Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
didnt watch WWE in 99 but Just watching this youtube video on the mcmahon austin rivalry http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-TTUT9CxCg (if anyone wants to see it)

and was wondering why McMahon didnt win the match when Austin made him fall from the cage through the table but Austin won the match when Paul Wight through him through the cage and to the floor?

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
because they were never in the ring at the same time, they acknowledged that in Austin's promo after tossing Vince from top

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,683 Posts
The match hadn't officially started yet. So everything beforehand was like an unofficial Hardcore match. And since this was Vince McMahon main-eventing a PPV, there needed to be a Holy Shit moment.

·
Registered
76 Posts
McMahon was jacked during this match. You could argue that he was actually bigger than Austin in this match. He probably hit the roids really hard to prepare.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
The bell didn't ring until they were both inside the cage, that fall happened before the bell. What a fall as well, I remember thinking that Vince had broken his back or something at the time because the table didn't break properly, awesome match

·
Banned
586 Posts
McMahon was jacked during this match. You could argue that he was actually bigger than Austin in this match. He probably hit the roids really hard to prepare.
Didn't he a do magazine shoot or something in January? McMahon did look bigger then Austin in that match and Royal Rumble, made him look like he belonged with Austin though which helped their matches.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
McMahon was jacked this era, period. Look at him during the match when Austin had his arms tied behind his back almost a year before the Valentines Day Massacre PPV. He was bigger than a lot of the workers.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Vicne would have beat the shit outta Bischoff in 99.

Even with Bischoff's "Lil Kicks"

·
Banned
386 Posts
Is Bischoff's black belt in karate legitimate or a work?

I'd put money on Eric if the black belt is legitimate.
A Black belt means nothing, i know this personally

i was in Karate and the Karate teacher son was a black belt, and a asshole, kinda like a bully, and this Karate class was also a place to stay to keep out of trouble after school if uyour parents worked late.

one night, i decided to sparr (for those that don't know, a spar is to legit fight with gloves and a boxing head protector)

while a few random spar matches went on, the teachers son wanted to go a round with me, of course, after months of being bullied by this piece of shit, i wouldn't mind getting my ass kicked if it meant i got to have a few good punches thrown in so i went for it.

all i can say is eventually the teacher ran in the mat area to pull me off his son, who has a busted up lip and a broken nose.

A black belt sounds scary but when you have years of experience of actually fighting in the streets (i grew up in a ghetto where gangs were all over) and you learn how to truly fight, Karate is not helpful at all, in fact, all those Karate movies where the hero uses karate to defeat guys in the street, it's just a movie.

Karate is basically, only good if your opponent only knows how to punch and kick and is a dumbass, but if your opponent has a high tolerance for pain, a fuckin judo chop and spin kick is a walk in the park.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
Karate is very effective, but of course you have to know what you're doing. Let's see how tough you are after getting your knee kicked in or getting chopped in the side of the neck.

Eric would've kicked Vince's head off!

- Vic

1 - 13 of 13 Posts