Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So wwe are going for what we expected for summerslam and that's McIntyre vs Orton for the WWE title. Orton came out and cut a great promo talking about he's been part of some legendary teams/factions in the WWE like evolution legacy and the authority. Also talked about how the WWE have created legends like stone cold and the rock but them guys can't hold a candle to his longevity and how much more decorated he his and that's because he took what he wanted when he wanted.

He then proceeded to say he wanted the WWE championship once more and how the current champ McIntyre 10 years ago was the chosen one but had his head to far up his ass that it got his ass fired. But he has his respect for the way he's come back then rose to beat Brock lesnar at mania for the title. But drew has what he wants. Orton just great as a heel and really been the stand out in these pandemic era shows

Nia jax and shayna bayzler had a match but because there probably trying to protect both women for some reason they had them get into a brawl outside the ring and security and officials had to intervene and the match was throw out and baylzer took out one of the security guards why nia took out one of the officials it was pretty pointless. There feud continues..woo

Drew McIntyre came out to respond to Randy Orton's challenge and cut a great promo saying Orton is the biggest threat right now for him and that people think he's the underdog but he's begging orton to please underestimate him and think he's the underdog because you can't see the RKO coming but he will see the claymore coming. Great delivery from McIntyre it's a real shame there's no crowd because I think he would of really benefited for the crowd during this run and I think they would of got behind him during his reign what might come to a end at summerslam. Dolph Ziggler came out and the stipulation of extreme rules was chosen for there pointless non title rematch for later on that night but we know what the rematch was needed for.

Seth Rollins is confronted by mysterios son Dominik for Seth Rollins popping his father's eyeball out (man what is this story) dominik eventually attacks Rollins taking him down with a takedown but is then beaten down by both Rollins and Murphy. Aleistar black comes.to make a save I don't even know why black is apart of this I guess him and mysterio became brothers for life after they both got thrown of a roof together at MITB. But he's beaten down by Rollins and Murphy and Murphy pushed Blacks eye in the corner of the steps (so more of that I guess) and then dominik comes out of nowhere and beats both Rollins and Murphy with a kendo stick and they retreat. I just want this story to end it's so stupid and nobody's getting over this messiah stick with Rollins is getting more stupid by the week. Also Murphy beat Humberto carrillo in a filler match.

MVP asks Ali to join his group during the MVP lounge segment with Shelton Benjamin and Bobby lashley. Ali says no. Then R-truth crashes in to try pin Shelton Benjamin to try win the 24/7 title but is unsucessful. So Bobby lashley beats him clean as a sheet in a short match. Again what's the direction here just a throw away thing where does lashley go from here? where does Ali go? I don't get it.

Triple threat tag team match between Garza and Andrade - Ricochet-Cedric and the Viking raiders the winners will face the street profits for the belts. Pretty good match both teams got to get some stuff in the street profits were loud and energetic on commentary but Garza and Andrade get the win. Even tho the street profits beat them last week. Id of rather seen ricochet and Cedric get the win here but hey is what it is the tag division is crap right now. Good teams but just bad after thought booking.

Women's title match - where the title will change hands even if there's a DQ. So asuka and Sasha start of having a good match it was starting to heat up both women having good back and forth exchanges and countering each other. but that doesn't really matter because on the tron footage from backstage starts playing off Bayley attacking and beating up kairi sane(great goodbye for kairi) and asuka notices this and makes the decision to run and save her friend from bayley and in the process gets counted out and loses her title and Sasha banks is the new raw women's champion. Dog shit finish. and the two women power trip continues and it wasn't just a flash in the pan like everyone thought. I really am confused where you go from here. Just gonna have Sasha doing what bayleys doing on smackdown I guess. Or they moving towards something with Stephanie McMahon?(God I hope not)

Ziggler vs McIntyre - pointless non title extreme rules match - ziggler beats down McIntyre with a kendo stick for a while McIntyre puts Ziggler through the barricade and there's some back and forth until drew hits the claymore and finishes this pointless feud but then Orton hits the ring gives Drew a RKO and we finish raw with Orton standing over drew with the title.

Average raw some really crappy stuff but I enjoyed the start of the McIntyre and Orton feud I think it will be good but for the rest of show it was either bad or meh.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Randy vs Drew started amazing , that’s the only feud I really care for. Rest is filler .

But let’s be real in UFC and other fighting promotions the main event is also usually the only drawing point and so long as it delivers the entire PPV is good.

I mean when Floyd vs McGregor fought did anyone give a shit remember any of the other fights on that card ?

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
Mcintyre vs Orton feud gonna be lit. They did Asuka dirty again. Not much interested in anything else

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Randy vs Drew started amazing , that’s the only feud I really care for. Rest is filler .

But let’s be real in UFC and other fighting promotions the main event is also usually the only drawing point and so long as it delivers the entire PPV is good.

I mean when Floyd vs McGregor fought did anyone give a shit remember any of the other fights on that card ?
In boxing and ufc it all depends on the budget in terms of what happens on the undercard you have a estimate on what your gonna draw and you work out a budget from there . I know in boxing you work out what you pay your main event fighters with them fighters because like you said there the draw and whatever's left let's say a million dollars that gets split between the undercard fighters but sometimes it's more than that or less depends on the size of the event and how much money the main event guys are getting some fighters like Floyd decide who's on there undercard and what he's willing to give them out the pot. So sometimes you get great undercards sometimes forgettable ones

·
Registered
395 Posts
In boxing and ufc it all depends on the budget in terms of what happens on the undercard you have a estimate on what your gonna draw and you work out a budget from there . I know in boxing you work out what you pay your main event fighters with them fighters because like you said there the draw and whatever's left let's say a million dollars that gets split between the undercard fighters but sometimes it's more than that or less depends on the size of the event and how much money the main event guys are getting some fighters like Floyd decide who's on there undercard and what he's willing to give them out the pot. So sometimes you get good undercards sometimes forgettable ones
Sure, and in ideal world you will have all feuds to be great, but at this poin with no crowd and many of the top guys missing due to injuries, the pandemic or limited contract dates ( Roman, D Bryan, Lesnar, Edge, Becky etc), and night live crowd I think as long as they nail their main event feud well it should be enough.

You really only have like 3 guys that are credible enough to carry the show right now and 2 of them are in the main event, the other one is Seth but he also lacks fun new opponents and his feud with Rey and his son doesn’t really have any stakes so that kills all of its appeal .

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sure, and in ideal world you will have all feuds to be great, but at this poin with no crowd and many of the top guys missing due to injuries, the pandemic or limited contract dates ( Roman, D Bryan, Lesnar, Edge, Becky etc), and night live crowd I think as long as they nail their main event feud well it should be enough.

You really only have like 3 guys that are credible enough to carry the show right now and 2 of them are in the main event, the other one is Seth but he also lacks fun new opponents and his feud with Rey and his son doesn’t really have any stakes so that kills all of its appeal .
They just need to have interesting angles because the filler stuff there doing right now it's like there just coasting waiting it out till crowds come back but there's no time frame for that yet Vince was apparently not happy because he thought crowds would definitely be back for summerslam. There not gonna be able to put thousands of people in a arena imo till survivor series at the very very earliest an even that's a long shot I think. And a good main event is great but when your watching a 4 hour ppv and 3 and half hours of it is not good quality then the time you get to the main event your lethargic. The Rollins and rey stuff needs to end now because it's going nowhere.

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,593 Posts
Thanks OP, no need to sit through 3 hours of bore, you explained in detail and I don't need to watch,

thanks .

·
Registered
211 Posts
Was pretty much listening to Schwarzer Engel for 3 hours in favor of watching, but only good part is Randy and Drew fued.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts