Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came across this just cycling through the web and he said some interesting stuff:

His heel turn:
My problems with WWE had been building for a while, going back to WrestleMania X-7 when I wanted to change the direction of my character. I felt a little stale, and I wanted to switch things up. Maybe it wasn't the greatest idea in the world, but I always think back to that night at WrestleMania when I was whaling The Rock with a chair. I shouldn't have just flipped flat-out and erased the mystique of Stone Cole. Hell, Stone Cold is unpredictable, because you never know what the hell he's going to do next. I should have put the edge back where it needed to be. Instead, it became predictable. Then Rock was gone. Everybody was gone. I didn't have a lot of people to work programs with, and the fans didn't really know how to take me. But anyway, the creative [direction] got real wishy-washy after that, and I wasn't happy with the direction anything was going in.
Potentially working with Hogan:
When I took off for a couple of weeks after WrestleMania X8, I heard and read a lot of people saying it was because I was pissed off about the nWo coming in and because of my match at 'Mania with Scott Hall. I really didn't have a problem with the nWo. Me and Kevin Nash used to be riding partners. He's a damn good friend of mine. When Hall and Nash were in WCW, they stirred up a lot of crap. The only one I heard that was a pile of trash was [Hollywood Hulk] Hogan, because he's a manipulator and does backstage politics; he's proven that to this day. I just didn't think it was going to work out gangbusters like it was planned to be.
The Rock's get the F out promo:
There were some other things that went on while I was gone that pissed me off. Like during the smear campaign when I was sitting at the house and had to turn on the TV and see The Rock making a special appearance on RAW. This was during the "Get the 'F' Out" campaign, when we had to change our name to WWE -- which completely sucks. So all of a sudden, you've got Rock out there saying, "You know, if you don't want to be here, then get the 'F' out!" Well genius, I'd already been out and got out. To me, that was the thing that got my ass the most. Here's a guy who I was a tremendous influence on his career in he ring. He'll tell you the same thing -- and if he don't, he's a liar. Anytime he needed advice for a problem, I'd give him the best advice I could. I always helped that guy out -- I helped everyone who asked. If you wanted my honest opinion, I'd give it. so anyway, the problem was with me and Vince, it wasn't with me and Rock. I thought that was the biggest chickenshit thing I'd ever seen done to me, so far in the business, for him to go out and call me out. That's how he pays me back? That was pathetic.
HHH being the top guy:
Triple H's constant reference to me taking my ball and going home. "You want me to pull an Austin?" or whatever. Here's a guy who needs to stop worrying about me -- I"m not even with the company right now. He needs to worry about his own character and drawing big money for the company. "Oh, but the business is in a down cycle." That's very convenient. In my view, he's not where he should be with the amount of TV time invested in him. So, don't worry about Stone Cold because somewhere along the line, in the transition from being a Greenwich snob to being the toughest guy ever to walk in the ring who walks down the ramp all jacked up spewing water, I missed it. And you know what? When I look back at old films from when I was gone in 2000, that was the year Triple H stepped up huge. That was the year Triple H was a hell of a hand. So knock off 25 pounds and go back to doing that and being one of the best. It's f***ing simple.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
I've always loved the quote from him on Triple H. Mind you this was during the Triple H push of doom in late 2002 and early 2003, which somehow carried over into 2004.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
Austin is one of the most straight-forward SOBs I have ever heard in wrestling. His book "The Stone Cold Truth" is a great read as well.

Btw, I still have this magazine!
His book was a good read. Guy just feels brutally honest with you.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Problems with creative, problems with Hogan, problems with Rock, problems with Vince, problems with HHH. Maybe it's best he took a bit of a break back then or he might have ended up completely disillusioned with the business.

·
Banned
128 Posts
Fuck Austin.

He talks as if The Rock & HHH wouldnt exist in the wrestling business without him. He is clearly Butthurt about other people's success.

Here's a guy who I was a tremendous influence on his career in he ring. He'll tell you the same thing -- and if he don't, he's a liar. Anytime he needed advice for a problem, I'd give him the best advice I could. I always helped that guy out -- I helped everyone who asked.
What a load of crap. What influence did austin have on the rock's career ?

He talks crap about HHH but isnt he the same guy who walked out of the arena refusing to put over brock lesnar?

Never made any stars in his entire career, never jobbed to anyone, biggest backstage politicker. Fuck this butthurt bitch.

THE ROCK AND TRIPLE H > AUSTIN. Both of them are 10 times more talented than austin anyway.

He was stale in 1999, he is stale in 2011. I wonder how butthurt he is now because The rock is much bigger draw & the main event of Wrestlemania while this guy is washed up piece of shit.

·
Registered
3,138 Posts
You realize this article was from 2003 right? After Austin left the company and then came back this article was ran in RAW Magazine. Also it should be noted that the Rock stated many times in 1999 and 2000 that Austin had a big influence on him.

Fuck Austin.

He talks as if The Rock & HHH wouldnt exist in the wrestling business without him. He is clearly Butthurt about other people's success.

What a load of crap. What influence did austin have on the rock's career ?

He talks crap about HHH but isnt he the same guy who walked out of the arena refusing to put over brock lesnar?

Never made any stars in his entire career, never jobbed to anyone, biggest backstage politicker. Fuck this butthurt bitch.

THE ROCK AND TRIPLE H > AUSTIN. Both of them are 10 times more talented than austin anyway.

He was stale in 1999, he is stale in 2011. I wonder how butthurt he is now because The rock is much bigger draw & the main event of Wrestlemania while this guy is washed up piece of shit.

·
Know Your Worth
10,729 Posts
I remember reading those magazines back when I was a kid, when they were actually interesting..

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Lol
he completely destroyed Hogan.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
why people piss at Austin comment on the rock about influence? from mick foley varios interview and Legend of wrestling he always mention Austin when comes to characters and the meting that guys have with vince about new direction/characters. what Austin said is a fact had alot of influence in WWE.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Interesting read and very straight foward and not giving a fuck responses from Austin. This was on the WWE magazine? I'm surprised they allowed him to go off on WWE's employees and even better THE OWNER of the company like that. A shoot interview like that would never be published in today's WWE magazine, Those things are worthless now a days.

·
Premium Member
1,018 Posts
Good Read. I always enjoy reading articles from people that are brutally honest...as long as they have a good head on their shoulders. I figured he was upset at Rock and Triple H for what they were saying at the time.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
things worthless now a days thats because guys do what they told to do even if not right and its stupid unlike Austin who don't follow it if wasn't right. for instance Austin Walkout because he going to lose to brock in a match without nothing or any builtup or PPV match. if this other guy they would say yes for the business but it's not, one of dumbest thing miss oppunity ever. Brock Lesnar said in his book that he agreed with Austin and Paul Heyman confirm it who also agree with Austin.

in 2002-2003 Austin did few interview attack Creative writers.

·
Arrive Post Leave
501 Posts
Interesting read and very straight foward and not giving a fuck responses from Austin. This was on the WWE magazine? I'm surprised they allowed him to go off on WWE's employees and even better THE OWNER of the company like that. A shoot interview like that would never be published in today's WWE magazine, Those things are worthless now a days.
probleby a combination between him being a mega star , and the fact that its the sort of thing his character would have said. that interview would have pushed ALOT of megazine sales.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
LOL. Have you seen the CM Punk interview in the latest WWE Magazine?

I grant, it's not as brutally straightforward or blunt or on the nose in who it's dealing with as Austin's shoot interview in 2003, but considering where the company has been and is going, it's not altogether from a different planet, either. I'm just saying, WWE's inching closer to allowing a more jagged and mature level of content, both onscreen and in print, with Punk spearheading that movement, of course.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts