Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Austin_Says_Punk_Needs_To_Pick_Up_His_Intensity_Shares_WrestleMania_Thoughts_More.html

Is CM Punk the one for him to return against at WrestleMania 29?
"Maybe Punk’s not the guy to go against. He needs to pick up his intensity. We’ll have to see what I do, I’m happy now doing what I am. In a perfect world, where I could step back into the ring for one last match I would be willing to have that discussion with management. I do miss the business and working a live crowd, going out there and wrestling your hearts out."
:lmao even austin knows that punk is a failure

·
In Jericho, we trust
2,805 Posts
Inclined to say this is further sowing the seeds for a future encounter. Ol' Punkeh had a go at Austin's straight-to-DVD movie marketability a short while ago, didn't he?

·
Banned
6,531 Posts
all just a work.

·
In Jericho, we trust
2,805 Posts
Heh, just saw the other thread where this paraphrase was taken out of an Austin interview about Mania. Should've seen Rock316AE call the shots with the "I said this"'s and the typical "the way business MUST do this" analysis

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Says the guy with a Drew Mcintyre avi
Drew Mcintyre is not only the future of this company, but once cena and orton and sheamus get's to old he will carry this company into the next generation.

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
dude...that quote has been posted a thousand times already..

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Banned
2,968 Posts
Drew Mcintyre is not only the future of this company, but once cena and orton and sheamus get's to old he will carry this company into the next generation.

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
159 Posts

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
159 Posts

:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll
Do you hear yourself talk at all?

·
Banned
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll:troll
Do you hear yourself talk at all?
yes, but cmon

How can you not like this guy??? he is the definition of a god

·
What?
13,511 Posts
It's been a while since we've seen a strong character showing from Punk through a promo. The last good one I can think of is when he and Jericho finally talked in the ring together one on one and he had that long speech. It seems they took pretty much all the promo quotes for the highlight reel video package to promote the match from that one segment. The rest has been a slow and monotonous bubbling feud.

That isn't necessarily a bad thing, but given the intensity of the other feuds going on at the moment in the WWE, Punk and Jericho's psychological, slow-building feud seems stagnant and out-of-place. With Punk looking like a complete bitch in all these segments when his clear strength tied to his overness is his mic skills and charisma. If you give him barely any mic time in a feud it will be booooorrrrring.

I agree with Austin, for me to believe and buy into this match I want Punk to be at his most intense. The way I'd ideally book it given Austin isn't running out of time, nor is Punk and it deserves to be a main event of Wrestlemania, the last match on the card if you will, is this; I'd have Punk constantly trying to prove himself to Austin by winning matches, being champion etc. only for Austin to continue to look down on him and shrug off all the challenges. Then have Punk get more and more frustrated over time when at WM29 he doesn't get his match against Austin, starting to show a change in personality backstage, maybe have him get angry at a babyface diva or tag partner for losing a match and show signs that Austins lack of approval genuinely leaves him irritated.

He finally snaps and turns heel I guess, attacking and mocking Austin constantly, proclaiming it must be fear that has caused him to constantly blow off the match. Punk can talk all he wants about how superior he is and how he's the best wrestler in the world and continue to have Austin no-sell it. I'd be doing all this in the lead up to WM 30, having Punk carry the start of the TV aspect of the feud for weeks on his own, attacking and mocking Austin. Then before the Rumble have Punk (who isn't the WWE champion) declare that because Austin is afraid and won't accept the challenge that he will just have to win the Rumble to wrestle in the main event at WM instead or some bullshit like that, have Austin's music play at the Rumble, distracting Punk and having someone else eliminate him to win the match. Then have an irate Punk attack the winner, steal a mic and demand an explanation or he won't leave the ring. Austin comes out, stuns him without saying anything, asks the crowd to give him a hell yeah if they want to see Austin whip some ass and leave.

Punk needs to make a seperation from "best wrestler in the world" to an ass-kicker. Austin I think can deliver the feud to elevate Punk to that level he needs to shift his entire dynamic and change his style to a smart brawler technique. Basically have Punk be a ruthless ass-kicking machine like the rattlesnake. The worst part about Punk since he's turned face has been the change in the style of his matches. He has much better matches when he plays the heel as it better conveys his psychology etc. and whereas Austin was a good tweener because he acted like a heel but wrestled like a face, Punk needs to act like a face but wrestle like a heel. I think it would be much better for his character.

·
Premium Member
17,260 Posts
do you mind if I frame this quote?

Cena, Orton, Sheamus get too old? You know they're all like the same age range, right? Go ahead and mark for Drew, but think before hand.

·
Registered
6,246 Posts
Reactions: dougfisher_05
1 - 20 of 72 Posts