Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they ever explain the partnership between Austin and Tyson? It just doesn't really seem to fit the storyline as to why Tyson would turn on DX nor did it really fit Austin's character to enlist the help of someone else.

So were they (kayfabe) in cahoots the whole time ? Did they stage the famous shoving match on Raw in January? I always thought it was strange that to the best of my knowledge nothing was really ever mentioned about how they ended up being in on it together.

Registered
Yeah it never really made sense but it didn't need to. Tyson brought a lot of mainstream viewing to the product.

Registered
I doubt Tyson and Austin were in cahoots the whole time, it just seemed liked Tyson decided to do the right thing and make the 3 count for Austin in the moment, thus severing his relationship with DX. Remember Tyson started out as a mark for Austin at the Royal Rumble, he said Stone Cold was his favourite superstar in the company at the time. It's not like he wanted to feud with Austin in the first place, Austin was the one who provoked him first. By making the count, he got in good with his true favourite guy, which is what he truly always wanted.

If Tyson and Austin were in on it all along, it makes Austin look like a chickenshit, so no I don't think so. It wasn't in his character at the time.

Premium Member
I could have sworn during the post WM press conference they kayfabe said it was the plan all along.
Yeah they did. Tyson said he went to Steve's house in Texas and they orchestrated a plan then and there.

What I've always wondered is when Tyson enters the ring to make the count, he counts the 3 very fast. Now was this a case of Tyson not knowing how to make a 3 count or a case of Michaels getting in his ear and saying make it quick so it looks unfair as if I was screwed?

Thus not making HBK look as weak when he loses?

Reactions: The_Kliq

Registered
It was kind of a thing where there was mutual respect and Tyson was sick of D-X (kayfabingly speaking.)

Registered
Yeh, the idea, as JR and King tried to emphasise on the big night, was the irony of Michaels being double-crossed (shortly after Montreal). Austin and Tyson's confrontation was, in theory, pre-planned to allow Tyson to infiltrate DX and fuck Michaels over on the big night.

Reactions: The_Kliq

Banned

Registered
I doubt Tyson and Austin were in cahoots the whole time, it just seemed liked Tyson decided to do the right thing and make the 3 count for Austin in the moment, thus severing his relationship with DX. Remember Tyson started out as a mark for Austin at the Royal Rumble, he said Stone Cold was his favourite superstar in the company at the time. It's not like he wanted to feud with Austin in the first place, Austin was the one who provoked him first. By making the count, he got in good with his true favourite guy, which is what he truly always wanted.

If Tyson and Austin were in on it all along, it makes Austin look like a chickenshit, so no I don't think so. It wasn't in his character at the time.
I've always said that. It was indeed a fast count and it's a fact WWE has chosen to ignore for 17 years haha.

My guess is gonna be that Tyson just didn't know the proper cadence for a 3-count or he just got caught up in the moment and he moved a bit too fast. Point being, I don't think it was meant to be a kayfabe fast count.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah they did. Tyson said he went to Steve's house in Texas and they orchestrated a plan then and there.

What I've always wondered is when Tyson enters the ring to make the count, he counts the 3 very fast. Now was this a case of Tyson not knowing how to make a 3 count or a case of Michaels getting in his ear and saying make it quick so it looks unfair as if I was screwed?

Thus not making HBK look as weak when he loses?
I've seen this fast count argument being brought up before but I don't buy it. Fast count or not, the way Michaels sold it you could have counted to 100. He wasn't going anywhere. After the stunner he laid on the mat for like 5 minutes.

Premium Member
I've seen this fast count argument being brought up before but I don't buy it. Fast count or not, the way Michaels sold it you could have counted to 100. He wasn't going anywhere. After the stunner he laid on the mat for like 5 minutes.
I'm with you here. I think that is most likely the case. That's also a good point about Michaels selling the Stunner.

I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
I think Tyson was just so excited he did a fast count without realizing LOL.

Reactions: WWETopTen
1 - 15 of 15 Posts