Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me ,YES.Please tell yes or no.Just stick to WWE,WCW.Dont talk abt indies or roh.90% of casual wrestling fans have no idea abt them.I am talking abt entertainment and not abt technical stuff etc

it was the biggest money spinner.

The Austin vs rock was just an extension of this feud most of the time.

everybody loved austin and everybody hated vince.

Won the monday night wars.

The crowd so hot for austin.(perhaps even austin-rock could not match it).

It lasted for along time but it was just superb.

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
Personally, for me, it was always WCW Vs. nWo (The original nWo. Fuck the reincarnations). That was WCW's money feud for a year and a half, and it was awesome.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Its either this, or the Original Three Man nWo vs WCW.

There are other great feuds. Shawn vs Jericho 2008, Punk vs Hardy 2009, Eddie vs JBL 2004, Funk vs Flair, Steamboat vs Flair, Freebirds vs Von Erichs, Dangerous Alliance vs Sting's squadron, Hogan vs Andre, Hogan vs Piper but they all just pale in comparison to those 'big two'.

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shawn vs Jericho 2008, Punk vs Hardy 2009, Eddie vs JBL 2004, Funk vs Flair, Steamboat vs Flair, Freebirds vs Von Erichs, Dangerous Alliance vs Sting's squadron, Hogan vs Andre, Hogan vs Piper but they all just pale in comparison to those 'big two'.
my thoughts exactly

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I think so,it just edges the original WCW/NWO storyline IMO.

It had so many layers - tyrannical,slick boss vs. blue collar,rough and ready employee; corporate city boy vs. rebel Texan etc.Like you say,nearly every main event storyline basically revolved around that about 18 months.Not forgetting the OTT and very original angles WCW couldn't promote.

Foley/Austin,Taker/Austin,Rock/Foley,Rock/Austin and the "Higher Power" were all entwined within the main storyline.

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
I don't know if I agree with the most entertaining of all-time as I have other preferences, but it was very over and did ridiculously good business.

·
Banned
681 Posts
It was probably the best in WWF/E history but not including WCW/ECW or any other promotions the WWE has

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
Its either this, or the Original Three Man nWo vs WCW.

There are other great feuds. Shawn vs Jericho 2008, Punk vs Hardy 2009, Eddie vs JBL 2004, Funk vs Flair, Steamboat vs Flair, Freebirds vs Von Erichs, Dangerous Alliance vs Sting's squadron, Hogan vs Andre, Hogan vs Piper but they all just pale in comparison to those 'big two'.
Shawn vs Jericho in 2008 was terrible. Michaels' performances were lifeless and so boring.

·
Registered
32 Posts
For my money it was the best, you had the ultimate power in wrestling, a sick tyrannical monster, vs a fowl mouth beer drinking anti-hero. This pretty much summed up most of the great action movies of that time.

I think a big part of the reason everyone wants the attitude era back is just for this feud.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,587 Posts
Shawn vs Jericho in 2008 was terrible. Michaels' performances were lifeless and so boring.
And all Jeff did was stand there and look fucking retarded while Punk danced his way around him in promos.

Shawn played his part well. All he had to do was get angry at certain points and keep the fans interest, if anything the story was more about Jericho and his transition into one of the greatest gimmicks ever, The Honest Man.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
Nothing tops WCW vs nWo.

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
yes it does thats austin and mcmahon, it saved a company
I don't care if it saved a company, the thread says ''The Most Entertaining Feud'', and I think it's not. Where's the problem?

·
Registered
813 Posts
Most entertaining? I don't think so - not by a long shot. Savage and Flair in WWF, Savage and Roberts, Hart and Michaels, Rock n' Roll Express and Midnight Express, Flair and Steamboat, Bruno Sammartino and Larry Zbyszko... I think these are all more entertaining than McMahon/Austin because they all had really excellent wrestling matches to push the feud along.

But as far as "Biggest" or "Greatest" would go? Then it's either Austin/McMahon or WCW/nWo. There was nothing bigger before or after those two feuds, and they've spawned countless imitations ever since.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
The thing about Austin/Vince and NWO/WCW,is that it got old. NWO should of ended at Starrcade 97. Austin vs. Vince should of ended in the fall of 98. Hart vs. Austin feud is a feud that did not drag which is why the feud is remember so highly.

That being said, Hogan and Savage whole MegaPowers formation and break up storyline was just pure awesome. Nothing like it and hasn't been done to that level ever since.

·
Banned
234 Posts
And all Jeff did was stand there and look fucking retarded while Punk danced his way around him in promos.

Shawn played his part well. All he had to do was get angry at certain points and keep the fans interest, if anything the story was more about Jericho and his transition into one of the greatest gimmicks ever, The Honest Man.
My bullshit detector just went off. Jeff Hardy was bloody superb in the Punk feud, he sold everything to perfection and acted like a brilliant babyface throughout doing a better job than Cena has ever done in that role.

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
Yes, it definitely was. There were many other great feuds, but Austin/McMahon absolutely tops the list.

·
Banned
9,124 Posts
Yes sir.

Anyone with a job could relate to that storyline. And then use their paychecks to buy Austin merchandise. A genius rivalry on every level and the greatest of all time imo.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
My bullshit detector just went off. Jeff Hardy was bloody superb in the Punk feud, he sold everything to perfection and acted like a brilliant babyface throughout doing a better job than Cena has ever done in that role.
I love how you guys praise him after he turned heel in TNA. I despised him in that feud, he came across as a jealous baby who turned everything into a fight.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts