Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peer pressure is a bitch, or so I hear. I've never done something because of the pressure of a "friend" I've always found it easy to resist the urge to do something I didn't really want to do even when I was younger. But what about you guys, have you've ever fallen for peer pressure and if so what's the craziest thing someone pressured you into doing?

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
I don't think I've ever really caved into peer pressure. I do what I want to do for the most part.

That being said, people don't have to pressure me into doing something...all they have to do is get me drunk.

·
22,784 Posts
That being said, people don't have to pressure me into doing something...all they have to do is get me drunk.
*wonders how many of the guys on here will make a note of that*

:p

I tend to do or not do what I want. If my friends want to do something I have zero interest in doing, then I let them go ahead and do it and I will just do what I want to do. Doing things I don't want to do just annoys me and makes me about as fun to be around as a sharp knife in your eyeball :).

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,966 Posts
I don't think I've ever really caved into peer pressure. I do what I want to do for the most part.

Ahem.....

:cool:

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
Now kids, there is nothing cooler than being hugged by somebody you like, but if somebody touches you in a place or in a way that makes you feel uncomfortable, THATS NO GOOD! It’s your body! Nobody has the right to touch it if you don’t want them to! So what do you do? First, you say NO, then you get out of there! Most important you got to tell someone you trust like your parent, your teacher, a police officer..

at least that's what I thought the topic was about

·
Indeed
16,935 Posts
I don't really fall for peer pressure. I hang around my friends, but they do not force to do what they do. However, one day, my friend and his girlfriend wanted to prankcall her ex boyfriend, and I decided I wanted to do it since he wouldn't recognize my voice. Basically, I used a fake Indian accent and told him my name was Bob, and I had a package for him outside his house. After that, I asked for his name so the package could be correctly labeled. He was beginning to say his name before I went all Rocky on him and said "It doesn't matter what your name is! Your name is irrelevant!" in an Indian accent, and then I said, "Look outside. I have your package." Of course, I was never outside and there was never any package, but fucking around was fun. My friend and his girlfriend loved it.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Now that I've put a little thought into it I can remember plenty of times where I've caved in to peer pressure. Most of those times is watching movies I simply didn't want to watch... Eclipse being the latest of those.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Now that I've put a little thought into it I can remember plenty of times where I've caved in to peer pressure. Most of those times is watching movies I simply didn't want to watch... Eclipse being the latest of those.
Oh I'm forced to see a horrible movie every few weeks. The Proposal. The accidental husband. The last two Twilight flicks. The Box. A bunch of shitty Arabic movies. The only saving grace is that I managed to convince people to see Toy Story 3 with me.

·
Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,115 Posts
"Aw come on, it'll be fun!"
"Really? But...you're there. And I don't like that; you make me feel sad inside."

That's how the last one of those conversations went for me. I'm fairly sure my friends think I don't like or care about them enough for peer pressure to ever work. Which is a little on the depressing side, now that I think about it. In no small part because it's pretty much true.

But, yeah, like LC and redeadening, I get talked into going to see shit movies, but that's more of a barter system; I go see something shit that they think will be a good idea, they come with me to see something that they're not particularly interested in. For example, I was dragged to that terrible St Trinians movie, and then we watched a WWE PPV later. Or I was dragged to AVP2, and then we went drinking to erase the memories of it. But I don't think I've ever been talked into something where there was no potential upside.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Only really happened with alcohol. Was never interested in it at all and my friend destroyed me by introducing me to that terrible drug.

·
Premium Member
4,757 Posts
If I don't want to do something I don't do it. So no, not really. I might of got pressured a few times but not for bad stuff more like seeing a movie like others have mentioned.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
The small stuff like what video game to play or movie to watch yeah I've caved plenty of times, However with the bigger stuff like drinking and smoking no I've never caved.

·
Registered
4,157 Posts
They tried to get me to smoke but I turned it down and they were cool with it but then there's facebook fpalm. All of my buddies have been persistently trying to force me to join Facebook despite the number of times I've said FUCK NO.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts