Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 866 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
26,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

‘Avengers: Endgame’ Passes ‘Avatar’ to Become Biggest Movie in History

Variety said:
After “Avatar’s” impressive 10 year reign as box office champion, “Avengers: Endgame” has officially dethroned James Cameron’s sci-fi epic to become the biggest movie of all time.

On Saturday, Disney and Marvel’s blockbuster crossed $2.7892 billion at the global box office, and will exceed the $500,000 in ticket sales needed to surpass “Avatar’s” $2.7897 billion benchmark.

“Avengers: Endgame” has amassed $853 million at the domestic box office and $1.9 billion internationally. Outside of North America, the superhero had especially strong performances in China ($614 million), the United Kingdom ($114 million), South Korea ($105 million), Brazil ($85 million) and Mexico ($77 million).

The ever-determined studio re-released “Avengers: Endgame” in theaters last month in an effort to push the epic finale to ultimate box office glory. And now that Disney inherited the Fox film empire, the studio is home to seven of the top 10 highest-grossing films ever.

“A huge congratulations to the Marvel Studios and Walt Disney Studios teams, and thank you to the fans around the world who lifted ‘Avengers: Endgame’ to these historic heights,” Alan Horn, Disney co-chairman and chief creative officer, said in a statement. “Of course, even with the passage of a decade, the impact of James Cameron’s ‘Avatar’ remains as powerful as ever, and the astonishing achievements of both of these films are ongoing proof of the power of movies to move people and bring them together in a shared experience. The talented filmmakers behind these worlds have much more in store, and we look forward to the future of both the Marvel Cinematic Universe and Pandora.”

“Avengers: Endgame,” the 22nd entry in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, features an all-star cast including Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man, Chris Evans as Captain America, Brie Larson as Captain Marvel, Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Scarlett Johansson as Black Widow, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk and Paul Rudd as Ant-Man.

Source: https://variety.com/2019/film/news/avengers-endgame-box-office-record-avatar-2-1203256562/?fbclid=IwAR3fgW5XMRYf9lcZUKmhWC5oT_GgEp9zS_n_JdNJT9L_3olviiPRjv7EWJA

A culmination of 22 interconnected films, the fourth installment of the Avengers saga will draw audiences to witness the turning point of this epic journey. Our beloved heroes will truly understand how fragile this reality is and the sacrifices that must be made to uphold it.

Sacrifice...do you have the conviction to do what it takes, to give what is necessary, to trade lives if it meant you were victorious in the endgame?

We are on a journey in the next chapter of this epic saga. All we can do is speculate on how the AVENGERS ASSEMBLE to save the universe after the decimation by Thanos. This is the finale the Marvel Cinematic Universe has built towards for the last decade.

·
Magic, sparkles and Strap-ons!
14,329 Posts
Re: Avengers 4 (May 3, 2019)

I hope some that died stay dead and hope more do die.

If nobody dies then nobody will stay interested long term and the movies will stagnate because there won't be any weight to any villains or actions.

·
BIG KAIJU~
5,987 Posts

Oh for sure we are diving into Alternate Realities and it was shown with that Beeper Nick Fury had to contact Captain Marvel. I mean it could be some Days of Future's Past type of stuff here and there. We could see younger versions of the Avengers if Captain Marvel truly does take place in the 90's every one of the Avengers should be alive except maybe Spidey.

·
Registered
4,527 Posts

I think Avengers 4 is definitely going to deal with time travel and alternate realities. We've already seen set pics where Cap, Stark, Thor, and Loki are all wearing their Avengers 1 outfits. We have also seen Ant Man and what looks to be a grey haired Stark there as well. My guess is that they go back to the Battle of New York and try to change the past some how. Maybe try to convince Loki to turn on Thanos before he has the stones? I think with Loki, due to his popularity, he had a decent role in this one. Also, how will they get Captain Marvel involved?

As for the deaths, I'm sure some of them are permanent, and some are temporary. Lets be honest here, does anybody honestly think Spidey and Black Panther are really dead? My prediction is that Cap or Stark and possibly Thor don't make it out of this one.

No matter what happens, Marvel has done their job in making the fans want more. It's going to be a long year.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
1,189 Posts

It would suck if Valkyrie and Korg just died off screen. I'm hoping they somehow end up in Avengers 4.

Joe Russo confirmed Valkyrie isn't dead (Marvel wouldn't kill off a Black female character in 2018 tbh) but didn't confirm Korg.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

Depends on how they died. It'd be stupid if some of the people who turned into dust would resurrect and some others wouldn't.

All the people who weren't killed by the Gauntlet should stay dead though.
if they brought gamora back i'd be okay with it. like she could be in the soul stone or something.

·
Registered
3,793 Posts

if they brought gamora back i'd be okay with it. like she could be in the soul stone or something.
I think they could easily find a way that it doesn't look too farfetched, but to me it was a really emotional moment that shouldn't be messed with; bringing back Gamora would ruin a really powerful moment.

·
Banned
2,461 Posts

I would prefer for either Loki or Gamora to stay dead (preferably Loki) and for one other person to permantley die in Avengers 4. If Marvel want to keep the interest of fans long term they are gonna have to make these villians seem like a threat.

·
Premium Member
18,745 Posts

I would prefer for either Loki or Gamora to stay dead (preferably Loki) and for one other person to permantley die in Avengers 4. If Marvel want to keep the interest of fans long term they are gonna have to make these villians seem like a threat.
I think Loki should remain dead, I don't see much else they can do with him. As for Avengers 4, i think Cap dies along with Tony. The already have people that can replace Tony on the team with Black Panther becomeing their Tech guy(via shuri) and also leader, and Cap can be replaced by either sam or bucky.

·
40,762 Posts

Bringing back Gamora would pretty much ruin the moment and impact it had along with making sacrifices meaningless. She should stay dead.
Not really. A sacrifice is still a sacrifice even if that person is later resurrected.

There's this other superhero that was crucified by the Romans. He died on the cross, sacrificing himself for humanity. He then came back to life. This mythology spawned a cult that changed the face of this planet.

He's not the only character in various mythologies that die and come back to life. It's a thing.

also THANKS FOR SPOILING INFINITY WAR GAH (j/k imo)

·
Premium Member
44,065 Posts

Avengers 4: The Search for All Of The Spocks AKA The Reset Button!

·
The face that runs the List
10,782 Posts

They can't keep everyone who died in IW dead

You guys are nuts. No way they should keep Spider-Man, Dr Strange, Wanda or Black Panther dead.

I'm fine with everyone who died before the snap not coming back, like Loki, Heimdall, Gamora etc... But they need to bring to life at least 80% of the victims.

1 - 20 of 866 Posts