Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 211 Posts

·
Asuka
96,536 Posts
No, you didn't make a point. You stated opinions without backing them up. So I decided to debunk those in similar fashion.
If that's how you want to justify it, whatever. :shrug

That's a pretty rubbish way of looking at it. Only two wrestlers can be world champion at a time. If you have 10 great wrestlers, does that mean you have to think 8 suck because they can't be world champion? Silly logic.
Yes. And, those 8 have been world champion at other points. Joe has not. You can't tell me Joe is great and then say that he's unworthy of being the champion and should stick to being in the midcard. Joe deserves his run just like everybody else.

The paying audience cheer for him. Every single week. Then you have people on social media who have been in uproar about him not winning the title since elimination chamber. WWE doesn't draw anymore. We know this. Ratings do not mean much anymore, as no matter who is champion, they have done poor in that category for years.
If they don't draw then what the fuck does it matter if he's cheered? What about Kofi is more entertaining because people in the building are loud? It doesn't cause him to have better promos, it doesn't cause him to have better matches, it doesn't in any way make him more of an entertaining performer and it means nothing for business, so WHAT is the justification for pushing him based off cheers?

Ratings don't matter, which is what they make their money on now, tv deals, but social media, which is the most irrelevant thing on the planet, that they make no money on, and the paying fans matter even though they pay no matter what's going on or who the champion is, and the arenas are always empty on top of that? Doesn't make any sense. There are no paying fans, they tarp 3/4'ths of the arena every week and Kofi being in the title picture hasn't changed that, nor will it.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Anyone who thinks Kofi's going to hold the title longer than the next ppv is delusional.

I guarantee he'll lose it the next SD tbh lol.

Because that's just how Vinny Mac rolls.
This. Kofi is a transitional champ. This was all about getting a feel good moment at Mania, getting past the Saudi show Bryan refuses to work and getting a quick merch boost. Kofi looses the title back to Bryan via New Day heel turn next PPV. Kofi feuds with New Day and Bryan spends the summer with KO.

·
Asuka
96,536 Posts
People really debating if Kofi's worthy or not when Jinder Mahal was champion lol.

The prestige of that title is long dead.
You say that, but if Owens won it, you'd jump out of your seat. Don't even lie and say otherwise. It's still one of the only two important titles in wrestling, no matter how badly they fuck it up.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
You say that, but if Owens won it, you'd jump out of your seat. Don't even lie and say otherwise. It's still one of the only two important titles in wrestling, no matter how badly they fuck it up.
I think the only thing that'd make me jump out of my seat at this point is if Punk were to return. But I would probably tune in more. I get your point though.

·
14,514 Posts
If that's how you want to justify it, whatever. :shrug[/QUTOE]

Whatever that means :shrug

Yes. And, those 8 have been world champion at other points. Joe has not. You can't tell me Joe is great and then say that he's unworthy of being the champion and should stick to being in the midcard. Joe deserves his run just like everybody else.
I never said the 8 had been world champion though, so you've completely missed the point.

Joe is worthy. But so is Kofi. Only one could be world champion right now. And this is where your logic falls flat.

This has nothing to do with being worthy though. This is just your latest tantrum when you don't get what you want. Which is fine, as everyone watches to see what they want. But don't paint it up some moral bullshit other way. Just be straight.

If they don't draw then what the fuck does it matter if he's cheered? What about Kofi is more entertaining because people in the building are loud? It doesn't cause him to have better promos, it doesn't cause him to have better matches, it doesn't in any way make him more of an entertaining performer and it means nothing for business, so WHAT is the justification for pushing him based off cheers?
Who draws in wrestling today?

It does matter though, as it brings a far better atmosphere to segments and matches. Just look at tonight. The crowd being emotionally invested added a lot to to an alreay great match. and the aftermath. Kofi is not the strongest on the mic, but the crowd cheered after everything he said in the go home smackdown which helps the vibe.

Ratings don't matter, which is what they make their money on now, tv deals, but social media, which is the most irrelevant thing on the planet, that they make no money on, and the paying fans matter even though they pay no matter what's going on or who the champion is, and the arenas are always empty on top of that? Doesn't make any sense. There are no paying fans, they tarp 3/4'ths of the arena every week.
They just got a ridiculous contract from Fox while posting low ratings on a weekly basis. So how important are ratings really? We will see when they move to Fox, as there won't be a magical upturn, so if Fox cuts them quickly because of it, or downgrade them to another channel for less pay (if possible), then I'll retract that comment.

Social media does matter to them as they always cite it whether it be how many followers they have, or views etc. They think it makes them relevent so :shrug

·
Registered
6,139 Posts
If I remember correctly, the New Day have said that they went to Vince and flat out told him that they'd quit if he tried to break them up like that.

Anyway, the ME scene needs freshening up, and Kofi being there does that, at least it should hopefully.

·
HEADBANGA
22,138 Posts
Kofi certainly had wrestlmania moment and Bryan helped him achieve that. Honestly him winning was the best feel good moment since Bryan winning at wm30. Those moment are really few are far in between. Tuesday cant come any sooner so I can see what story they're gonna tell with the new champ!

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,653 Posts
I'm fucking stoked that Kofi Kingston finally won the WWE title :banderas

Kofi Kingston and Daniel Bryan put on one hell of a match tonight too. It's easily a MOTY candidate :drose

·
Registered
9,152 Posts
Good for Kofi. Was a great match too. Not happy his champion but at least he worked his tail off in the match. And credit to WWE for not turning it in to an overbooked mess and making it a straight up clean win. Unlike a certain other world title victory

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,736 Posts
Yeah, people should really be happy that Kofi has something that Samoa Joe will never get. I mean, really. Let's rejoice for an injustice of that magnitude.

Jesus shut the Hell up all you do is moan like a bitch. Kofi deserved that win, why you got to put a negative spin on it and make it about Joe? Joe has had great success elsewhere and has had moderate success in WWE for a non-WWE bred wrestler that is at this stage in his career.

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
FINALLY!

Years after "Guys like you don't get to be Champion".

Kofi Kingston wins the WWE Title at Wrestlemania in a 1 on 1 match cleanly.

WWE shenanigans may come quickly, but I'm going to enjoy this moment.

You can be happy for Kofi and the fact that there's one more Black World Champ without erasing King Booker and Henry's Hall of Pain like that

·
This Post Is Rated R
2,736 Posts
I'm in a thread about an untalented, uncharismatic career jobber belittling the WWE Championship. What good happened? Did Samoa Joe win the title off screen and I didn't see it? I sure as hell don't see his name in the title history, so, I say again, good things in WWE do not happen.
Kofi uncharismatic but somehow Samoa Joe is? Your personal opinion which it is don't further matter anymore. What charisma has Samoa Joe shown? besides coming out with a towel around his neck looking like he has to take a crap?

Kofi may not be amazing on the mic but he still has charisma, tons of it. And talentless? Tyrion is nothing more than a troll at this point, how sad.

·
Registered
6,456 Posts
Legit question, what's up with Kofi's chest? Seems Taker and Steiner have the same thing going on. Too much trauma to that area from wrestling? Looks very odd to me.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Good for Kofi I am happy for him.
But I just don't care for WWE title it's a joke to me ever since Jinder won it.

41 - 60 of 211 Posts