Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
The Babyface of WF
11,645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or does it feel like he should be the last person to replace Andrade at WM? I get it this year because the show is in a dead arena this doesn't matter to some but the guy just plain sucks I'm sure anybody else remotely good not necessarily great could have been shoehorned into a WrestleMania spot.

So underserved.

·
Registered
9,822 Posts
I don't mind Austin Theory but i was just thinking that they could have put EC3 in this spot. I think he would do well with Zelina by his side even though he's a great mic worker himself when given the opportunity.

·
Southern Pride
3,218 Posts
I haven't been a fan of Austin Theory so far. So i'm not going to be supportive of this. This could have been a good opportunity to change it up with No Way Jose or use Rowan OR actually use EC3. I guess that we now know why Austin Theory lost to Tyler Breeze on NXT.

It feels too soon for Austin Theory to get an opportunity like this. He is still missing that "something".

·
Registered
673 Posts
What's with the name?

It sounds like he used 'Wrestling Name Generator'.

1. Enter last name of favourite wrestler.
2. Enter desired noun.

Result : Your name is Austin Theory

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I thought this guy had a lot of hype behind him? Glad I'm not alone in not seeing it though
People on this forum have a tendency to hype up every non mainstream wrestler... 90% of the time I think it’s because they just watch YouTube highlights. Anyone can look pretty good in a heavily edited highlight reel YouTube clip.

I certainly dont hate the guy and actually want him to succeed and be the guy in NXT one day but WWE can never let a guy get built up and gain real momentum. They force everything and as a result fans turn on their chosen ones

·
Registered
23,433 Posts
Theory is a guy with a lot of upside and someone Vince will love for his look. Well, love him for a minute or two before he gets bored. But he’s still got a way to in presentation.

In terms of taking a Mania spot, I mean he’s in a match that exists only because Rey is sick and he’s sliding into someone else’s spot. It’s not like it means that much.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Not gonna lie...

I haven't watched WWe in a year and thought by "Austin Theory" OP meant they had a "theory" about Stone Cold Steve "Austin".

Needless to say I nearly had a conniption after reading he should return as a last minute replacement in a meaningless match at a meaningless Mania.

:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
He and Garza should make a good “good looking lads” team. I wouldn’t be against them winning the belts and Ford getting the US off Andrade.

·
Registered
11,597 Posts
People on this forum have a tendency to hype up every non mainstream wrestler... 90% of the time I think it’s because they just watch YouTube highlights. Anyone can look pretty good in a heavily edited highlight reel YouTube clip.

I certainly dont hate the guy and actually want him to succeed and be the guy in NXT one day but WWE can never let a guy get built up and gain real momentum. They force everything and as a result fans turn on their chosen ones
On flipside you could say people hear of someone and watch them once or twice and they aren't Dwayne Johnson 1999 in WWE and they shit on them. Daniel Bryan has two dozen "overrated" type threads on here from 2010-11.

Theory is young just 22, good looking, good body, good worker so obviously he will be pushed not spend 2 years going 50/50 with Slater or even Cesaro.

Better heel than baby so fans hating him will be bonus.

·
Premium Member
10,151 Posts
The kid is 22 years old being given a great opportunity. He's not getting a rocket push and it gives people a chance to connect with a guy they saw first as nothing but a team filler. I also really doubt Austin is going to be a "Vince" guy, despite his great look.

·
Registered
6,924 Posts
What's with the name?

It sounds like he used 'Wrestling Name Generator'.

1. Enter last name of favourite wrestler.
2. Enter desired noun.

Result : Your name is Austin Theory
LOL he does sound like he comes from the Jack Swagger, Dolph Ziggler, Michael McGillicutty era. Are we at mid-2000s nostalgia now?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts