1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
These days I find beauty as depressing as years be
13,975 Posts
Way to post old news.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
Heard this before, but yes - he's 100% right.

They're never gonna take those kind of chances again though with young guys - leaving them out there to possibly flounder. They wanna control every aspect of the show now.

·
Registered
487 Posts
that's the reason why Austin walked out on WWE 2002
This. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that Steve's neck could have possibly snapped from any bump he would have taken at the time. Or the fact that his knees were about to be completely blown out from under him.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The WWE has lost its anything-can-happen feel. Extemporaneous promos were brilliant in the sense that, regardless of a wrestlers acting ability, each had a unique persona and really pushed to get their character across. These days, with very few exceptions, everybody sounds the same. It's awful and is totally the wrong way to go about doing things.

I honestly can not believe that despite an obvious decrease in promo quality over the years, the WWE still persists with this method. Give them bullet points and let them work their character around the points that are needed in order to advance the story. Have the wrestlers plan the promos a day prior to shooting and have them put the work to paper. Have them run it by the 'creative' team, and then have them deliver the promo in the ring. And for those who can't talk without following a script- GET THEM A FUCKING MANAGER

I hate the state of wrestling today.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Auto-ban for bumping old threads?

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
Bumping dead threads = No.

·
Registered
240 Posts
did you really dig through this section looking for 2 month old threads?

although i do see your point.
No. Searching for threads on a similar topic before posting a superfluous new one is pretty much standard protocol on just about every forum on the internet. I assumed that this was the case here.

Anyway, can we get back on topic? I'm half tempted to just copy and paste my post above and start a new thread on this very subject. Hopefully it would go some way in appeasing the petty, jobsworth morons who, with the exception of brandishing the rule book, have nothing of real value to add.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts