he would do it but would make it known he wasn't happy about it.

Sid Vicious and Arn Anderson is one that always stands out seeing as Sid Vicious stabbed Arn Anderson multiple times and was fired from WCW for it which cost him big time as he was booked to win the World title from Vader at Starrcade in 1993 which had to be changed to Flair/Vader. Scott Steiner beat up Diamond Dallas Page in WCW over Kimberley Page arguing with Sunny and i remember Nailz beating Vince McMahon up back in 1992 or 1993 which led to Nailz being fired and is why he was a star witness for the prosecution in the steroid trial of Vince McMahon. Bruiser Brody was murdered in the shower by The Invader in WWC which was/is run by the father of Carlito and Primo over Bruiser Brody refused to ever lose to anyone.

The Dynamite Kid was beat up by Jacques Rougeau who was also known as The Mountie but The Dynamite Kid was known as a bully and was fired soon after that fight. Funny ones that i have heard are Yoshi Tatsu beat up Sheamus for trying to bully others, Joey Styles knocked JBL clean out for pretty much the same and Luna Vachon putting Sunny and Sable both in their place physically because they had got way too arrogant. Before he signed with WWE if i remember rightly Ken Shamrock had a fight with Brian Knobbs of The Nasty Boys but then Jerry Sags attacked him from behind.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The story with Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker gets blown up more and more every year as all that happened was Shawn Michaels saying he might not show up in Boston because of an argument he had been involved in with Vince McMahon. The Undertaker then told him to do whats best for business and stop thinking of himself and as for taping his hands he was still using mitts at the time as can be seen in the Undertaker/Kane match. Vince McMahon himself has said even if Shawn Michaels didn't like having to do something if Vince McMahon asked him to he would do it but would make it known he wasn't happy about it.
4:53

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Not sure if true (I guess with most we will never know the truth) but I recall something about British Bulldog grabbing HBK a few days after the Montreal screwjob. It was rumoured he was unhappy with him for a few other reasons prior to this. His wife Diana was supposed to start an angle where she would secretly like Shawn and eventually get with him which would intensify their feud. Bulldog knowing what kind of guy he was went to Vince and told him to fuck off with that idea basically. Then Shawn screwed him over by convincing Vince to get him to drop the european belt to him at one night in England ppv when he was meant to retain it. When that happened the crowd almost rioted and threw crap into the ring. Then after what happened to Bret he supposedly grabbed him by the throat and pushed him up against the wall and threatened him. Again that could all be false but would make sense. Especially seeing as Vince charged him $100k to get out of his contract.

You can sense the bad blood in the ending I think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrreGO02a8E

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
All I got out of this is to never fuck with Undertaker.

Reactions: Ph3n0m

·
Registered
1,640 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Undertaker is like the BOSS backstage lol.

Reactions: Stipe Tapped

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
The story goes that all the wrestlers were competing with one another to determine who could dead lift the most amount of weight. It has been said that Kane lifted close to 900lbs that’s close to Mark Henry’s 1 ton dead lift in 2003 at the Arnold Classic, if the story is true then Kane is a king amongst men in the lockeroom.
900 lbs is less than 1/2 of a ton. A genius wrote this.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I bet a lot of those supposed fights are fabricated and/or bullshit outright. Some are true, but the Rick Rude/Warrior one I question, and I don't think Goldberg and Jericho was highly overblown.

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Mark Henry can't lift a ton :lmao

His record is like 800 something. No one in the world can lift that much.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
skeptical of rude knocking out warrior. rude was kinda slim back then, and they were working together right?

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
That was their real life backstage fight in Hartford in June or July of 1997 which came about because Shawn Michaels felt Bret Hart had deliberately made him look bad when Bret Hart was cutting a promo on Shawn Michaels in a wheelchair but went on for so long they went off air for it. Shawn Michaels went backstage and Bruce Pritchard told Shawn Michaels it didn't make it on air so Shawn Michaels did the famous "Sunny Days" promo the following week to get his own back but Bret Hart was furious and didn't speak to Shawn Michaels for three weeks.

After not speaking for three weeks Bret Hart went backstage whilst Shawn Michaels was changing and went to talk to Shawn Michaels but Shawn Michaels cut him off and said something like "you haven't spoke to me for three weeks and now you want to so no" so Bret Hart went. Later on Bret Hart had become furious about being cut off earlier and pushed Shawn Michaels in the locker room and said "what's your fucking problem" to which Shawn Michaels replied "you" and they began brawling and went through part of the backstage set before being broken up and as they broke up Bret Hart grabbed Shawn Michaels hair and pulled a large chunk of it out, Jim Cornette claims to have had the hair and it was left with his ex wife.

Sid Vicious and Arn Anderson is one that always stands out seeing as Sid Vicious stabbed Arn Anderson multiple times and was fired from WCW for it which cost him big time as he was booked to win the World title from Vader at Starrcade in 1993 which had to be changed to Flair/Vader. Scott Steiner beat up Diamond Dallas Page in WCW over Kimberley Page arguing with Sunny and i remember Nailz beating Vince McMahon up back in 1992 or 1993 which led to Nailz being fired and is why he was a star witness for the prosecution in the steroid trial of Vince McMahon. Bruiser Brody was murdered in the shower by The Invader in WWC which was/is run by the father of Carlito and Primo over Bruiser Brody refused to ever lose to anyone.

The Dynamite Kid was beat up by Jacques Rougeau who was also known as The Mountie but The Dynamite Kid was known as a bully and was fired soon after that fight. Funny ones that i have heard are Yoshi Tatsu beat up Sheamus for trying to bully others, Joey Styles knocked JBL clean out for pretty much the same and Luna Vachon putting Sunny and Sable both in their place physically because they had got way too arrogant. Before he signed with WWE if i remember rightly Ken Shamrock had a fight with Brian Knobbs of The Nasty Boys but then Jerry Sags attacked him from behind.
"Whilst".

Anyway, I stopped reading about halfway, since I was getting irritated at you spelling out each wrestlers first & last name excessively. It's ridiculous. You could just say "Shawn or Bret" for fuck's sake.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
I bet a lot of those supposed fights are fabricated and/or bullshit outright. Some are true, but the Rick Rude/Warrior one I question, and I don't think Goldberg and Jericho was highly overblown.
I'm pretty sure that one is true. Rude was known as a legit tough SOB.

As for Jericho, heres the incident from Y2J himself:

·
Banned
2,092 Posts
To question Rudes toughness shows me alot about todays so called "Wrestling fans" its like saying kobe doesnt know how to do the fade away, jesus...:no:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.